Bloodbath

so out of curiosity i looked at the stats for the company
here are some interesting takeaways in no order:
  • month of dec we were almost dead-on with vol projections
    • cyber week is now peak week, and we were about 4% under LY
  • due to ORION initiatives, our driven miles were WAY LOWER
    • SPC, helpers, vol, piece per car, etc (basically every other metric) on peak day matched 2022, so the miles reduction is almost entirely thanks to the increase in % routes ODO
      • SEETHE HATERS
gifrelated.gif

1629563610526.gif

1455245794321.gif

PPH_over_9000

Wait a second 2 trucks????????
it's ridiculousssssss

but the route I squirmed my way into winning is a training route literally right next to the center. 35 miles on average, 55 max-- but I'm only about 8 miles from the building at any given moment.

The first truck is typically all business, airs, schools and and churches.

The second truck normally all resi, call-tags and the super rare pick-up.

When dispatch :censored2:s that pattern up, I do what I can to get the right packages on the right truck.

Before peak, I was going out with about 165 stops, 320-350 pieces. Most days dispatch crammed it all in one truck and it was love. Now though? 210-225 stops, anywhere from 350-450pcs a day. I've seen it above 500 a single time, and I really hated that day, lol. The 23rd, I believe.

Honestly, the numbers can be depressing in the morning but it's an incredibly easy route that I grew up on (like literally, from the womb to right friggin' meow) and I actually enjoy doing. Those two-truck days are pretty demoralizing, though, and they've been pretty gosh darn frequent the past couple of months.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
it's ridiculousssssss

but the route I squirmed my way into winning is a training route literally right next to the center. 35 miles on average, 55 max-- but I'm only about 8 miles from the building at any given moment.

When dispatch :censored2:s that pattern up, I do what I can to get the right packages on the right truck.

Before peak, I was going out with about 165 stops, 320-350 pieces. Most days dispatch crammed it all in one truck and it was love. Now though? 210-225 stops, anywhere from 350-450pcs a day. I've seen it above 500 a single time, and I really hated that day, lol. The 23rd, I believe.

Honestly, the numbers can be depressing in the morning but it's an incredibly easy route that I grew up on (like literally, from the womb to right friggin' meow) and I actually enjoy doing. Those two-truck days are pretty demoralizing, though, and they've been pretty gosh darn frequent the past couple of months.
You are working way too hard my friend. I do 90 - 100 during the year and I wasn’t doing anymore than 140 for peak.

PPH_over_9000

You are working way too hard my friend. I do 90 - 100 during the year and I wasn’t doing anymore than 140 for peak.

I honestly don't work hard at all, lol.

I move a lot of pieces but I don't sweat for a minute of it. As a cover driver, I hated long hours. On this route? I couldn't give a :censored2: if they gave me 14 every day.

I'm at home on my route, dude. Every day I run into folks from high school, people's parents that I haven't seen in decades, friggin' old TEACHERS of mine. It's nuts, man.

Brownwind

it's ridiculousssssss

Wow. You might want to start following the methods. You obviously are still very new to the company. Work safe and protect your knees and back. The handrail is your best friend. Use it and stop skipping steps

PPH_over_9000

Wow. You might want to start following the methods. You obviously are still very new to the company. Work safe and protect your knees and back. The handrail is your best friend. Use it and stop skipping steps

I'd love for you to actually inquire before jumping to the assumption that I'm skipping anything.

What do you think I don't do? What do you think I do recklessly?

Quite literally, the only thing I do that's outside of the methods is sort my 1000's before PCM. Other than that I'm down for 14 any given day despite being on the 9.5 list and management knows it.

I do what I'm able to, as safely as I can, to the best of my abilities whilst following every method that's been made known to me. I'm honestly not trying to flaunt or brag, I'm just trying to explain how simple my route is with a sorted truck and a little bit of area knowledge.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I'd love for you to actually inquire before jumping to the assumption that I'm skipping anything.

Quite literally, the only thing I do that's outside of the methods is sort my 1000's before PCM. Other than that I'm down for 14 any given day despite being on the 9.5 list and management knows it.

I do what I'm able to, as safely as I can, to the best of my abilities whilst following every method that's been made known to me. I'm honestly not trying to flaunt or brag, I'm just trying to explain how simple my route is with a sorted truck and a little bit of area knowledge.
Everyone that’s done my route has been hurt they were doing 80 more stops than me.

