Bidding while on worker’s comp

Max Headroom

Where I’m at as long as you have a return to work date then you can bid on a job or a route and be awarded it regardless of workers comp or Short Term Disability . The key is that you have a return to work date set by the doctor. I should say a reasonable return to work date.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
In my area because we bid routes for life so to speak. You can bid a route no matter the reasons you are out. Leave of absence, FMLA, Comp, disability, it doesn't matter. Now it's the members responsibility to make him/her self aware of the route bid not the companies. So they need to inform friends or a steward to let them know if something goes up. Though this is only for bidding routes. Taking a RPCD bid position you must be "ready" and qualified to take the position.

What if you get tired of your route??

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
You can elect to come off of it and become what we call a utility driver (FT no bid route). Or you wait for a route to open up because of retirement or termination.

Ah gotcha. So you can still move around you just can’t get bumped off your route every two years in the rebid.