Big Tax Cut for companies to go back to workers. How much will FDX pay u$?

fedx

Extra Large Package
Actually I think they start around $19 for a full time pkg car driver. But they top out in 4 years and top rate now is $36+.
FedEx needs to have something "competitive" to this. They are competitors to UPS after all. It's not like Express is hurting for money. This new tax cut should go towards a "new and improved" pay progression plan. But we all know it won't. They will hoard it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Who are you? Back your ass up. I might be in need of a good ass whippin, let him bring it, you too if you feel inclined.
I see you are new to using the internet. You will get better with time. Find out about someone on a forum they have been on for a decade or more before mouthing off , making idiotic comments to them.

floridays

I see you are new to using the internet. You will get better with time. Find out about someone on a forum they have been on for a decade or more before mouthing off , making idiotic comments to them.
I was responding, thanks for the help, I'll come to you first when I feel the need for guidance. A cat can cover his mess, but a decade on a board doesn't convey superiority of thought. I get it, he's a member of the clan, the ole boy's network, well that's bsbullf.gif to me. I appreciate the counsel though.

Spam

How long to become full time hire? I have a friend that took 9 years to become FT hire,does it still take that long?

dvalleyjim

That's why I call it crony capitalism. Your right corporatism is the right description. They all also globalist that know longer really consider themselves American companies or have any loyalty to America.

dvalleyjim

I think the president wants wages and growth. Not sure about congress. FedEx is not the enemy of the country but they will be forced to offer higher wages if they have to compete for employees. This will mean that the ISP will have to offer higher wages to keep drivers. Drivers will make or break an ISP. Ex will be slow to respond since they really believe it's you problem. There will be driver shortages with much turmoil before it get's straightened out.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think the president wants wages and growth. Not sure about congress. FedEx is not the enemy of the country but they will be forced to offer higher wages if they have to compete for employees. This will mean that the ISP will have to offer higher wages to keep drivers. Drivers will make or break an ISP. Ex will be slow to respond since they really believe it's you problem. There will be driver shortages with much turmoil before it get's straightened out.
Pretty much.

FedEx has always been reactive instead of proactive and many times the results have a disaster. But hey, Fred saved a nickel.

dvalleyjim

I see the real fight coming. Fred won't be around much longer. If they try to merge express and ground under the ISP model and form one company of contracted service providers a giant known as UPS will definitely cause trouble. If they can penetrate the mis-classification of drivers in the ISP, than this thing will be over. I can't see what Ex could do next but make driver's employees. Now you could say that Ex has the money to fight it. But UPS is HUGE. and lawyered up. They aren't gonna stand by and pay teamsters while Ex runs a slave fleet doing the same job!

MAKAVELI

I see the real fight coming. Fred won't be around much longer. If they try to merge express and ground under the ISP model and form one company of contracted service providers a giant known as UPS will definitely cause trouble. If they can penetrate the mis-classification of drivers in the ISP, than this thing will be over. I can't see what Ex could do next but make driver's employees. Now you could say that Ex has the money to fight it. But UPS is HUGE. and lawyered up. They aren't gonna stand by and pay teamsters while Ex runs a slave fleet doing the same job!
Express will never be contacted out. Too much control and oversight needed to run.