Brownwind

You’re skipping the most basic thing. Working off the clock sorting your 1000 section. Do you also come in half hour early?

Did I get it right when I mentioned you’re still new to the company? Still in progression? You mentioned you went from 165 stops. Now you’re over 200 stops. Have you thought about why the huge increase? I’m guessing you sort during your breaks and take your lunch after you get back to the building.

Based on your post I have a feeling you are about 25 and this is your first full time job. Classic example of a good guy but experience might be lacking

PPH_over_9000

You’re skipping the most basic thing. Working off the clock sorting your 1000 section. Do you also come in half hour early?

Did I get it right when I mentioned you’re still new to the company? Still in progression? You mentioned you went from 165 stops. Now you’re over 200 stops. Have you thought about why the huge increase? I’m guessing you sort during your breaks and take your lunch after you get back to the building.

Based on your post I have a feeling you are about 25 and this is your first full time job. Classic example of a good guy but experience might be lacking

Jesus christ, you're off the mark on all but one.

And the one thing you got right? The one thing I spoon fed to you.

Do you really want me to answer those questions or are you hitting me with the rhetorical to pretend like you've presented me with something you think might leave me speechless?

[**Edit: ALL BUT TWO

I'm guilty of post-shift lunch breaks, but I've started taking them at home instead of at the building-- and that's actually in response to a conversation or two I've had on this website.]

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
That's the curse of the 22.4, bruddah.

You cover a route, you get 150% of the normal stop-count if you're LUCKY.

I don't think that curse is going away until we're all at top-rate.
When I was converting I did the same as the other driver. When people cover mine they do 50 more.

PPH_over_9000

When I was converting I did the same as the other driver. When people cover mine they do 50 more.

Well :censored2:, brother, that's life, I guess.

I honestly don't know what to tell y'all. I feel like if I moved any slower on my resi' stops they'd get me for stealing time, and the business moves at a crawl most days anyways. I normally have 30-50 business off by 1300, grab my resi truck by 1325 and average 20-25 stops/hr the rest of the day.

It's like.... it's just EASY. It's an easy route. The only thing that makes it difficult is the volume and the load, but the right loader can make the volume not matter.

Brownwind

Jesus christ, you're off the mark on all but one.

And the one thing you got right? The one thing I spoon fed to you.

Do you really want me to answer those questions or are you hitting me with the rhetorical to pretend like you've presented me with something you think might leave me speechless?
I get it. You come in early, Sort off the clock, Run all day, speed around the neighborhood
, take chances, the sups love you and you will be working preload on Tuesday or on forced layoff but will drive Saturday because you’re awesome.
How’d I do?

PPH_over_9000

I get it. You come in early, Sort off the clock, Run all day, speed around the neighborhood
, take chances, the sups love you and you will be working preload on Tuesday or on forced layoff but will drive Saturday because you’re awesome.
How’d I do?

You're a clown, dude. You just lost all credibility with me, man, and while that likely doesn't matter to you what it does mean is that we'll never have a civil conversation again.

"Working preload," lmao, calm down with your presumptuous bulls.hit.

"sups love you" like they haven't been trying to fire me since my 11th year in this :censored2:

"forced layoff" dawg I've been here so long they don't have to force a thing, they say lay-off and I'm just asking where can i sign up

Do more research, fam. You don't know what you don't know, and you don't know a whole :censored2:in' lot.

PPH_over_9000

Better than being a troll. Just saying….

Shouldn’t you be in bed getting your rest.

Big dog, under no circumstances should you speak to another person you're not familiar with about bed.

I'm kind of worried about your social etiquette, because you're for sure bringing out a side of me that's been stomped for years.

Just sit back and ice your knees, unc. Take a load off. Calm down and stop presuming about people you know nothing about.

Brownwind

You're a clown, dude. You just lost all credibility with me, man, and while that likely doesn't matter to you what it does mean is that we'll never have a civil conversation again.

"Working preload," lmao, calm down with your presumptuous bulls.hit.

"sups love you" like they haven't been trying to fire me since my 11th year in this :censored2:

"forced layoff" dawg I've been here so long they don't have to force a thing, they say lay-off and I'm just asking where can i sign up

Do more research, fam. You don't know what you don't know, and you don't know a whole :censored2:in' lot.
Again. You left a few things out when you were bragging about how easy the job is.
Just curious…. How are you still a cover driver or still on a bulk route after 11years?? Those routes are reserved for rookies