Blatant Entrapment

wayfair

swollen member
We are told to go through our PC and send any off areas by 2 pm...

then the next morning a driver down the line gets a warning letter, accused of stealing time, for WAD

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I know how mirlsroutes work when they are scanned in. But you are saying a salt is delivered same day. However, a salt is for someone who doesn't send it misroutes. I'm under the impression the driver would need to return to building in order to qualify as not scanning misroutes. No?
That's why when they get to the building we retrieve the package and have it delivered. Not rocket science.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The rule used to be that we had to go through the truck and report all misloads by 1400, not sure if they still do that.

They tried this with us but it didn't stick. First , you had drivers who, like the guy above who wouldn't scan anything that bothered him. Second, you had wrong spa labels complicating things. Third, the apathy that prevails in most centers took over and it became another "OK, well just let us know as soon as you can" thing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do they get delivering d same day if they are in truck with a driver? Does management at some point stop the driver midroute and take it from him?

They will generally load them so that they should be found and reported early enough to where service is made; however, if the misload is not sent in, they may either go on road to meet the driver, retrieve and deliver the misload (with a meeting with the steward to follow) or they may wait to do a check in audit.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They will generally load them so that they should be found and reported early enough to where service is made; however, if the misload is not sent in, they may either go on road to meet the driver, retrieve and deliver the misload (with a meeting with the steward to follow) or they may wait to do a check in audit.
Easier to wait until they return to the building. Then there is no "But I didn't see it yet" argument

Oh well. Not going to lose any sleep over some guy on the internet calling me a liar
tumblr_m8l60jLcij1ra5p9wo1_400.gif

8 Hour Day

Probably trying to hide their misload issues
This is why drivers (such as myself) stop playing by the rules the way they're written. When my current Mgr. took over, issues were no longer being addressed. Poor load quality, misloads, bad dispatch, undone truck repairs... You name it. They are all ignored. So, you have to decide what you can do to service the customer in spite of the management without working yourself to death or getting fired.
Clearly, the length of the paid day and 9.5 grievances aren't an issue for these folks. The driver next to me just showed off his latest 9.5 grievance payout. It's a duesy, but he would have rather had done with his family those nights.

Eventually, corporate will correct things when this gets too expensive... For now, it's CYA time, and that is horrible for the company .