bid route

pet_rock

i am a pt cover for 5 years now.still waiting to go ft like all other cover drivers. we have a route posted to be bid but no driver wants to commit to it because it is a terrible route. my question is since i am the only driver that has bid, would the company make me a ft driver to cover the route daily? i am under the southern supplement and can not find the answer, any suggestions?

packageguy

i am a pt cover for 5 years now.still waiting to go ft like all other cover drivers. we have a route posted to be bid but no driver wants to commit to it because it is a terrible route. my question is since i am the only driver that has bid, would the company make me a ft driver to cover the route daily? i am under the southern supplement and can not find the answer, any suggestions?

Welcome to the Brown Cafe. Put your name on the list,
you never know. good luck

Daniel Bryant

Same thing happened to me back when I was a cover driver. Downtown route and I was happy to bid on it if it got me driving everyday. I was told it would be my route only when I was needed on the road. That if they didn't need me to drive I didn't get to come in and run it. Was better for me to stay unassigned and run something good every now and then.

Johney

If you are asking that if you bid this route the company will make you friend/T ahead of someone who didn't bid it but has more seniority....than no.

CAFAL

Here in my district if there is a bid,next senior person is forced to take it. Whether they want it or not. They don't skip over people here anymore

UPSGUY72

IF your the highest seniority person that bids the FT route that is open it's yours and your a FT driver. Seniority rules however you have to bid the job in order for seniority to mean anything. They can't say that it's not your route because others that didn't sign the bid have more seniority than you. T

They can't force someone to take a bid job just because they have more seniority than someone else. That would be like saying every PTimer will have to driver sooner or later.

menotyou

bella amicizia
IF your the highest seniority person that bids the FT route that is open it's yours and your a FT driver. Seniority rules however you have to bid the job in order for seniority to mean anything. They can't say that it's not your route because others that didn't sign the bid have more seniority than you. T

They can't force someone to take a bid job just because they have more seniority than someone else. That would be like saying every PTimer will have to driver sooner or later.
You'd be shocked what goes on in NY.

pet_rock

thanks for all the info everyone. with the company trying to keep part timers from advancing i thought i could slip under the radar by doing this. i am still going to leave my name posted as of right now i am still the only bid for the route. we will see what happens. i WILL keep everyone posted for future reference.

UPSGUY72

thanks for all the info everyone. with the company trying to keep part timers from advancing i thought i could slip under the radar by doing this. i am still going to leave my name posted as of right now i am still the only bid for the route. we will see what happens. i WILL keep everyone posted for future reference.

If you want the job sign the bid list if you don't sign the list you can't win the bid... LEAVE YOUR NAME ON THE BID LIST. Pull out your contract and read your supplement / rider. Specificly the section dealling with seniority.