"Bidded" is not a word.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
People Have Been Saying "Ax" Instead of "Ask" for 1,200 Years | Smart News | Smithsonian

Ax is the correct pronunciation for ask. Weird how language changes over time.
From the comments section of the article:
"No proof provided whatsoever that "ax" has been a "regular feature" of English for 1200 years, but rather an alternate proto form of the word that fell into disuse, and was resurrected through low dialects, probably produced through poor education - not by marginalized people secretly studying and reviving Chaucer. I believe the word for this linguistic phenomenon is "coincidence"."

Ms.PacMan

From the comments section of the article:
"No proof provided whatsoever that "ax" has been a "regular feature" of English for 1200 years, but rather an alternate proto form of the word that fell into disuse, and was resurrected through low dialects, probably produced through poor education - not by marginalized people secretly studying and reviving Chaucer. I believe the word for this linguistic phenomenon is "coincidence"."

The article didn't say anyone was secretly studying or reviving Chaucer but rather the exact opposite, that low literacy rates led to the language being handed down by ear rather than some pompous :censored2: pronouncing a word wrong after reading it.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Right and before anyone gets a GED they must prove to properly know how to use they're, their and there, along with the difference between to and too.

Right?
Everyone who receives a GED can freely choose or not choose to use the information that was presented to then over their k-12 education. School is to teach. It's up to students if they want to learn. But I agree there are many people with GED who are idiots. But they can't deny the information and resources were there for then to use.