Biden Put Americans At Risk By Trading Dangerous Russian Arms Dealer For Brittney Grinder

Box Ox

Bottom line is Biden freed what CBS called the mist dangerous man in the world.
…in 2010.
pc.gif

bbsam

Staff member
So no risk now? Lol, come on.
In a U.S. prison he kept up with his contacts? There was no filling of that power vacuum once he was out of the game? He’ll be welcomed back by the forces that be in Russia? They’ll trust him?

I’d say there’s as much chance that he’s found dead or is disappeared in the near future as there is that he becomes or remains that incredibly dangerous.

bbsam

Staff member
Pentagon fears Viktor Bout, the so-called 'Merchant of Death' the US swapped for Brittney Griner, could restart his old arms business

"I think there is a concern that he would return to doing the same kind of work that he's done in the past," a senior defense officials told reporters at a Thursday briefing."
Correct. And I’m certainly no international crime expert. But I wouldn’t be surprised if power structures inside and outside Russia make the possibility less likely.

bbsam

Staff member
Could you imagine being Victor and upon returning to Russia being invited to dinner with Putin? Would you trust him?

Box Ox

In a U.S. prison he kept up with his contacts? There was no filling of that power vacuum once he was out of the game? He’ll be welcomed back by the forces that be in Russia? They’ll trust him?

Pentagon concerned Bout could return to arms trafficking after Griner exchange - POLITICO

“I think there is a concern that [he] would return to doing the same kind of work that he’s done in the past,” said one senior Defense Department official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic."

"With Bout back in Russia, National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby stressed that “our national security interest is not going to change.”

“We’re going to make sure that we can defend this country against any and all threats,” Kirby said on CNN on Thursday. “And so, with Mr. Bout being back on the street, we’re going to stay focused on making sure we can defend this country.”

Sen. Bob Menendez, the Democratic chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said there’s no equivalence between Griner and Bout.

“We cannot ignore that releasing Bout back into the world is a deeply disturbing decision,” he said in a statement Thursday."

And I’m certainly no international crime expert.

Indeed. But let's try to maintain the Biden Administration narrative anyway.

bbsam

Staff member
Pentagon concerned Bout could return to arms trafficking after Griner exchange - POLITICO

“I think there is a concern that [he] would return to doing the same kind of work that he’s done in the past,” said one senior Defense Department official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic."

"With Bout back in Russia, National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby stressed that “our national security interest is not going to change.”

“We’re going to make sure that we can defend this country against any and all threats,” Kirby said on CNN on Thursday. “And so, with Mr. Bout being back on the street, we’re going to stay focused on making sure we can defend this country.”

Sen. Bob Menendez, the Democratic chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said there’s no equivalence between Griner and Bout.

“We cannot ignore that releasing Bout back into the world is a deeply disturbing decision,” he said in a statement Thursday."

Indeed. But let's try to maintain the Biden Administration narrative anyway.
Griner and Whelan. Either choice would give the Pentagon the same concerns, correct?

So from the Pentagon standpoint the choice is not to make the trade. Seems pretty clear to me that Biden decided to go ahead. Not the first president to go contrary to concerns by the Pentagon. Probably won’t e the last.

Box Ox

Then the same fears would be present if they had traded for Whelan?
Griner and Whelan. Either choice would give the Pentagon the same concerns, correct?

So from the Pentagon standpoint the choice is not to make the trade.

Sure. I wouldn't trade Bout for either if I were President.

That said, the prisoner who legit broke Russian law was traded for instead of Whelan only because she's a black lesbian.

Seems pretty clear to me that Biden decided to go ahead.

Clearly.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure. I wouldn't trade Bout for either if I were President.

That said, the prisoner who legit broke Russian law was traded for instead of Whelan only because she's a black lesbian.

Clearly.
Both were convicted of breaking Russian law, no?

newolddude

Ah, yes. Former Marine Trevor Reed was released earlier this year in exchange for what were very likely less dangerous Russian prisoners than Viktor Bout.

So trading Viktor Bout for a rightfully convicted black lesbian instead of also a former Marine Paul Whelan was a fine choice.
So if Brittany Griner was straight and white it would have been a legit exchange?

Box Ox

Whelan was "convicted". Griner was convicted.
Different standards for respect of Russian law.👍🏾

I don't understand what you're saying here.

I wouldn't have traded Bout for Griner or Whelan.
Ok. But that’s not what most on the right are saying, is it?

I think what most on the right are is saying is: If there's going to be a trade you should go with the former marine instead of the justly convicted drug offender who Viktor Bout was traded for only because she's a black lesbian.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yup, Trump was dumb. He could have garnered the gay vote if he had the right person to trade.
Cuz let's be real. That is exactly what this was about.
I dont agree with the trade AT ALL,not even a little,but having said that Trump did nothing to get Whelan released and he released the Taliban.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't understand what you're saying here.

I think what most on the right are is saying is: If there's going to be a trade you should go with the former marine instead of the justly convicted drug offender who Viktor Bout was traded for only because she's a black lesbian.
I’m dubious that either charge, conviction, or sentence was what would be considered legitimate in the US. That said, I find it curious that you hold one as “convicted” and the other simply convicted.

It’s obvious Putin views both equally as far as trade bait.

As for taking the Marine over the black lesbian? I’m glad Biden got an American back. Would have been equally as glad if it were the Marine but it wasn’t.