Bill Barr

vantexan

You don’t know how FISA courts act. That’s the point and it’s how they want it.
It's a known fact that they rarely refuse the government a warrant. And it's a known fact that it's illegal to use unverified, uncorroborated documents as a basis for a warrant. You don't want to believe the narrative you've clung to for 2+ years is untrue. You want to believe you're right and we're wrong, which you and others have repeatedly told us. In your world you are superior to us so can't accept that we are right, and you were led astray by people you trust because they're in your party. Just remember this...Hillary was supposed to win, and none of this was ever supposed to be exposed. A lot of nervous people in Washington right now, and they aren't Republicans. But whether it was Democrats or Republicans, we don't want people working behind the scenes to undo election results. Republicans certainly didn't like Obama, but an attempt behind the scenes to conspire to get him impeached with made up allegations would have been wrong, and a threat to the Republic. Same with Trump.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's a known fact that they rarely refuse the government a warrant. And it's a known fact that it's illegal to use unverified, uncorroborated documents as a basis for a warrant. You don't want to believe the narrative you've clung to for 2+ years is untrue. You want to believe you're right and we're wrong, which you and others have repeatedly told us. In your world you are superior to us so can't accept that we are right, and you were led astray by people you trust because they're in your party. Just remember this...Hillary was supposed to win, and none of this was ever supposed to be exposed. A lot of nervous people in Washington right now, and they aren't Republicans. But whether it was Democrats or Republicans, we don't want people working behind the scenes to undo election results. Republicans certainly didn't like Obama, but an attempt behind the scenes to conspire to get him impeached with made up allegations would have been wrong, and a threat to the Republic. Same with Trump.

If Hillary had won (as expected) all of these shenanigans would have been quietly buried and the public would have never known. When Trump pulled an upset you could see the mad scrambling by many trying to cover their own asses.

bbsam

Staff member
I would bet you every dollar I have ever made that FISA judges don’t give a damn what the warrant says. They’re going to let it happen.

floridays

To be honest, I wanted to respond to your initial point but held my tongue.
I was going to respond, initially, that you have no way of knowing how many requests FISA grants or denies.

To add, FISA is not an actual Court. It is a panel of selected/appointed judges. Quite frankly I'm not sure if the roster is published, I haven't looked or inquired. Your claim of what they issue or decline cannot be warranted.

oldngray

nowhere special
FISA did deny some of the requests. Until they submitted again with the Steele document.

Which showed there was no other supposed evidence.

floridays

I would bet you every dollar I have ever made that FISA judges don’t give a damn what the warrant says. They’re going to let it happen.
I would be every dollar I have made as well that you don't even know what you are talking about.
Unfortunately for me you have to moderate this post and can choose whether it sees the light of day here.
FISA issues the warrants, they do not "read" them.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FISA did deny some of the requests. Until they submitted again with the Steele document.

Which showed there was no other supposed evidence.

All of you are still living in the past. Whatever Hillary did or didn't do is irrelevant because she is NOT president, and neither seeking nor holding public office.

But, she's all you've got when trying to defend the Orange Fool. Keep deflecting to the Clintons because it won't last forever. Eventually, your boy will have to face the facts.

bbsam

Staff member
I would be every dollar I have made as well that you don't even know what you are talking about.
Unfortunately for me you have to moderate this post and can choose whether it sees the light of day here.
FISA issues the warrants, they do not "read" them.
The FISA judge doesn’t read them? See? We agree with each other!

bbsam

Staff member
I was going to respond, initially, that you have no way of knowing how many requests FISA grants or denies.

To add, FISA is not an actual Court. It is a panel of selected/appointed judges. Quite frankly I'm not sure if the roster is published, I haven't looked or inquired. Your claim of what they issue or decline cannot be warranted.
We are to believe that if you looked or inquired you would be given the information?

floridays

The FISA judge doesn’t read them? See? We agree with each other!
You said they don't read the warrants, maybe you meant to say the information? Meaning they rubber stamp?
Re-read your initial post, then continue delivering boxes, which I'm sure you do well. No need to delete the box delivering part from this post.

Last edited:

floridays

We are to believe that if you looked or inquired you would be given the information?
Judge Judicial District /Circuit Date Designated Term expires
Rosemary M. Collyer (Presiding) District of Columbia / D.C. March 8, 2013 March 7, 2020
James E. Boasberg District of Columbia / D.C. May 19, 2014 May 18, 2021
Rudolph Contreras District of Columbia / D.C. May 19, 2016 May 18, 2023
Anne C. Conway Middle District of Florida / 11th May 19, 2016 May 18, 2023
Raymond J. Dearie Eastern District of New York / 2nd July 2, 2012 July 1, 2019
Claire V. Eagan Northern District of Oklahoma / 10th February 13, 2013 May 18, 2019
James P. Jones Western District of Virginia /4th May 19, 2015 May 18, 2022
Robert B. Kugler District of New Jersey / 3rd May 19, 2017 May 18, 2024
Michael W. Mosman District of Oregon / 9th May 04, 2013 May 03, 2020
Thomas B. Russell Western District of Kentucky / 6th May 19, 2015 May 18, 2022
John J. Tharp, Jr. Northern District of Illinois / 7th May 19, 2018 May 18, 2025

There you go.

Rudolph Contreras was the initial judge pleaded.

vantexan

If the FISA judge knew beforehand that the dossier was unverified he would not have granted the warrant. They are still bound by the law and that would have come back on him.

vantexan

It's referred to as the FISA court. You'll have to argue your point them. And no, I don't know just how many requests they grant or deny. Was reported numerous times on various FOX shows that they rarely deny a request from the government. But in doing that apparently there's an assumption that the government entity requesting the warrant is following the law. If the FBI characterized the Steele dossier as authentic and verified when it wasn't then they broke the law.

It will be fine

If the FISA judge knew beforehand that the dossier was unverified he would not have granted the warrant. They are still bound by the law and that would have come back on him.
Nothing comes back on the FISA judges. Does anyone even know who they are? That’s the beauty of super secret government courts, no accountability. Thanks W.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
It's referred to as the FISA court. You'll have to argue your point them. And no, I don't know just how many requests they grant or deny. Was reported numerous times on various FOX shows that they rarely deny a request from the government. But in doing that apparently there's an assumption that the government entity requesting the warrant is following the law. If the FBI characterized the Steele dossier as authentic and verified when it wasn't then they broke the law.

From wikipedia
So take it for what worth.

"Also rare is for FISA warrant requests to be turned down. During the 25 years from 1979 to 2004, 18,742 warrants were granted, while only four were rejected. Fewer than 200 requests had to be modified before being accepted, almost all of them in 2003 and 2004. The four rejected requests were all from 2003, and all four were partially granted after being submitted for reconsideration by the government. Of the requests that had to be modified, few were before the year 2000. During the next eight years, from 2004 to 2012, there were over 15,100 additional warrants granted, and another seven being rejected. Over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court granted 33,942 warrants, with only 12 denials – a rejection rate of 0.03 percent of the total requests.[4] This does not include the number of warrants that were modified by the FISA court.[5]"
United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court - Wikipedia