Bikers or SUV --What say you ???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I cant blame the driver of the SUV for making the initial decision to flee the scene. He was surrounded by bikers who were acting hostile, and he had a family to protect. Their decision to pursue him...and attempts to force their way into his vehicle....only made the situation worse.

Did you miss the part of the video where the driver of the SUV ran over and severely injured a biker as he was trying to flee the scene?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Did you miss the part of the video where the driver of the SUV ran over and severely injured a biker as he was trying to flee the scene?

First of all, we cannot see what occured in the moments directly following the collision. One's legal obligation to stop at the scene of an accident does not necessarily apply when one finds themselves surrounded by an angry, threatening mob.

Second of all, whatever blame (if any) might belong to the SUV driver for the initial collision or his subsequent decision to flee does not change the fact that the bikers had no right to escalate the situation and endanger lives by choosing to pursue the SUV. Thats a job for the police, not civilians.

The SUV driver may or may not have been at fault for the collision, and he may or may not have been justified in his decision to flee the scene, but the bikers were totally at fault for chasing him, boxing him in, and forcing their way into the vehicle. The biker who used his helmet to break the window was committing the crime of assault with a deadly weapon against a person who posed no threat to him at that moment.

island1fox

Sober.

Are you a fan of Sons of Anarchy ?? Hollywood and TV tend to mirror reality --even though it can be exaggerated and glorified.

Between Motorcycle clubs and Foreign Cartels --It gives you a very good snapshot on who now controls the Illegal drug and gun Market.

The old Italian mafia is the past ---there are new powerful players in control of the game !!:wink2:

Sons of Anarchy also touch reality with CIA involvement --Fast and furious ???

Did you see the part where the bikers eventually caught the guy and nearly beat him to death and made moves at his wife and child? The same beating they were looking to hand out when the SUV driver ran for his life. The only thing the SUV driver did wrong was give up to easily. 5000 lbs of SUV is formidable if its used right and he shouldn't have stopped as long as it was running.

rod

Retired 22 years
Cop mentality-----"I'm a tough guy that is licensed to carry a gun". They all have it---some worse than others. (and no--- I'm not an outlaw with a grudge against cops)---I haven't had a ticket or been charged with a crime since I was 18 and that was just a speeding ticket.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Cop mentality-----"I'm a tough guy that is licensed to carry a gun". They all have it---some worse than others. (and no--- I'm not an outlaw with a grudge against cops)---I haven't had a ticket or been charged with a crime since I was 18 and that was just a speeding ticket.

You're not trying hard enough.

rod

Retired 22 years
You're not trying hard enough.

I have to admit I'm pretty lucky at getting away with stuff (as he knocks on wood). Around here there is a website that you can log on to and it will show you who is in jail (nice jailhouse photo and everything) and what you are charged with. I have told my friends for years that if I ever happen to be arrested that I will have a big smile for my jailhouse photo because I will be thinking of all the crazy things I have gotten away with. Life is too short to behave all the time.