Big Snow!!!!

spif91

You guys and gals in the East and NEast in package and feeders be careful on Monday. Sounds like the snow storm is going to be incredible. Any chance they'll have the roads somewhat cleaned off by Monday morning? I'm sure they do a much better job up there than here in Oklahoma. Be safe........

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Thanks for your concern SPIF !!! We up here in New England are used to the conditions,how ever the liberal "GREEN MACHINE"" politics up here keep alot of our highways unsalted.Might make some poor animal sick or worse may effect the enviorment in say 2125! The biggest problem we have here is in some of the old New England towns with very narrow streets that people park on both sides wich makes it hard to plow. At least after a big snow storm after we shovel our house is still here.Unlike some other poor folks around the U.S wich have to face much worse such as tornados & hurricanes..Thanks bro & have a safe & Merry Christmas !!!!!:happy2:

spif91

We have a little snow and enough ice during the winter to keep our SPHINCTER Muscles in good shape and I don't see how you can say you get used to it. LOL. I dont know if I ever could. Maybe if I lived in it for years and years. I remember when I was in pkg 1 storm before Christmas and we were toast for the rest of peak. Do you guys get caught up or do your customers just take it for granted your doing all you can to provide service to them?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have a little snow and enough ice during the winter to keep our SPHINCTER Muscles in good shape and I don't see how you can say you get used to it. LOL. I dont know if I ever could. Maybe if I lived in it for years and years. I remember when I was in pkg 1 storm before Christmas and we were toast for the rest of peak. Do you guys get caught up or do your customers just take it for granted your doing all you can to provide service to them?

We still haven't caught up from a storm a week and a half ago.

outta hours

Spif91, I check your forecast as much as I check my own . Seems I up there 3-4 times a week this time of year. Thank goodness it looks dry for you guys for the upcoming week. It's much worse down south as far as preparedness goes. Any amount of ice or snow shuts down just about everything here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The timing of a snow storm makes all the difference in the world. This storm should be gone by Sunday afternoon so the plows should have time to get the streets cleaned up and we should be ready to go on Monday.

This storm will miss us to the south. Our only concern here will be our Philly NDA.

Dustyroads

Here, they are forecasting rain, freezing rain and snow on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday before Christmas. Oh boy. Well, on the good side, Monday, peak day, is just supposed to be cold.

UPSGUY72

It's not always the day of the storm that is a problem. Sometimes the days that follow are just as bad if not worse. After the snow gets packed down to ice.

Dustyroads

2254.jpg
Drifting can happen on clear days.

Ghost in the Darkness

Yeah it doesn't look pretty. We have been fortunate at our center the weather has been good most of peak. Only a couple days with snow and sleet made things a little tricky but not real bad. Hopefully the storm tracks east of us... my desktop weather shows no major snow in the next few days so maybe it will (but forecasts have been wrong before).

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
got 8 inches plus on friday, mostly from 4pm onward. kudo's to our center team that ordered everyone back immediately at 5. most were back by 7ish. there are 5 fedex trucks stranded in various places this morning.

i was out giving rides to people out stuck till 2am. one woman was in sandals walking for over an hour when i stopped. no one else even offered. 75-85,000 with no juice

and they are calling for another 6-8 inches. caught the state and county off guard, first salt and scraper trucks hit the road after 7, way too late. too many cars stuck by that time for then to be able to do anything.

calling for more snow by tuesday as well.

d

spif91

Well once again everyone be safe. I have learned after 26 years that Christmas pkg is not more important than a life and not getting back home to the family. Merry Christmas to everyone in the BusterBrown family.......

tieguy

Banned
We have a snowman christmas decoration on the back deck that stands about three feet high. All I can see of him is his eyes now and we have about 3 to 4 more hours of heavy snow before it ends. Looks like it will break some records here.

DazedandConfused

We have a snowman christmas decoration on the back deck that stands about three feet high. All I can see of him is his eyes now and we have about 3 to 4 more hours of heavy snow before it ends. Looks like it will break some records here.
Mind if I ask where abouts you are? Looks like the storm is going to just miss us here in NYS. Good thing I guess....My avatar's breasts are cold already. BTW....anyone got some pasties for him?? LMAO