No Call No Show in time card when I called in.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If you don’t show up to work a lot because of call outs what do you think will happen
I don’t think a lot will happen. You’ll be harassed and such but I see no language that spells out an “attendance policy”. Not saying this is a good idea but I’ve seen employees call out for 30 straight Mondays and nothing happens here.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t think a lot will happen. You’ll be harassed and such but I see no language that spells out an “attendance policy”. Not saying this is a good idea but I’ve seen employees call out for 30 straight Mondays and nothing happens here.
Everywhere is different

MrBates

They tried that here a couple times, we just called the 1-800 number and left a message for the center. The person who collected them in the morning would give them to the center manager. They started answering after that. LOL
That is check mate!....LOL

Nah
Depends on what discipline was given. It’s disingenuous for them to record someone calling in after an hour as a no call no show. It’s definitely a call in if they want to make a new designation saying late Call in fine by me. Seems redundant it when it’s nothing more than another occurrence. We’ve had drivers on the way to work who had car problems and Call in after 8 o’clock is that also a no call no show? They gave the courtesy of calling when they could.

Because no call no shows are on the basis of termination. Management treats it almost the same as job abandonment. Our stewards have those sever disciplines knocked down to nothing as just a simple write up. It’s different if you actually ncns and show up the next day with no excuse and regardless of excuse you would get a suspension. That situation theres not much the union can do but they can keep it away from termination.
Obviously multiple infractions as such would result in a termination because of the attendance policy. And attendance is the hardest issue to getting your job back.
I don't think the fights would have any merit. Like I said, grievances have failed in the past.

I got on my stewards trying to figure out what the contract said about attendance because I couldn't find it. What I was told was, it isn't in the contract so UPS can make their attendance policy however they want provided they formally inform the local how it's going to be. Part of their policy was call in an hour ahead or it's a no call.

I dunno. Like I said, grievances have failed. And frankly I just don't see where there would be one. If you're held up on the side of the road, make sure you still get into work...so at worst it's a late occurrence, not a NCNS.

Thebrownblob

I don't think the fights would have any merit. Like I said, grievances have failed in the past.

I got on my stewards trying to figure out what the contract said about attendance because I couldn't find it. What I was told was, it isn't in the contract so UPS can make their attendance policy however they want provided they formally inform the local how it's going to be. Part of their policy was call in an hour ahead or it's a no call.

I dunno. Like I said, grievances have failed. And frankly I just don't see where there would be one. If you're held up on the side of the road, make sure you still get into work...so at worst it's a late occurrence, not a NCNS.
Different places different rules I suppose, but I’ve won them every time. And after the three day, Late call in and they tried to fire the guy and they lost they don’t even try anymore when it comes up.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Different places different rules I suppose, but I’ve won them every time. And after the three day, Late call in and they tried to fire the guy and they lost they don’t even try anymore when it comes up.
We were told to call at least one hour before shift if we weren’t coming in. As far as lateness, I knew a guy that was perpetually late, they busted his balls, threatened him, harassed him, all to no effect. As far as I know he’s still coming in late to this day. 🤣

AKCoverMan

Here the language on call in deadline is in the same article of our local sup that talks about sick leave.

Here it’s one hour prior except satalile locations have to call one hour prior to start time at the host center that would have to cover their route.