Blatant Entrapment

oldngray

nowhere special
Stop using my stuff D*
AnchormanGif.gif

upschuck

It costs us more money when drivers are hiding misloads and we have missed than if they sent them in and the OMS has time to make alternate arrangements.
So refunding a $10 shipping charge wastes more money than sending a driver way out of the way to meet/deliver? Interesting.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So refunding a $10 shipping charge wastes more money than sending a driver way out of the way to meet/deliver? Interesting.
That's not the big picture. If we are consistently doing this customers get angry and go elsewhere. Eventually they just want to get what they're paying for. That's what convinces them to go to the competitors, who already have a cost, and quite often, a speed advantage.

oldngray

nowhere special
"Why didn't you scan it when you found it?"

"...."

My biggest problem was that it would usually be off area business misloads I couldn't make service on. I would still get the usual stupid messages "You have to deliver it". Me telling them I can't fell on deaf ears because the center would be on a no missed pieces kick. OK, do you want me to have 10 missed of my own work to make service on 1 misload? Almost always the same stupidity repeated.

That's not the big picture. If we are consistently doing this customers get angry and go elsewhere. Eventually they just want to get what they're paying for. That's what convinces them to go to the competitors, who already have a cost, and quite often, a speed advantage.
How about putting an extra preloader on? Maybe better load quality would save some driver overtime.

Never mind, that makes too much sense.... Cents...lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My biggest problem was that it would usually be off area business misloads I couldn't make service on. I would still get the usual stupid messages "You have to deliver it". Me telling them I can't fell on deaf ears because the center would be on a no missed pieces kick. OK, do you want me to have 10 missed of my own work to make service on 1 misload? Almost always the same stupidity repeated.
In town we always try to send someone to take it from you to deliver. Out of town usually you just have to take the missed. No use making the problem worse.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doesn't matter. Have to play the game.