Black Friday question

Ive been out of town the past 2 years on Black Friday and haven't caught much slack from my supervisor when I let him know I wouldn't be there. This year we have a new FT supervisor that has recently switched to our twilight sort from night sort. I get a text Friday at about 5:30 from my PT sup asking me where I was at, below is out text conversation:

PT sup: Wya (where you at)
Me: Im out of town man, I told you.
PT sup: Today was a regular work day, u gonna miss four days of pay
Me: Im working the day before and the day after the scheduled holidays, how is that?
PT sup: Im just relaying (FT sup's) message.
Me: Okay lol

With that being stated, how could they take 4 days of my pay? They let everyone know if we came in Friday it would be double pay. I guess he is meaning I will not be getting paid for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and the double pay on Black Friday.

I went out of town so I know will not get any of the extra pay for working Friday, but should I still get the holiday pay for Thursday and Friday, correct? I worked Wednesday and will work tonight.

Tl;dr - Was out of town for Black Friday, FT Supervisor says I will miss 4 days of pay.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not sure where the other four days come from.

What local? If 177 or 804, Black Friday is still a company holiday where you are not required to come in.

Ghost in the Darkness

File a grievance if they dont pay you for those 2 days because they are both contractual holidays. Did you call in Friday, Im guessing not. You should have just to cover your own back. Contract says if you miss working the day before or after the holiday you won't get paid for them. It doesnt say anything in regards to holiday pay if you worked or did not work ON the holiday.

File a grievance if they dont pay you for those 2 days because they are both contractual holidays. Did you call in Friday, Im guessing not. You should have just to cover your own back. Contract says if you miss working the day before or after the holiday you won't get paid for them. It doesnt say anything in regards to holiday pay if you worked or did not work ON the holiday.

I let my PT supervisor know a couple a weeks ago that I would be out of town, so he knew in advance. I figured this was a scare tactic to try and make everyone come in, I guess I'll find out Thursday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I let my PT supervisor know a couple a weeks ago that I would be out of town, so he knew in advance. I figured this was a scare tactic to try and make everyone come in, I guess I'll find out Thursday.

Why wait til Thursday?

Go to the time card viewer on upsers.com to see if you were paid for the holidays or not.

I'm betting that you were not.

Why wait til Thursday?

Go to the time card viewer on upsers.com to see if you were paid for the holidays or not.

I'm betting that you were not.

The time card viewer is not available for our Hub, Ive talked to three other PT's and they are all getting the same error message as me when they try to view it.

But I'm betting I wasn't paid also. I have the texts saved so that should be even more evidence if I need to file a grievance.

Last edited: