No Call No Show in time card when I called in.

Over70irregs

Here if you call in too late it’s considered same as a “no call no show” which will get you a warning letter. To uninformed driver it sounds like your job is at stake. Had a member who was legit sick and called few minute too late owing to being in the can. He was told it’s too late, if your not coming in now it’s a no call no show.

So he got in his car, got out and went back into can, then got back in car and came to work and punched in… and promptly thru up in a trash can and got sent home.

He told me he thought he would get fired based on what they told hIm. No. It would be a warning letter.

View attachment 422781
Just get FMLA approved for “anything”. Done……

nWo

Yup. Screw em. They were forcing people in on their day off forever in my center. They gave me a warning letter for calling off on my scheduled day off. I went and got on FMLA the next week. Now if I wake up and I'm a little sore I'll just stay home .

CB22

Well I guess after texting my complaint about it to the on-road he was able to change it from NCNS to A Call in. Been a driver for 5 months and got accustomed to texting and calling the supervisors not so much the office until now. Lesson learned I’ll know now for next time I need to call in.

Thebrownblob

Yup. Screw em. They were forcing people in on their day off forever in my center. They gave me a warning letter for calling off on my scheduled day off. I went and got on FMLA the next week. Now if I wake up and I'm a little sore I'll just stay home .
Pretty much what people do now. For some people the company, left them no choice.

Over70irregs

I had 2 claims at one time for blank blank. I refused to allow total control over my life any more. Keep up with paperwork gents.

charm299

Quick summery, this past Friday I text my on-road sup (mistake #1 I’m a rookie) that I was not going to make it in. No response and after some time I called the office late (rookie mistake #2) start time is 9am and I called around 8:30am. They tried to harass me to come saying it has to be a hour but I refused still. Looking at my time card it shows No Call. Trying to talk to my supervisor today but being the rookie that I and assuming worst case is that nothing will change. Not sure what to do next besides deal with it on Monday thanks. Im the lowest seniority RPCD with less than a year of seniority in my building if that matters and this was my first callout.
Always use a group text with supervisors and stewards in it, they seem to love that

Thebrownblob

On what basis would the local fight it though?
Depends on what discipline was given. It’s disingenuous for them to record someone calling in after an hour as a no call no show. It’s definitely a call in if they want to make a new designation saying late Call in fine by me. Seems redundant it when it’s nothing more than another occurrence. We’ve had drivers on the way to work who had car problems and Call in after 8 o’clock is that also a no call no show? They gave the courtesy of calling when they could.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
On what basis would the local fight it though?
Because no call no shows are on the basis of termination. Management treats it almost the same as job abandonment. Our stewards have those sever disciplines knocked down to nothing as just a simple write up. It’s different if you actually ncns and show up the next day with no excuse and regardless of excuse you would get a suspension. That situation theres not much the union can do but they can keep it away from termination.
Obviously multiple infractions as such would result in a termination because of the attendance policy. And attendance is the hardest issue to getting your job back.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Because no call no shows are on the basis of termination. Management treats it almost the same as job abandonment. Our stewards have those sever disciplines knocked down to nothing as just a simple write up. It’s different if you actually ncns and show up the next day with no excuse and regardless of excuse you would get a suspension. That situation theres not much the union can do but they can keep it away from termination.
Obviously multiple infractions as such would result in a termination because of the attendance policy. And attendance is the hardest issue to getting your job back.

What attendance policy are you specifically talking about?