Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
If anyone thought that you put down collateral to borrow money at x and generate x+y and then take the y and collateralize it to borrow y+z to add to the x and rinse and repeat as Infinitum deserves to be rug pulled.
Who won here feels bad for Mark Cuban?
no one iota.

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
The whole pipeline thing was fake. Hackers are not retarded enough to use bitcoin. They would have used monero. It’s all fud bs. On top of that, the whole thing glows.

The fbi sent the money to an fbi controlled wallet, I would wager money that there were massive short positions on crude taken in the weeks prior. That whole thing was planned to push the next “cyber attack/cyber security” narrative that they have been conditioning us for. The WEF went into depth about this. COVID is done, time to scare the masses with something else to continue to take away more freedoms and have us in a constant state of fear and anxiety.

for the 100th time, no matter what mr Steinburg says in a news article or msnbc, it’s fundamentally impossible to ban or crack down on crypto currency.
"Hackers wouldn't use Bitcoin" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Sure, it's not optimal for privacy such as a zk-SNARK coin (like zCash), or another privacy-focused coin like Monero, but Bitcoin is really considered the "stablecoin" of speculative cryptos at this point so it's generally the most widely used in terms of frequency for different applications. Plus, most people aren't thinking about using a zk-SNARK coin because they are somehow under the impression that Bitcoin is anonymous as a technology while it is NOT by design, there is blockchain analysis, transaction graph and social graph analysis, multiple side-channel attacks and many other ways to deanonymize a BTC user. Either that or they're holed-up in a non-extraditable county and it's easier for them to turn a large amount of BTC into such-and-such fiat currency.

I don't disagree that it's possible the ransomware attack was a false flag, but I seriously doubt it as there's tons of companies and organizations who still willingly pay ransom with no resistance. For covid.. definitely a false flag or at the very least a major worldwide cover-up.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
"Hackers wouldn't use Bitcoin" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Sure, it's not optimal for privacy such as a zk-SNARK coin (like zCash), or another privacy-focused coin like Monero, but Bitcoin is really considered the "stablecoin" of speculative cryptos at this point so it's generally the most widely used in terms of frequency for different applications. Plus, most people aren't thinking about using a zk-SNARK coin because they are somehow under the impression that Bitcoin is anonymous as a technology while it is NOT by design, there is blockchain analysis, transaction graph and social graph analysis, multiple side-channel attacks and many other ways to deanonymize a BTC user. Either that or they're holed-up in a non-extraditable county and it's easier for them to turn a large amount of BTC into such-and-such fiat currency.

I don't disagree that it's possible the ransomware attack was a false flag, but I seriously doubt it as there's tons of companies and organizations who still willingly pay ransom with no resistance. For covid.. definitely a false flag or at the very least a major worldwide cover-up.
Pretty dumb to put it on an exchange that is located within the jurisdiction of the country which you just tried to screw with

nkm

Pretty dumb to put it on an exchange that is located within the jurisdiction of the country which you just tried to screw with
Clearly, but many exchanges operate out of US-based countries or at least in countries that are a part of EURPOL or INTERPOL. The mistake that was made in this instance is that the crypto wasn't tumbled properly, but it's not like tumbling is used much anyway and almost all tumbling services are a scam.

quad decade guy

The whole pipeline thing was fake. Hackers are not retarded enough to use bitcoin. They would have used monero. It’s all fud bs. On top of that, the whole thing glows.

The fbi sent the money to an fbi controlled wallet, I would wager money that there were massive short positions on crude taken in the weeks prior. That whole thing was planned to push the next “cyber attack/cyber security” narrative that they have been conditioning us for. The WEF went into depth about this. COVID is done, time to scare the masses with something else to continue to take away more freedoms and have us in a constant state of fear and anxiety.

for the 100th time, no matter what mr Steinburg says in a news article or msnbc, it’s fundamentally impossible to ban or crack down on crypto currency.
K.......your credentials please. Exactly now.....

