Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Faceplanted

Hey- I wish you luck but you know what they say about “if something seems too good to be true...... “
Go to the buttcoin sub on plebbit. You will make tons of friends over there, they can tell you how they been saying the same thing you think for years while bitcoin has went 1000x in price.

Faceplanted

Very interesting. Only thing you always worry about in this space is 2-3 years from now will we still be sitting here saying 2022 is the year this all finally happens
In the case of derivatives, this will implemented as soon as possible. Blathe masters and lots of others that are huge in this industry are big proponents of blockchain. Smartcontracts can settle in hours while the industry standard is currently a few weeks to months. The whole reason why blockchain has not been used in the real world is because the lack of the ability to use an Oracle or any other method of getting off chain data on chain. Etherium is useless as is basically every other crypto besides btc which is only a store of value. Chainlink is the first to solve this issue and is quickly becoming realized that it will be the industry standard. Amb is trying a slightly different approach, but it’s another good idea using a hermes node and IoT gateways. These hermes nodes still depend on amb/ or amb affiliate fed data, chainlink oracles on the other hand can pull data from multiple independent sources, ie 10 independent exchanges for the price of gold to settle contracts and prevent possible fraud/bad Data

Open law will be talking more about this on nov 7th. By end of 2020, contracts will be getting settled via chainlink and oracles.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In the case of derivatives, this will implemented as soon as possible. Blathe masters and lots of others that are huge in this industry are big proponents of blockchain. Smartcontracts can settle in hours while the industry standard is currently a few weeks to months. The whole reason why blockchain has not been used in the real world is because the lack of the ability to use an Oracle or any other method of getting off chain data on chain. Etherium is useless as is basically every other crypto besides btc which is only a store of value. Chainlink is the first to solve this issue and is quickly becoming realized that it will be the industry standard. Amb is trying a slightly different approach, but it’s another good idea using a hermes node and IoT gateways. These hermes nodes still depend on amb/ or amb affiliate fed data, chainlink oracles on the other hand can pull data from multiple independent sources, ie 10 independent exchanges for the price of gold to settle contracts and prevent possible fraud/bad Data

Open law will be talking more about this on nov 7th. By end of 2020, contracts will be getting settled via chainlink and oracles.
Good luck with that. I’ll bet we’re looking at more like 2025. The people that play in these markets make huge money and have deep pockets. Going to take a lot to get through all of that to get regulations on something like this approved.

Faceplanted

Good luck with that. I’ll bet we’re looking at more like 2025. The people that play in these markets make huge money and have deep pockets. Going to take a lot to get through all of that to get regulations on something like this approved.
Lots of the big players got screwed over during the last recession as during the period it took for the contract to settle, the company owing money would hedge investments to offset and delay on purpose. The article goes into depth about how important this is. Smaller companies will be doing this within the next year or two to save tons of money as well as time . The large firms will follow after.

There are no regulations that have to be passed, it’s basically settling a contract via info that oracles receive from already approved sources. Instead of a group of people looking over that info, the smart contract will trigger automatically. It’s no different than using the old fashioned way, except collateral will be used on chain, and released when a parameter is set by a specific date.....or how ever you want to agree to set up the smart contract.

Smart contracts are already being used on etherium, they are just as legally binding as any other contract. Nothing the gov needs to regulate.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thomson Reuters: Bringing Ethereum Smart Contracts to the Mainstream

Figment Networks is Running a Chainlink Node

More chainlink news. One by one everybody will bend the knee and be using the industry standard

Kieran Lai from mulesoft can be seen in chainlinks pivotal from a few days ago.
Ambrosus just got the explorer updated yesterday. Everyone running a node has been getting an abnormal amount of bundles the last few days.

My theory is they are clearing out a backlog before they bring the hermes live on explorer.

Faceplanted

Ambrosus just got the explorer updated yesterday. Everyone running a node has been getting an abnormal amount of bundles the last few days.

My theory is they are clearing out a backlog before they bring the hermes live on explorer.
Really? News to me. They banned me from tg a month or two ago when everybody was asking questions so I haven’t been keeping up.