Big Tax Cut for companies to go back to workers. How much will FDX pay u$?

fedx

Extra Large Package
Express will never be contacted out. Too much control and oversight needed to run.
How or why did FedEx ever let Ground be contracted out? That needs a lot of oversight and control too. What I could see is the ramp side staying company employees since they are dealing with FAA rules and regulations, but contract out the couriers and even RTDs like they do ground. There isn't a whole lot of differences in job descriptions between couriers at Ground vs Express.

MAKAVELI

How or why did FedEx ever let Ground be contracted out? That needs a lot of oversight and control too. What I could see is the ramp side staying company employees since they are dealing with FAA rules and regulations, but contract out the couriers and even RTDs like they do ground. There isn't a whole lot of differences in job descriptions between couriers at Ground vs Express.
Federal Express bought RPS which is now Ground and already a contractor system. The entire Express opco deals with FAA regulations and the control needed for the Express side would create chaos and lawsuits up the ying yang if contracted out.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Here’s the growing BIG LIST of companies reacting to the tax cuts with bonuses, more pay and expansion leading directly to new jobs:

• U.S. Bank of America employees making up to $150,000 per year in total compensation – about 145,000 teammates – will receive a one-time bonus of $1,000 by year-end.
  • PNC Financial Services will give $1,000 bonus to about 47,500 workers.
  • New Braunfels-based Rush Enterprises of Texas is giving each of its 6,600 employees a $1,000 bonus – a total of $6.6 million. Chief Financial Officer Steven Keller said: “You’ve got a choice – we could’ve kept it and stuffed it in the company bank account or coffers, or we can share it with the people.”
  • Associated Bank in Wisconsin boosted its minimum hourly wage to $15 and paying workers a $500 bonus.
  • Idaho health-care and home-products company Melaleuca Inc. is providing its 2,000 employees $100 bonuses for every year they worked for the company. The company has 147 employees who have worked for the company for 20 years or more.
  • In Hawaii, Royal Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry plans to open up three more shops – in Honolulu, in Kauai and Maui in addition to its existing three shops.
  • Washington Federal in Seattle will increase wages for most of its workers by 5 percent and is adding 25 people to its information-technology staff.
  • Aquesta Financial Holdings in Cornelius, N.C., will raise hourly pay to $15 and will be giving $1,000 bonuses to all of it workers.
  • Canary LLC announced it will hire new employees and purchase more equipment.
  • First Hawaiian Bank said it will give out $1,500 cash bonuses to 2,264 employees, or all but 11 members of its senior management team. The state’s largest bank also will increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour from $12.75 an hour for 613 employees.
  • Bank of Hawaii, the state’s second-largest bank, said it will give out $1,000 cash bonuses to 2,074 employees, or 95 percent of its workforce. The bonuses affect all employees below the senior vice president level. The bank also will increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour from $12 an hour.
  • American Savings Bank, the third-largest bank in Hawaii, said it will award $1,000 bonuses to nearly all of its employees. In addition, the bank said it was increasing its starting wage to $15.25 an hour from $12.21 an hour.
  • AT&T expanding its bonus program to an additional 200,000 staffers getting $1,000 apiece.
  • Boeing gift of $300 million in investment in its employee-related charitable program “to support our heroes, our homes and our future.”
  • Wells Fargo raises minimum wage to $15.
  • Fifth Third raises minimum wage to $15 and offering bonuses of $1,000 to 13,000 employees.
  • Comcast NBC Universal anted up $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 non-executive employees.

AND NOW.............................FEDEX EXPRESS has announced what their "valued employees" will get with the new tax cut benefit:

APNews

FedEx, the $60 billion dollar annual revenue global shipping behemoth has announced that hourly employees will receive no bonus, nor any pay raise as a result of the billions of dollars FDX will be saving from the tax cut bill passed into law this week. CEO Fred S announced, "I would like to personally thank our dedicated associates for their tireless efforts to make FedEx successful. In order to remain successful, associates will not receive any bonus or additional raises. The company comes before their own well being. Thank you in advance for your understanding." In addition Mr. Smith stated the tax cut will be helping associates in the following manner, "We have some great news for associates. Instead of receiving a raise, we have even more exciting news. FedEx will be buying some new aircraft in place of giving bonuses or raises. This will benefit associates even more than money in their pocket. You're welcome." Mr. Smith did indicate that due to the new tax cut in place, FedEx's recently created "Ten Step Pay Progression" will now be faster to reach top out pay. Mr. Smith added, "We originally geared the '10 step plan' to still take 20 years to reach top out. You know, smoke and mirrors, but now due to the recent tax cut passed by congress, it will now only take 19 years to reach top out pay instead of 20. This is very exciting news for our associates!" Mr. Smith added that a new $120 coffee machine will be purchased for the Memphis hub cafeteria as a direct result of the tax cut bill.

Oldfart

Here’s the growing BIG LIST of companies reacting to the tax cuts with bonuses, more pay and expansion leading directly to new jobs:

• U.S. Bank of America employees making up to $150,000 per year in total compensation – about 145,000 teammates – will receive a one-time bonus of $1,000 by year-end.
  • PNC Financial Services will give $1,000 bonus to about 47,500 workers.
  • New Braunfels-based Rush Enterprises of Texas is giving each of its 6,600 employees a $1,000 bonus – a total of $6.6 million. Chief Financial Officer Steven Keller said: “You’ve got a choice – we could’ve kept it and stuffed it in the company bank account or coffers, or we can share it with the people.”
  • Associated Bank in Wisconsin boosted its minimum hourly wage to $15 and paying workers a $500 bonus.
  • Idaho health-care and home-products company Melaleuca Inc. is providing its 2,000 employees $100 bonuses for every year they worked for the company. The company has 147 employees who have worked for the company for 20 years or more.
  • In Hawaii, Royal Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry plans to open up three more shops – in Honolulu, in Kauai and Maui in addition to its existing three shops.
  • Washington Federal in Seattle will increase wages for most of its workers by 5 percent and is adding 25 people to its information-technology staff.
  • Aquesta Financial Holdings in Cornelius, N.C., will raise hourly pay to $15 and will be giving $1,000 bonuses to all of it workers.
  • Canary LLC announced it will hire new employees and purchase more equipment.
  • First Hawaiian Bank said it will give out $1,500 cash bonuses to 2,264 employees, or all but 11 members of its senior management team. The state’s largest bank also will increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour from $12.75 an hour for 613 employees.
  • Bank of Hawaii, the state’s second-largest bank, said it will give out $1,000 cash bonuses to 2,074 employees, or 95 percent of its workforce. The bonuses affect all employees below the senior vice president level. The bank also will increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour from $12 an hour.
  • American Savings Bank, the third-largest bank in Hawaii, said it will award $1,000 bonuses to nearly all of its employees. In addition, the bank said it was increasing its starting wage to $15.25 an hour from $12.21 an hour.
  • AT&T expanding its bonus program to an additional 200,000 staffers getting $1,000 apiece.
  • Boeing gift of $300 million in investment in its employee-related charitable program “to support our heroes, our homes and our future.”
  • Wells Fargo raises minimum wage to $15.
  • Fifth Third raises minimum wage to $15 and offering bonuses of $1,000 to 13,000 employees.
  • Comcast NBC Universal anted up $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 non-executive employees.

AND NOW.............................FEDEX EXPRESS has announced what their "valued employees" will get with the new tax cut benefit:

APNews

FedEx, the $60 billion dollar annual revenue global shipping behemoth has announced that hourly employees will receive no bonus, nor any pay raise as a result of the billions of dollars FDX will be saving from the tax cut bill passed into law this week. CEO Fred S announced, "I would like to personally thank our dedicated associates for their tireless efforts to make FedEx successful. In order to remain successful, associates will not receive any bonus or additional raises. The company comes before their own well being. Thank you in advance for your understanding." In addition Mr. Smith stated the tax cut will be helping associates in the following manner, "We have some great news for associates. Instead of receiving a raise, we have even more exciting news. FedEx will be buying some new aircraft in place of giving bonuses or raises. This will benefit associates even more than money in their pocket. You're welcome." Mr. Smith did indicate that due to the new tax cut in place, FedEx's recently created "Ten Step Pay Progression" will now be faster to reach top out pay. Mr. Smith added, "We originally geared the '10 step plan' to still take 20 years to reach top out. You know, smoke and mirrors, but now due to the recent tax cut passed by congress, it will now only take 19 years to reach top out pay instead of 20. This is very exciting news for our associates!" Mr. Smith added that a new $120 coffee machine will be purchased for the Memphis hub cafeteria as a direct result of the tax cut bill.

A T & T . Giving bonuses and laying off 4600 workers. Maybe Fred will give us some bonuses and lay off people as well. That is a great plan.

Oldfart

What they are doing is a pittance and a show. Nothing more.
All I am doing is stating facts. Most on here HATE facts. They deal more in "what ifs" and "maybe". It gives their miserable attitudes more ammo to spew more hatred toward everything.

shadey

A T & T . Giving bonuses and laying off 4600 workers. Maybe Fred will give us some bonuses and lay off people as well. That is a great plan.
With every sentence you type, I am thoroughly amazed by how accurately you are able to hit the keys with FedEx's glans tickling your tonsils and gonads resting squarely on your chin. Bravo, decrepit cheese cutter, bravo.

Oldfart

They are laying off Direct TV installers as they already have their own.
They bought Directv about 4 or 5 years ago. It isn't like that transaction just took place. Most of the installers are gonna be contract labor anyways. I had 2 large companies on my rt that were contractors for Direct.

Either way, cry babies on here want bonuses and want to show how others got bonuses. I just showed that plan didn't work for 1 company. Many of us just got a 7% raise in October and people on here still bitch. They could be given a 10% and those same would still bitch.

Oldfart

With every sentence you type, I am thoroughly amazed by how accurately you are able to hit the keys with FedEx's glans tickling your tonsils and gonads resting squarely on your chin. Bravo, decrepit cheese cutter, bravo.
Facts brother. I just stated facts. Too bad you would rather complain and bitch instead of reading facts. Bummer

shadey

Facts brother. I just stated facts. Too bad you would rather complain and bitch instead of reading facts. Bummer
If you could comprehend the statement, you would see I'm doing neither. Since you believe so wholeheartedly in the things you are told, I'll debunk another myth for you. There is no Santa Claus.

Oldfart

If you could comprehend the statement, you would see I'm doing neither. Since you believe so wholeheartedly in the things you are told, I'll debunk another myth for you. There is no Santa Claus.
You make derogatory remarks about me because I stated facts. I guess facts scare you as well. Too bad you have 1 finger in your nose and 1 up your asz and can't figure out which one taste worst.

Facts or bitching. You disregard facts and find it easier to bitch. You are much like bacha, tex and operational. Bummer

bacha29

Anytime someone makes an unflattering comment about his beloved company he immediately launches into a personal attack. Now he says he wants facts. Here's a couple for him.Trust Capital rates companies on the basis of it's business practices and ethical behavior including the manner by which it treats their employees and makes it's findings public. Well it placed UPS in the number 66 position and Fedex........121. Now as soon as OF reads this he'll immediately launch into a personal attack because he has no facts to contradict Trust Capital's results.
Given the fact that I too am a boomer and coming to terms with the reality that the country is changing just as it our parents generation discovered in the 1960's when the boomers came of age is something we have an obligation to do. Our time has come and gone and one of those changes is the relationship between today's global corporations and their devotion to their employees even the most loyal ones. They have none. This trend will continue and will continue to grow in the days ahead . Fedex is no different and there's nothing OF can do about it.

Oldfart

Anytime someone makes an unflattering comment about his beloved company he immediately launches into a personal attack. Now he says he wants facts. Here's a couple for him.Trust Capital rates companies on the basis of it's business practices and ethical behavior including the manner by which it treats their employees and makes it's findings public. Well it placed UPS in the number 66 position and Fedex........121. Now as soon as OF reads this he'll immediately launch into a personal attack because he has no facts to contradict Trust Capital's results.
Given the fact that I too am a boomer and coming to terms with the reality that the country is changing just as it our parents generation discovered in the 1960's when the boomers came of age is something we have an obligation to do. Our time has come and gone and one of those changes is the relationship between today's global corporations and their devotion to their employees even the most loyal ones. They have none. This trend will continue and will continue to grow in the days ahead . Fedex is no different and there's nothing OF can do about it.
Once again *, I just reported facts about AT&T. Nothing more, nothing less. Not worried about Trust Capital. You claim I have no facts. I guess those 4600 people really are not getting let go at AT&T. All the articles claiming that must be incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadey

You make derogatory remarks about me because I stated facts. I guess facts scare you as well. Too bad you have 1 finger in your nose and 1 up your asz and can't figure out which one taste worst.

Facts or bitching. You disregard facts and find it easier to bitch. You are much like bacha, tex and operational. Bummer
The only observation one can make from my statement is that my mouth is devoid of FedEx genitalia and yours is overflowing with it. You're not nearly as smart as you think.

Oldfart

The only observation one can make from my statement is that my mouth is devoid of FedEx genitalia and yours is overflowing with it. You're not nearly as smart as you think.
Is that all you got? That is 8th grade material.
Never claimed to be smart. But like I said over and over. Other couriers on here call me dumb yet we all do the same job and I make more $ than some and have better pensions than most. Sure doesn't say much for how your brains did for your career.

bbsam

Staff member

All I am doing is stating facts. Most on here HATE facts. They deal more in "what ifs" and "maybe". It gives their miserable attitudes more ammo to spew more hatred toward everything.

Would you like to amend your second statement to include yourself in the group dealing in "what ifs and maybe" considering your first statement includes "Maybe Fred will give us some bonuses and lay off people as well."?

Oldfart

Would you like to amend your second statement to include yourself in the group dealing in "what ifs and maybe" considering your first statement includes "Maybe Fred will give us some bonuses and lay off people as well."?
That was sarcasm. Look it up in the dictionary. Maybe even Google it if you can spell Google.

bacha29

Once again dick head, I just reported facts about AT&T. Nothing more, nothing less. Not worried about Trust Capital. You claim I have no facts. I guess those 4600 people really are not getting let go at AT&T. All the articles claiming that must be incorrect.
A your comments are a clear and indisputable admission on your part that your facts are the only ones that matter to you as evidenced by your immediate dismissal of the facts submitted by others . Especially those that paint a not so glowing picture of your beloved company.