Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

wilberforce15

And you are just suppose to trust that they will return? What's wrong with that picture?
It's over a trillion dollars involved.
That means a whole lot of people, who have a whole lot of knowledge, have put a whole lot of confidence in it.

It's not a rational worry.

Overpaid Union Thug

What’s the best app/website to buy crypto with weekly reoccurring orders? I quit buying UPS stock and want to put that same amount of money towards Bitcoin every week instead. Coinbase is hassle free but they charge for each purchase. I’m looking for an app that will just auto draft for free. I don’t like parking my money in a brokerage account like is required for TDAmeritrade, Robinhood, etc.

Over70irregs

I have had banks say plenty of times online that transactions are not available due to system upgrades. Network upgrades are commonplace. The only investment vehicle available on the market today that cannot be, will not be and has not been manipulated (period).

wilberforce15

What’s the best app/website to buy crypto with weekly reoccurring orders? I quit buying UPS stock and want to put that same amount of money towards Bitcoin every week instead. Coinbase is hassle free but they charge for each purchase. I’m looking for an app that will just auto draft for free. I don’t like parking my money in a brokerage account like is required for TDAmeritrade, Robinhood, etc.
An interesting question. Fees are ubiquitous in crypto and high compared to other assets. That's gonna be hard to find.

Over70irregs

Aut
auto draft and free is a hard combo. Only fee free app I use is Strike. No auto option and $ amount is limited. If you do find one let me know asap. Waiting for Robinhood wallet. (Not your keys not your coins)

wilberforce15

I used Gemini same thing. Main thing is to get an exchange that has track record. I use strike app then transfer to coinbase. Use voyager and nexo also. Voyager had a free $100 BTC deal couldn’t pass up.
I agree. Reliability > price for any of these things. The crypto world is already crazy on volatility, possibilities, and drama. The last thing I need is an account scandal or broker drama. I stick with the biggest names only, and the expensive trades are just the cost of entering that world, in my mind.

Still cheaper than the stock market was in 2000, as far as fees go. So, not bad. We're all just spoiled.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
1 coinbase fees are lower if you use coinbase pro

2 kraken is probably the best and lowest fee ramp for usa.

3 gemini is probably the most secure place to buy it

Personally I just take anything over $1000 from my paycheck each week and send it to my coinbase pro account. Sometimes I just immediatly market buy. Other times I wait for a dip. If I were buying bitcoin though Kraken would be my choice.

Brownslave688

Brownslave688

I’m on the Robinhood waiting list.
With robinhood you’re not buying real bitcoin. It’s just bitcoin on paper.

1) you don’t own the bitcoin so you can’t withdraw it to a hardware wallet. Or move it to a different exchange.

2) you’re not buying bitcoin so you don’t reduce supply and help push price up.

Over70irregs

With robinhood you’re not buying real bitcoin. It’s just bitcoin on paper.

1) you don’t own the bitcoin so you can’t withdraw it to a hardware wallet. Or move it to a different exchange.

2) you’re not buying bitcoin so you don’t reduce supply and help push price up.
Wait till it peaks a lil and cash out. Green paper in your hands.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think I’ll just stick with Coinbase for now. I’m only putting $40/month in it. That’s what I have been using to buy UPS stock. But no more. It’s more of an experiment than anything. I keep seeing big shots on social media say we should all be buying crypto. One guy said everyone should buy some every week. Even if it’s only one dollar’s worth. Claimed we’d all the millionaires in 10 years. And to only buy bitcoin and not all of that other “junk crypto.”