Bidding into packages

$see$gone

I heard the only way to become a RPCD is to be a 22.4 first. Is this true? I used to be in packages moved to another department. Just wondering if the door was closed on going back into packages.

upschuck

Just would like to know what options I have. I hear you feeders is a different world from packages.
I guess it depends where you are. Here, your FT seniority would determine who gets the bid when they bid the RPCD. So no, you wouldn't have to go 22.4.

542thruNthru

Just would like to know what options I have. I hear you feeders is a different world from packages.
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Troll post. No one would ever leave feeder for package.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a driver that went into feeders, was in it for about a month and they let him go back to his old package route because he claimed he couldn't sleep during the day.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We were told that you absolutely need to be 22.4 to bid up into full time package now or you’ll continually lose seniority. They also wouldn’t admit that covers would now be on call seven days a week with one or two non consecutive days off whenever they wanted to give them to you, so keep that in mind. They’re screwing over a lot of drivers in my center. They’re posting the 22.4 bid sheet only two or three weeks out from quite a few guys getting top rate, so not only are they making them work weekends now they’re stealing 7$ an hour of their pay. Scumbags.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We were told that you absolutely need to be 22.4 to bid up into full time package now or you’ll continually lose seniority. They also wouldn’t admit that covers would now be on call seven days a week with one or two non consecutive days off whenever they wanted to give them to you, so keep that in mind. They’re screwing over a lot of drivers in my center. They’re posting the 22.4 bid sheet only two or three weeks out from quite a few guys getting top rate, so not only are they making them work weekends now they’re stealing 7$ an hour of their pay. Scumbags.

How are they screwing drivers over that are almost at top rate?
A RPCD cannot lose seniority or have $7 per hour stolen from them just because 22.4 bids have been put up.

KoennenTiger

Are you saying that they are somehow forcing rpcd to bid down to 22.4? I don't believe it.

We've had several guys go feeder, hate it, and come back to package here. They have a three year commit though. The guy who used to own my route went feeder for three years, hated it, and bid back on a super sweet route another guy just retired from.