Bidding while on worker’s comp

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can I win a bid when I’m on worker’s comp and not sure when return date is? In the southern supplement

I've seen people post that is allowed in there "area".

Most people have to be available when the bid comes down, or by the time the company

is contractually required to fill the job.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here, you can bid if on Workers Comp, but not STD.

We fought hard for the Comp consideration, as we believe that you should not lose any seniority rights when injured in the service of the employer.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here, you can bid if on Workers Comp, but not STD.

We fought hard for the Comp consideration, as we believe that you should not lose any seniority rights when injured in the service of the employer.

Good win.

Not much history (in my Local) with that. I can only remember one case and it was STD. Driver was awarded the

the bid because he was back in time, but I've seen people file on it because they missed a bid. They didn't

understand it was the drivers obligation to check for bid sheets, not the Union's or company's obligation

to inform them there were bid sheets up....

Commercial Inside Release

understand it was the drivers obligation to check for bid sheets, not the Union's or company's obligation

Yeah, but would it kill UPS to do anything at all in a modern way? Always taping stupid papers to a door, or posting a moronic paper schedule on a wall... There's no excuse for it!

If you have been off work for a while, you always have to call some office dweeb to find out your start time, or try to catch a friend that might have a picture of the schedule.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Good win.

Not much history (in my Local) with that. I can only remember one case and it was STD. Driver was awarded the

the bid because he was back in time, but I've seen people file on it because they missed a bid. They didn't

They called me to come in and bid when I was on comp. Someone covered the route till I got back.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Yeah, but would it kill UPS to do anything at all in a modern way? Always taping stupid papers to a door, or posting a moronic paper schedule on a wall... There's no excuse for it!

If you have been off work for a while, you always have to call some office dweeb to find out your start time, or try to catch a friend that might have a picture of the schedule.
Easier to say you glitched out

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Responsibility sucks

542thruNthru

In my area because we bid routes for life so to speak. You can bid a route no matter the reasons you are out. Leave of absence, FMLA, Comp, disability, it doesn't matter. Now it's the members responsibility to make him/her self aware of the route bid not the companies. So they need to inform friends or a steward to let them know if something goes up. Though this is only for bidding routes. Taking a RPCD bid position you must be "ready" and qualified to take the position.

charm299

The steward said I need a return date to bid, which would be sometime next month but I don’t know exact date. But I also don’t trust our local