Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Dude is 87 years old. He probably shouldn't be talking about things he doesn't understand. And don't give me the he's worth X billions of dollars.

That's cool but it doesn't mean he's right all of the time. It took him years before he admitted Amazon and google brought value to the table.
Correct, he doesn’t see any VALUE in bitcoin. He probably sees it as just a trading vehicle.

Microsoft Co-founder Bill Gates told CNBC in the same interview Monday that he would bet against bitcoin if he could.

"As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment," Gates said. "I would short it if there was an easy way to do it."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Correct, he doesn’t see any VALUE in bitcoin. He probably sees it as just a trading vehicle.

Microsoft Co-founder Bill Gates told CNBC in the same interview Monday that he would bet against bitcoin if he could.

"As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment," Gates said. "I would short it if there was an easy way to do it."
That's hilarious coming from gates who has become a billionaire selling exactly what crypto is selling. Code

Brownslave688

Gates can bet against it.

If there was an easy way to short it? So @Faceplanted and me know how to short it but the guy who invented Microsoft doesn't know how. lol yeah ok

Faceplanted

Gates is soft as :censored2:. He won’t short anything

So how about that sec fud yesterday? Straight unsubstantiated bs. Happy to see the 4chan autists are making the wsj writer life miserable. :censored2: him.

That's hilarious coming from gates who has become a billionaire selling exactly what crypto is selling. Code
Gates sells products. His business has sales, equipment, real estate.

What do you get when you buy 1 bitcoin? Code? Or do you get something you can sell on a separate platform? It seems to look similar to an Enron trading desk.

Faceplanted

What do you get when you buy 1 bitcoin? Code? Or do you get something you can sell on a separate platform? It seems to look similar to an Enron trading desk.
Following what your saying about bitcoin.... the same can be said for a debt card. It can only he spent on 1 platform ie something connected via a network to a system/platform.

Brownslave688

You get a block of the ledger.

To do business on the ledger you have to own part of it. You can't run Microsoft if you don't buy the software. Same thing.

Last edited: