Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

LarryBird

First off, when they were a dime a piece it was near impossible to buy them. I’m extremely versed in bitcoin. Not going to get into an explanation about it. You couldnt buy them. I remember it like it was yesterday doing research on it very early on and it was .12 cents per BC. Lol. There were one or two platforms that were selling very early on, and the software/sites were not up to speed. Very glitchy. Secondly its so easy to have your bitcoin account stolen or locked. None of these places that you can store your bitcoin at have any type of CS where you can speak to a live body. Your account gets locked your SOL. People have had millions stolen from cold store wallets. Thirdly its great if you got in early, but until you sell you didnt make anything.
You could be right, because as I said, I never attempted to purchase them when they were less than a dime, only that I regretted not doing so. I do know for certain that the people on the site I'm talking about were buying them somewhere, and a bunch of the people were mining them too, when it was still possible without a friggin super computer setup.

LarryBird

Also anyone that says they wish they would have bought a sheetload of bitcoin when they were a
dime would have sold them when they were 100 bucks. They would have never held onto them till they hit 10 or 15 grand a piece. Thats not reality.
The people I know who bought in very early sold off some of them along the way, yes. But most of them still kept large positions, and many continued buying pretty heavily on the way up too. Some of them initially sold only enough to make back their original investment, and they sat on most of the rest until they hit the stratosphere - those people are independently wealthy and no longer work. Others I know diversified into safer investment vehicles when their bitcoin holdings reached a level where they no longer had to worry about money for the rest of their lives too. A few of them sold out of everything they had when they turned what now seems like a modest profit, but at the time was like a 100x return or better - they regret it terribly now, and bemoan it constantly. It all depends on the person I guess.

If you had an asset that you believed in, and that had already shown you amazing growth potential, why would you ever think of selling out of your whole position? I know I wouldn't.

Recoup my initial investment and take a freeroll? Definitely.

Take a small profit out? Sure.

But sell out of it totally at $100 per when it's gone to 1000x over what it was when you bought in? :censored2:ing absolutely not. Nobody with any financial savy would do that at a young age when you should have no issue tolerating some risk. At least not without some extenuating circumstances. Especially when you could take out your initial investment plus, eliminate any potential risk, and hold the rest for the chance at having a grand slam on your hands.

LarryBird

@ManInBrown, what do you think of Ripple (xrp)?

I've been considering taking a decent size (for me) position in this coin for a little while now, and I'd like any opinions from people well versed in crypto?

I'm struggling to pull the trigger because I'm not sure if there's a better option to take a chance on or if it's the right time to do it, and it's hard to find great info or advice on crypto - so many of them seem like a crapshoot.

But from what I know about ripple, it seems like it's at least one of the safer bets out there. I like that it's considered a bridge between fiats and it's designed for financial institutions and payment providers, giving it a clear use unlike so many others. I especially like the idea that governments and banks will have a use/place for xrp, because I struggle with the idea that our institutions will ever allow cryptos to replace central banks/fiat money. Although like I said, I have a hard time sifting through what information is trustworthy, and where to go for advice on these coins.

Any thoughts you or anyone else have on xrp would be appreciated.

ManInBrown

The prudential transactions tab shows the fees as well as contributions. Literally $1.96 and $0.10 in fees each month.
————-
And bitcoin. Can one even really trade it out for true straight cash? I’ve never known of a debt collector to take bitcoin as payment. I think your buddy is lying. They call themselves millionaires but it all feels like it literally has no real world value.

Of course you can sell bitcoin for cash. Its easy. Coinbase.

MattM

Of course you can sell bitcoin for cash. Its easy. Coinbase.
I just hear stories of bitcoin millionaires who waited out and the price crashed awhile back and they weren’t millionaires anymore. I haven’t seen the paper cash equivalent of bitcoin millionaires. It’s all made up fairy tale bs.

Why aren’t these originators cashing out and living a life of luxury? It doesn’t seem like dozens or hundreds of bitcoins can be traded for real cash. I guess that’s my point. Sure you can sell one or two. But numerous? It’s a struggle.

And one of my posts got moved to the crypto weirdo thread so I may as well stop posting. That’s a weird place

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
@ManInBrown, what do you think of Ripple (xrp)?

I've been considering taking a decent size (for me) position in this coin for a little while now, and I'd like any opinions from people well versed in crypto?

I'm struggling to pull the trigger because I'm not sure if there's a better option to take a chance on or if it's the right time to do it, and it's hard to find great info or advice on crypto - so many of them seem like a crapshoot.

But from what I know about ripple, it seems like it's at least one of the safer bets out there. I like that it's considered a bridge between fiats and it's designed for financial institutions and payment providers, giving it a clear use unlike so many others. I especially like the idea that governments and banks will have a use/place for xrp, because I struggle with the idea that our institutions will ever allow cryptos to replace central banks/fiat money. Although like I said, I have a hard time sifting through what information is trustworthy, and where to go for advice on these coins.

Any thoughts you or anyone else have on xrp would be appreciated.
XRP is trash. And the supply is too large for it to ever be worth even tens of dollars.

Brownslave688

I just hear stories of bitcoin millionaires who waited out and the price crashed awhile back and they weren’t millionaires anymore. I haven’t seen the paper cash equivalent of bitcoin millionaires. It’s all made up fairy tale bs.

Why aren’t these originators cashing out and living a life of luxury? It doesn’t seem like dozens or hundreds of bitcoins can be traded for real cash. I guess that’s my point. Sure you can sell one or two. But numerous? It’s a struggle.

And one of my posts got moved to the crypto weirdo thread so I may as well stop posting. That’s a weird place
Wow you have no clue. It’s plenty easy to cash out.

For most of the early adopters who are your millionaires now. It’s not about being rich. They don’t want FIAT money and that’s the point.

LarryBird

Wow you have no clue. It’s plenty easy to cash out.

For most of the early adopters who are your millionaires now. It’s not about being rich. They don’t want FIAT money and that’s the point.
Whether or not they want it doesn't really seem like it matters at this point. Bitcoin is not something that seems like it will replace fiat currency, because it hasn't been widely adopted outside of a small subset of tech nerds, it's not easily spent, and because of it's wildly fluctuating value and growth potential it's turned into just another investment vehicle - closer to a stock or commodity than a currency in my opinion, something people buy and hold or day trade.

Bitcoin was closer to the goal envisioned back in 2011 when it wasn't worth much more than the us dollar imo. People actually used them. Nobody really uses them anymore that I see. Sure, places like overstock accept them, but who's going on there and buying a rug with bitcoin that might be worth 5x or more what it is now a year or two down the road.

So to really have real world value and use now, you've got to go to an exchange and trade them for fiat money. Which just doesn't jive with your position that the early adopters don't care about being rich and are holding their bitcoin because they don't want fiat money - they are holding their bitcoin because of it's potential to make them richer than they ever imagined possible when they started buying crypto. If this wasn't the case, they'd be more easily spent and widely accepted by now, and their only value wouldn't be measured by how much fiat money they're worth. People would be using actual bitcoin for goods and services, which again they really don't.

That's how I see it anyway. But I could be totally wrong. I'm not super well versed in crypto, just stating my observations, and I've already posted above on this page what the early adopters I know have done.

LarryBird

XRP is trash. And the supply is too large for it to ever be worth even tens of dollars.
So if that's your opinion on ripple, then what coin outside of ethereum or bitcoin would you recommend?

I had some interest in iota when I first read about that one, but I've since come to see that my interest was likely misplaced and that's not something I want to invest in.

Xrp really seemed to me like it had potential, but you say otherwise, despite giving no real reasoning behind your opinion that it's trash.

So again, what coin should I look into, and where should I go to get good information? That is the biggest issue I have with crypto, the lack of good information, or rather the proliferation of bad and misleading information would probably be a better way to put it.

Brownslave688

So if that's your opinion on ripple, then what coin outside of ethereum or bitcoin would you recommend?

I had some interest in iota when I first read about that one, but I've since come to see that my interest was likely misplaced and that's not something I want to invest in.

Xrp really seemed to me like it had potential, but you say otherwise, despite giving no real reasoning behind your opinion that it's trash.

So again, what coin should I look into, and where should I go to get good information? That is the biggest issue I have with crypto, the lack of good information, or rather the proliferation of bad and misleading information would probably be a better way to put it.
It’s all speculation at this point.

I say ripple is trash because it’s centralized. It’s controlled by a small group of people.

Why not invest in bitcoin or ethereum? Do you think they are too expensive? You don’t need to buy a whole coin/token. 300% gain on $500 is exactly the same. Makes no difference if you paid 5 cents or 10k per coin.

If you’re just taking a shot in the dark looking for huge gains than look for a small market cap with a limited supply and start digging for info from there.

Brownslave688

Whether or not they want it doesn't really seem like it matters at this point. Bitcoin is not something that seems like it will replace fiat currency, because it hasn't been widely adopted outside of a small subset of tech nerds, it's not easily spent, and because of it's wildly fluctuating value and growth potential it's turned into just another investment vehicle - closer to a stock or commodity than a currency in my opinion, something people buy and hold or day trade.

Bitcoin was closer to the goal envisioned back in 2011 when it wasn't worth much more than the us dollar imo. People actually used them. Nobody really uses them anymore that I see. Sure, places like overstock accept them, but who's going on there and buying a rug with bitcoin that might be worth 5x or more what it is now a year or two down the road.

So to really have real world value and use now, you've got to go to an exchange and trade them for fiat money. Which just doesn't jive with your position that the early adopters don't care about being rich and are holding their bitcoin because they don't want fiat money - they are holding their bitcoin because of it's potential to make them richer than they ever imagined possible when they started buying crypto. If this wasn't the case, they'd be more easily spent and widely accepted by now, and their only value wouldn't be measured by how much fiat money they're worth. People would be using actual bitcoin for goods and services, which again they really don't.

That's how I see it anyway. But I could be totally wrong. I'm not super well versed in crypto, just stating my observations, and I've already posted above on this page what the early adopters I know have done.
I’m not saying bitcoin is gonna be the worlds currency. The world store of value (gold) is more likely but you’ve got a very short visioned view of all this.

You saying it’s not going to be used as money because it’s not widely accepted now (2 years after a majority of the world was introduced to it) would have been like saying the internet or home computers would never be thing in 1990.

LarryBird

It’s all speculation at this point.

I say ripple is trash because it’s centralized. It’s controlled by a small group of people.

Why not invest in bitcoin or ethereum? Do you think they are too expensive? You don’t need to buy a whole coin/token. 300% gain on $500 is exactly the same. Makes no difference if you paid 5 cents or 10k per coin.

If you’re just taking a shot in the dark looking for huge gains than look for a small market cap with a limited supply and start digging for info from there.
I dunno, despite xrp being controlled by ripple, it seems to me that xrp is still decentralized. Ripple and xrp now have a clear separation, despite the majority of xrp being controlled by ripple. Ripple has placed the coins not already in circulation in escrow and has a set the cap that they can release at 1b per month, although they've never released anywhere near that many yet. Plus being that they are the holder of the majority of the coins, it means they have a clear financial interest in not flooding the market or hurting the value of xrp in any way.

I'm gonna continue to look into it a little more before I take the leap, but I'm still leaning towards buying some.

I'm not just looking for a shot in the dark for huge gains...I'm looking for a good coin that's still at a reasonable enough price, that has potential to grow, and a clear real world use, to buy and hold for the long-term.

Do you have any sources for crypto knowledge you can recommend? Websites, twitter accounts, etc?

Brownslave688

I dunno, despite xrp being controlled by ripple, it seems to me that xrp is still decentralized. Ripple and xrp now have a clear separation, despite the majority of xrp being controlled by ripple. Ripple has placed the coins not already in circulation in escrow and has a set the cap that they can release at 1b per month, although they've never released anywhere near that many yet. Plus being that they are the holder of the majority of the coins, it means they have a clear financial interest in not flooding the market or hurting the value of xrp in any way.

I'm gonna continue to look into it a little more before I take the leap, but I'm still leaning towards buying some.

I'm not just looking for a shot in the dark for huge gains...I'm looking for a good coin that's still at a reasonable enough price, that has potential to grow, and a clear real world use, to buy and hold for the long-term.

Do you have any sources for crypto knowledge you can recommend? Websites, twitter accounts, etc?
Start with the white paper and the teams. Do your homework on the team running the development of the coin. That’s your best indicator in my opinion.

Brownslave688

Bundle count is a joke right now on the public mainnet, but I heard the ambs private mainnet is fairly active. These are a few pics from a project using amb called origin. Origin is working with the Swiss coffee alliance as well
C01664A2-BD02-45E7-84C2-253A72BDD8B8.png

Uhhhh if 300k bundles a day make it to main net.....goodbye ups

Faceplanted

Hmmmmmm...... I wonder who they were talking about yesterday concerning their stamp sensor tech.... with a cigarette box on a slide?

Attachments

• 83ADFFA4-49F7-4395-9DBD-469EE18121C0.jpeg
    83ADFFA4-49F7-4395-9DBD-469EE18121C0.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 175

Faceplanted

PM. ;)

At some point there is going to be an absolute price explosion.
I’m in a few private groups, the consensus seems to be that we are arriving at the end of accumulation. The charts don’t lie. Once it starts it’s gonna increase in value very rapidly
Chain link showed up on my Coinbase pro account. Just a chart for now no trading but that means it’s coming soon.
yes. Huge things going on with link. Coinbase is a nice addiction.

Brownslave688

I’m in a few private groups, the consensus seems to be that we are arriving at the end of accumulation. The charts don’t lie. Once it starts it’s gonna increase in value very rapidly.
Assuming adoption where do you really see this in 2 years. Top 50 token, top 25, top 10!!!