Bikers or SUV --What say you ???

trickpony1

Yes, people are stupid. You just proved that. Bicyclists can LEGALLY ride two abreast.

Are you sure?
It's my understanding that a bicycle is a vehicle just like a car.
Two bikes riding abreast constitutes illegal lane usage and, yes, I know.......you see motorcycle cops riding two abreast all the time but..........they are special.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Are you sure?
It's my understanding that a bicycle is a vehicle just like a car.
Two bikes riding abreast constitutes illegal lane usage and, yes, I know.......you see motorcycle cops riding two abreast all the time but..........they are special.
How special are they ???

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I stand corrected somewhat, this is NJ law, where I live:
To travel no more than two abreast when traffic is not impeded, but otherwise ride in single file. Every person riding a bicycle shall ride in the same direction as vehicular traffic.

If you are taking up an entire lane on a busy roadway with 2 bicycle you are impeding traffic, most bicyclists don't seem to care.

The law further states:

In New Jersey, the law states a bicyclist must obey all state and local automobile driving laws. A parent may be held responsible for the child’s violation of any traffic law.

Most people don't know bicycle laws, including bicyclists. You did state it was a 4 lane, non divided road, so there is little likelihood they were impeding traffic.

Respect other people. :peaceful:

oldngray

nowhere special
When I first heard the news about this it sounded like it was all the SUV driver thinking he owned the road and running over bikers. After learning more about what happened I would say its at least 90% the bikers fault.

P

pickup

I would have preferred the driver was yanked out of his range rover and knocked into next thursday, but I wasnt there to facilitate that.

peace

TOS

And if you were so inclined to do such a thing as facilitating that , you wouldn't be a UPS driver as you would have a list of felonies longer than your arm. Disturbing that you fantasize about such things though. Oh your poor wife!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And if you were so inclined to do such a thing as facilitating that , you wouldn't be a UPS driver as you would have a list of felonies longer than your arm. Disturbing that you fantasize about such things though. Oh your poor wife!

Ive done worse. I ride with harley riders. If anyone pulled up on our rear ends as this guy did these rice rocket riders, after he got out of his coma, he wouldnt remember what planet he was on.

If you rode a motorcycle, you might understand.

This SUV driver was just lucky he was tailgating a bunch of rice rockets and not harley riders. If they were Harley riders, believe me, this SUV driver wouldnt have come close and would have backed off.

I have buddies who will smash your windshield just for getting closer than "we" think is safe. If you they talk back, theyll regret soon enough.

Peace

TOS

P

pickup

Ive done worse. I ride with harley riders. If anyone pulled up on our rear ends as this guy did these rice rocket riders, after he got out of his coma, he wouldnt remember what planet he was on.

This SUV driver was just lucky he was tailgating a bunch of rice rockets and not harley riders. If they were Harley riders, believe me, this SUV driver wouldnt have come close and would have backed off.

I have buddies who will smash your windshield just for getting closer than "we" think is safe. If you they talk back, theyll regret soon enough.

Peace

TOS

Great company you keep. Oh , your poor wife.

Peace

TOS

Must be reassuring to ride with such tough strong guys. I bet as you take turns riding on the back of all their bikes you must feel very safe.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace

TOS
Oh wow !! A Fugawi !!

P

pickup

And what would have happened when he got close? Would he have seen the Harley Davidson Logo and get mesmerized like you do when you see the logo and get out of the vehicle and genuflect and worship it like you do?

Oh , your poor wife!