Big Tax Cut for companies to go back to workers. How much will FDX pay u$?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Weren’t you the wanker that posted some garbage story, based on information from a “trusted source,” about Fedex letting some call-center employees go after they returned from a fire drill, or some stupid :censored2: like that? I apologize if it wasn’t you. To be honest with you, I never read anybody’s posts very closely.
Wanker? Newfound respect: the man is bi-lingual.

My source was a 30+ year call center employee who was one of those who was displaced, and ended up a CSA at my station.
Publishing their name would be the only way to verify, and I won't do that to them. But you made a valid point.

bbsam

Staff member
I may be wrong but are you saying they could get a raise this year, then another one next year, and so on, and so on? No, they could give every employee one raise of $2.67hr, and the tax savings next year would continue to pay for it, and so on, and so on.
I'm saying that they make a lot more than $1.5 billion a year.

Meat

My body is a temple! ;)

I sense another opportunity to teach a fellow sentient creature. Temple? You mean dumpster, don’t you? That chain-restaurant swill that you continually stuff down your pie-hole will be the death of you - ESPECIALLY with your health conditions. No charge for the free, but nonetheless expert, advice.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Actually, the whole concept of being in business is to make a profit, not to break even. You keep people investing in your stock, which finances your business expansion, by rewarding them with dividends.

But you knew that already.

vantexan

Those are expenses before profits.
Was joking about some of it, but dividends come out of profits. Just now saw Fred's post and entirely correct. Acquisitions like TNT are out of profits too. Business expenses are what you must spend to operate, not what you decide to spend to expand.

vantexan

I sense another opportunity to teach a fellow sentient creature. Temple? You mean dumpster, don’t you? That chain-restaurant swill that you continually stuff down your pie-hole will be the death of you - ESPECIALLY with your health conditions. No charge for the free, but nonetheless expert, advice.
Sure glad you're around to keep me on the straight and narrow!

bacha29

And so it begins. CNBC has reported this AM that XPO Logistics (ConWay) is rumored to be an acquisition target. The interested parties are rumored to be Lowes, Home Depot and of course Amazon. Must be something to because the stock has doubled in the past year and combined with the fact that it now trades at a nosebleed 76X earnings there might be something to this.

SmithBarney

And so it begins. CNBC has reported this AM that XPO Logistics (ConWay) is rumored to be an acquisition target. The interested parties are rumored to be Lowes, Home Depot and of course Amazon. Must be something to because the stock has doubled in the past year and combined with the fact that it now trades at a nosebleed 76X earnings there might be something to this.

XPO is hot right now... partially unionized, but growing fast.... I could see Amazon using them.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Fred S on Fox Business News today said about increasing wages for employees:

“I am sure we are going to be doing a lot of things as a result of this tax bill, because it was a very, very good policy.”

That is what Fred S — founder, chairman and CEO of Memphis-based FedEx Corp. — told Stuart Varney, host of the Fox Business Network’s Varney & Co. during a Tuesday, Jan. 16, interview.

What exactly those things might be Smith did not say, but he did say the company’s board would need to approve any items before announcements were made.

When Varney asked if FedEx could do something similar to Walmart and give bonuses to one million workers, Smith responded, “My guess is we will be responsive to the tax bill.” He continued that it might not be in the form of employee bonuses but rather increased wages — something he said FedEx does every year.

Varney then asked if tax reform would translate to higher wages.

“It could well be,” Smith said. “For the very simple reason that the tax bill corrects something that has been a real problem for American business for years, and that is the punitive tax code that we used to have that dissuaded investment.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

“I am sure we are going to be doing a lot of things as a result of this tax bill, because it was a very, very good policy.”

That is what Fred S — founder, chairman and CEO of Memphis-based FedEx Corp. — told Stuart Varney, host of the Fox Business Network’s Varney & Co. during a Tuesday, Jan. 16, interview.

What exactly those things might be Smith did not say, but he did say the company’s board would need to approve any items before announcements were made.

When Varney asked if FedEx could do something similar to Walmart and give bonuses to one million workers, Smith responded, “My guess is we will be responsive to the tax bill.” He continued that it might not be in the form of employee bonuses but rather increased wages — something he said FedEx does every year.

“It could well be,” Smith said. “For the very simple reason that the tax bill corrects something that has been a real problem for American business for years, and that is the punitive tax code that we used to have that dissuaded investment.
Lol. He missed his calling as a politician. He managed to dodge every question about FedEx giving us anything.

If I had to place bets I would say that when enrollment time for insurance comes again, they’ll crow how because of the tax cuts, our weekly contribution will stay the same and maybe throw us a bone by adding $100 to the account they give us to help pay medical bills. SMH.

bacha29

I place the credibility of what Fred S has to say on about the same plane as super market tabloids. It's like they say...."If you believe it we'll print it".

Oldfart

Gave 7% or more raises last October and people still complain.

If they gave each employee $1000 bonus this year, the same people would still complain.