Faceplanted

Hackers and the dark web has been using monero for years. Anybody who is smart enough to install malware into a pipeline company is smart enough to have known this.

than to think they attempted to cash out on coinbase just shows how fake the story is
exactly
K.......your credentials please. Exactly now.....
my credential is common sense. WEF and the media have been pushing the cyber warfare narrative for the the past couple of years very hard, just as they pushed the pandemic narrative a couple of years before covid. Is conditioning. Mark my words, this will be the new fear point. Once we have a couple more cyber attacks, the vast majority of people who hate censorship of Twitter/Facebook will jump right along with new internet controls.

you use events to take away freedoms
>911 and the patriot act
>covid and the beginning of internet censorship, the beginning of government control of private businesses, removal of freedom to assemble at church, and taking away freedom of movement.

every important military system is airgaped from the internet, to think that pipelines and other utilities aren’t shows one of 2 things
1. Absolute idiots running these systems
2. Purposeful ease to “hack”

don’t forget the USA/Israel installed malware into Iran’s nuclear centrifuges. So we use a method to hack, but think it can’t be used against us many years laterAbsolute bs

the fact that weeks after the pipeline hack, it turns out they didn’t even hack the pipeline, but just the billing system, the fact that the media pushed this :censored2: to instill fear, gas shortages and a huge fast rise in crude prided , and the fact that it turns out the fbi recovered funds from the blockchain is all anybody with an understanding of how these things work needs.

Faceplanted

Clearly, but many exchanges operate out of US-based countries or at least in countries that are a part of EURPOL or INTERPOL. The mistake that was made in this instance is that the crypto wasn't tumbled properly, but it's not like tumbling is used much anyway and almost all tumbling services are a scam.
No need to tumble. Nobody doing anything illegal tumbles unless it’s prior to swapping to monero. Anybody who knows anything understands there are DEX exchanges. Even if they were stupid enough to ask for bitcoin, they could have sent to a dex, swapped for monero and the money would be untraceable

why did the coinbase story come out? Because the government wants to regulate exchanges. No USA exchanges have monero.

mark Cuban gets rugged and asks for regulations within a few week span

they don’t want anybody making money in crypto, and if they do, they don’t want anybody using cold wallets. The powers that be want everything to be tracked and taxed. There has been articles of them talking about banning cold wallets. Talks about any movement or 10k usd needs to be reported. That’s similar to me having to call the irs to notify them of me putting on my Rolex submariner to go out to eat.

“Hey irs, its me, letting you know I’m moving my Rolex from my dresser to Ruth’s Kris to go eat dinner”

“hey irs… IRS, its me again, letting you know I got home and put my Rolex back into my dresser”.

This is literally what the FUD articles that came out said.

it’s extremely obvious how fearful they are of crypto.

No need to tumble. Nobody doing anything illegal tumbles unless it’s prior to swapping to monero. Anybody who knows anything understands there are DEX exchanges. Even if they were stupid enough to ask for bitcoin, they could have sent to a dex, swapped for monero and the money would be untraceable

why did the coinbase story come out? Because the government wants to regulate exchanges. No USA exchanges have monero.

they don’t want anybody making money in crypto, and if they do, they don’t want anybody using cold wallets. The powers that be want everything to be tracked and taxed. There has been articles of them talking about banning cold wallets. Talks about any movement or 10k usd needs to be reported. That’s similar to me having to call the irs to notify them of me putting on my Rolex submariner to go out to eat.

“Hey irs, its me, letting you know I’m moving my Rolex from my dresser to Ruth’s Kris to go eat dinner”

“hey irs… IRS, its me again, letting you know I got home and put my Rolex back into my dresser”.

Screw Cuban

Faceplanted

It's okay if a little guys lose but one of the big boys could spend let's cry foul
100%

you invest, you might loose. This is elementary :censored2: that is prominent in all the normie investment books.

I can loose everything and I won’t cry scam. It’s well known crypto is manipulated and full of Ponzis

Cuban had no prroblem shilling coins and manipulating the crypto markets. The sec should have hit him. But instead he cry’s after loosing a few million on a rug pull

he is one of their mouth pieces.

100%

you invest, you might loose. This is elementary * that is prominent in all the normie investment books.

I can loose everything and I won’t cry scam. It’s well known crypto is manipulated and full of Ponzis

Cuban had no prroblem shilling coins and manipulating the crypto markets. The sec should have hit him. But instead he cry’s after loosing a few million on a rug pull

he is one of their mouth pieces.
Cuban losing a few million dollars is like me dropping a nickel

nkm

Sure, DEX exchanges could be used to make the money relatively untraceable. They don't want anyone who "shouldn't" be making money in crypto to be making money. I agree with you that the current IRS rules and proposed rules on reporting a simple movement of a certain balance of crypto is stupid -- many transactions are just movements between a mutually controlled wallet. No one is required to report when they move $10,000 in cash from their safe deposit box back to their house. Reporting should occur when such-and-such crypto is used for a large transaction between separate parties just like a normal cash transaction. Governments do need a reasonable ability to collect fair taxes, whatever they may be, but that should only be within reason.

But sure, at this point in time the government can't stand crypto. The majority of it is just wealth being extracted from nowhere and that makes most governments nervous. Still, there does need to be a certain amount of regulation to protect investors.