Black Lives Matter? Statistics Show That They Do.....

floridays

OK, prove that. The South was highly segregated and only in a few places did Blacks outnumber Whites. Never heard of the KKK?
Have you ever seen a klan get together with the cross burning? I have, last time about 40 yrs ago outside of Tupelo, Mississippi. Those days are long gone.

vantexan

Have you ever seen a klan get together with the cross burning? I have, last time about 40 yrs ago outside of Tupelo, Mississippi. Those days are long gone.
No, and glad I haven't! Back in the early 1900's the Klan was the biggest it ever was and the South was very segregated. The FHA had a huge role to play in segregation across the country, I'll give him that after reading up on it, but he's flat out wrong about Blacks and Whites living in close proximity pre-FHA. About the only areas where Blacks outnumbered Whites in the South then were the biggest cities and also parts of Mississippi. In Tennessee Blacks overall make up about 15% of the state population and only in Memphis and Jackson do they constitute a majority. And only in the South did they have Jim Crow laws. Redlining neighborhoods for mortgage purposes isn't the same as not allowing people into restaurants, having separate bathrooms and drinking fountains, being forced to the back of the bus. Not to mention all the horrific lynchings that took place. Saying Columbus, OH was no different than Columbus, GA(and yes Refi I know you didn't specifically say that)is ludicrous. What that says to me is he has a deep seated hatred towards all of the U.S.., which seems to be a thing amongst many liberals. And he doesn't seem to recognize that the U.S. has changed and improved. Or at least it wouldn't be politically astute to admit that because what's left for Democrats to run on?

Sportello

Cross-burnings Still a ‘Tool of Fear’ Used by Racists

He's a black high school quarterback. 5 of his teammates were pictured in white hoods. It may get worse.

Ku Klux Klan cross burning, rally scheduled in Lancaster County this weekend

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...g-cross-in-mississippi-is-under-investigation

Disturbing photos of the modern-day Ku Klux Klan

and for good measure:

Neo-Nazis hold swastika burning in west Georgia town after Newnan rally

Neonazis1_1524413279730_5384896_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

vantexan

I could have posted dozens more examples.
Oh wow, dozens amongst a country of 325 million+. Every time far right nutjobs hold their little rallies they get attention. Do you think that just maybe if no one paid them any attention there'd be fewer rallies? Compare that with Antifa rallies where windows get smashed and reporters roughed up. A lot of idiocy going round but the Media treats one side with kid gloves while acting like the other side is the return of the Third Reich.

Sportello

Oh wow, dozens amongst a country of 325 million+. Every time far right nutjobs hold their little rallies they get attention. Do you think that just maybe if no one paid them any attention there'd be fewer rallies? Compare that with Antifa rallies where windows get smashed and reporters roughed up. A lot of idiocy going round but the Media treats one side with kid gloves while acting like the other side is the return of the Third Reich.

Sad.