Blood pressure tricks

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've lost some weight and my bp has come down. They had me on 2 BP meds and I ran out of the secondary medication like a week ago (having issues with medco reading the doc's writing) and checked my bp today and it was 126/76, so looks like I don't need that second one anymore due to the weight loss.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've lost some weight and my bp has come down. They had me on 2 BP meds and I ran out of the secondary medication like a week ago (having issues with medco reading the doc's writing) and checked my bp today and it was 126/76, so looks like I don't need that second one anymore due to the weight loss.

Your doctor doesn't send his prescriptions electronically?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Your doctor doesn't send his prescriptions electronically?
Nope, my local's health plan does the mail order through TeamsterRX aka Medco aka Expressscripts and we can either mail in the handwritten prescription or we can pay the doctor's office $10 to fill out a longass online form. I used to pay the $10 extra fee then my wife said she'd take care of mailing it for me so I stopped. The only thing is...my doctor's handwriting is horrible.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope, my local's health plan does the mail order through TeamsterRX aka Medco aka Expressscripts and we can either mail in the handwritten prescription or we can pay the doctor's office $10 to fill out a longass online form. I used to pay the $10 extra fee then my wife said she'd take care of mailing it for me so I stopped. The only thing is...my doctor's handwriting is horrible.

Only reason I asked is I had to go to see my doctor last week for my annual bout of bronchitis. He was able to send the script for the Z-Pak electronically but had to handwrite the script for the cough medicine as it was a controlled substance.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Only reason I asked is I had to go to see my doctor last week for my annual bout of bronchitis. He was able to send the script for the Z-Pak electronically but had to handwrite the script for the cough medicine as it was a controlled substance.
Ah, didn't know that. Also didn't know codeine was controlled.

P.S. Careful with that Azithromycin:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-war...-could-lead-to-deadly-heart-rhythms-for-some/
http://blog.doctoroz.com/in-the-news/can-your-z-pac-be-bad-for-your-heart

You've Got Mail

I had my physical last week. 139/65. Pre-hypertension. I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs. Not really "fat" but when the weather gets cold, I tend to eat fewer veggies and more grease. Who doesn't do the same? I always make sure to eat a healthy breakfast of 4 or 5 eggs and a sausage, with a fruit/hemp/wheatgrass smoothie to wash it down with a multi-vitamin. Goes downhill after that. When I start driving, I'm sure that will be all the exercise I'll need and my BP will even out.