Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m more optimistic about bitcoins future.
Sure it might decline but I doubt it dips back below 5,000. I bet it tumbles back under 20,000 and holds (as much as bitcoin does) around 10,000-15,000 and skyrockets back from there.

I think pump and dump schemes have the same effect as lotto winners do. Even more people are watching friends and colleagues get richer from it will be tempted in getting a slice of it next time.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I’m more optimistic about bitcoins future.
Sure it might decline but I doubt it dips back below 5,000. I bet it tumbles back under 20,000 and holds (as much as bitcoin does) around 10,000-15,000 and skyrockets back from there.

I think pump and dump schemes have the same effect as lotto winners do. Even more people are watching friends and colleagues get richer from it will be tempted in getting a slice of it next time.
I honestly have no idea, I read opinions about crypto from both sides but I couldn't tell you who's right. I hope it's the bulls, but it might be the bears.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Consider this.

The current mean TX fee for BTC is over 12 dollars.
Can you imagine if your debit card charged you 12 bucks every time you used it?

Bitcoin takes roughly 15 minutes to confirm assuming your transaction is included in the next block.
Your debit card? Roughly a couple seconds.

Bitcoin gets congested, and has a hard time doing more than 5 transactions per second.
Visa can run 65K transactions in a second.

This sort of thing has me convinced that the only real argument for bitcoin right now is the "digital gold" store of value.
EXCEPT. It's open source.
Anyone can clone bitcoin, and create an identical crypto at any time and for any reason.
So with regards to that, the only thing it has going for it is name brand recognition.

There is definitely a use case for crypto.
But I think what we are seeing right now is the worlds most massive pump and dump scheme in history.
This is why I usually prefer utility tokens/coins to invest in.

While overall riskier than bitcoin as far as going to zero. Eventually many of them will get adoption. This adoption will keep them from getting REKT next near market or if bitcoin. Is just a bubble that will pop.

Like the Internet bubble it didn’t mean they were all suddenly worthless. In fact those with real life adoption and usage are worth billions today.

Brownslave688

I honestly have no idea, I read opinions about crypto from both sides but I couldn't tell you who's right. I hope it's the bulls, but it might be the bears.
With all of the institutional money coming in I’m gonna error on the side of the bulls for awhile.

El Correcto

god is dead
The bulls can still be right on a long term basis even if it tumbles 50% it’ll still be worth over triple what it was in March or whenever it dipped below 5,000.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Beanie Babies was a great investment until it wasn’t. All investments are good if you buy low and sell high. I remember when I was a driver and the Beanie Baby craze hit. People would wait outside stores they knew was getting them and when UPS trucks pulled up people would approach the truck trying to find out if you had the Babies. There was special UPS instructions to watch for people trying to rip us off. I will never forget a sticker on the back of a woman’s car that said “will have sex for Beanie Babies” I saw a story of a man that cashed out his savings and bought $100,000 worth of Beanies and now he is stuck with a garage full of worthless Babies. He looked so embarrassed during the interview. Advice my father told me was “Son if everyone is talking about an investment you arrived to late”

Brownslave688

Beanie Babies was a great investment until it wasn’t. All investments are good if you buy low and sell high. I remember when I was a driver and the Beanie Baby craze hit. People would wait outside stores they knew was getting them and when UPS trucks pulled up people would approach the truck trying to find out if you had the Babies. There was special UPS instructions to watch for people trying to rip us off. I will never forget a sticker on the back of a woman’s car that said “will have sex for Beanie Babies” I saw a story of a man that cashed out his savings and bought $100,000 worth of Beanies and now he is stuck with a garage full of worthless Babies. He looked so embarrassed during the interview. Advice my father told me was “Son if everyone is talking about an investment you arrived to late”
Did Wall Street institutions buy hundreds of millions of dollars worth of beanie babies as an investment?