Big Brown

DS

Fenderbender
heres an amateur attempt at a new logo
upsracer.JPG

moreluck

golden ticket member
Imagine the shield is slightly curved. Show an overhead shot of the horse and the shield as his saddle. Neat package!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Big Brown Jockey Speaks to Big Brown Drivers
Tuesday June 3, 10:00 am ET Preakness Stakes and Kentucky Derby-winning Jockey for Big Brown, Kent Desormeaux, to rally support from UPS drivers at its Nassau, N.Y. facility on Wednesday

--(BUSINESS WIRE)--UPS: WHAT:
Jockey Kent Desormeaux will rally UPS drivers at the Nassau, N.Y., facility to support racing horse Big Brown before the drivers ride off onto their daily delivery routes. UPS is a sponsor of jockey Kent Desormeaux and the Big Brown ownership team. As Big Brown continues his quest for a Triple Crown title, UPS aims to build momentum around the sponsorship. Desormeaux will give the pep talk to nearly 800 UPS drivers in a move to circle the wagons, or in this case delivery trucks, in the week before Big Brown's big race.
WHEN & WHERE:
Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:30 a.m. (EDT) - 8:30 a.m. UPS 300 Oak Street Uniondale, N.Y., 11553 (Nassau County, Long Island)
INTERVIEW
OPPORTUNITIES:

Interview opportunities include - -- Kent Desormeaux, jockey of Big Brown, the 2008 champion of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes races. Desormeaux, a two-time Derby winner, has historically raced primarily in the New York area. -- Laura Kouns, Motorsports Marketing Manager, UPS Sponsorships
VISUALS:
Visuals include - -- Kent Desormeaux -- Approximately 800 UPS drivers in uniform -- An eight-foot tall cut-out figurine of Big Brown
OTHER:
Desormeaux will race Big Brown on Saturday, June 7, at the Belmont Stakes, which will be held in Saratoga, N.Y. If Big Brown wins at Belmont, he will become the first Triple Crown winner in 30 years. The last Triple Crown title was won by Affirmed in 1978.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did any of you get the Big Brown buttons to pass out to your customers? We got them in my center and we all laughed and then all agreed that this was a tremendous waste of money. Even the center manager agreed that the money could have better spent elsewhere. Maybe they could have finally listened to soberups about his 3 pt seat belts.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Well anybody, what time is this race and what channel will show it? I have heard a few customers make positive comments about this horse. I think it will be cool if Big Brown goes all the way.

moreluck

golden ticket member
West Coast Saturday 2:30 PM ABC. It shows one and a half hours long. The race is only a few minutes long....the rest is fill-in and info.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope Big Brown is not in CS pension fund.

He has a much better retirement plan. He will retire next year at the tender old age of four years old. The deal for his stud services is worth more than $60 million. It sounds like he has the ideal retirement plan to me, he will be plenty busy.:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Did any of you get the Big Brown buttons to pass out to your customers? We got them in my center and we all laughed and then all agreed that this was a tremendous waste of money. Even the center manager agreed that the money could have better spent elsewhere. Maybe they could have finally listened to soberups about his 3 pt seat belts.

They went like hot cakes here. Everyone figures they will be collectors items if Brown wins the belmont.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's a great idea....why doesn't everyone just take a couple minutes and clear out those old PM's. My private messages read "0" right now.

Mike Hawk

Maybe they were, a couple pins and some straps off a box and you have a 3 point belt:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
So will he now be called Big Brown Hooters?????.........

New York Daily News [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]–[/FONT] June 4, 2008
Hooters Jumps Aboard Big Brown With Sponsorship Deal
Until now, United Parcel Service was Big Brown's sole sponsor, and the worldwide delivery company is said to be less than thrilled about sharing the limelight with the raunchy company. "UPS wanted to be the exclusive sponsor and we offered them every possible way to do [that], and they basically turned it down," said Kelly Wietsma, spokeswoman for Big Brown's owner, IEAH Stables. The deal was ironed out yesterday, but Hooters would not reveal how much it paid for the rights. Hooters said the owners and the jockey approved the deal.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
So will he now be called Big Brown Hooters?????.........

New York Daily News [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]–[/FONT] June 4, 2008
Hooters Jumps Aboard Big Brown With Sponsorship Deal
Until now, United Parcel Service was Big Brown's sole sponsor, and the worldwide delivery company is said to be less than thrilled about sharing the limelight with the raunchy company. "UPS wanted to be the exclusive sponsor and we offered them every possible way to do [that], and they basically turned it down," said Kelly Wietsma, spokeswoman for Big Brown's owner, IEAH Stables. The deal was ironed out yesterday, but Hooters would not reveal how much it paid for the rights. Hooters said the owners and the jockey approved the deal.
Heard on the radio that the racing commission is not happy about this deal and will not allow the jockey to wear any hooters emblems.