Bomb at Boston Marathon???

InsideUPS

Puts things in perspective. My thoughts are with all those who have been harmed in the explosions.

This latest act of terrorism (domestic or foreign) makes me totally sick. I can't even begin to describe how I feel inside after hearing about and watching the carnage on CNN yesterday evening. I first learned of the attacks while helping unload a trailer on the reload last night. I wanted nothing more than to leave, go home, and learn more about the details of the attack.

The fact that my daughter is an avid runner (X country in high school) and participates in half marathons while in her graduate program at NCU (Tarheels) brings this incident even closer to my heart and mind. She had friends that participated in the Boston Marathon. I can only imagine how it must have been at "ground zero" of the bomb blasts. The thought that my daughter could have been there watching her friends cross the finish line, was something I quickly wanted to erase from my mind. My thoughts about the people that were there is still haunting me as I write this post.

Watching the bombing last night on CNN made me well up with emotions of shock, sadness, disbelief, anger, and disgust. Disgust is the one emotion that remains in my heart about these types of events. In times like these, I am so very grateful for our military, police, FBI, and all criminal and terror related agencies. Each time one of these attacks occur, we all lose some of our freedom and innocence whether we realize it or not.

I truly hope the perpetrators of this most heinous act are caught, tried, and put to death for their crimes against innocent human beings. YES kingOFchester.....somehow this incident does put into perspective some of the minor trials and tribulations that we UPSers face on a daily basis. Having my arms, legs, and life ....in a addition to knowing that my family and friends are safe.............. seems a little more important than being concerned about a co-pay for health insurance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
and it will be dragged out like the FT. Hood shooter ?
If it turns out to be the Saudi national who's here on a student visa.........justice will be swift.....Holder will give him a diploma and 'O' will get him a job !!
This is not "mamby-pamby" time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There will be ample opportunity to gore the appropriate ox when the investigation produces results. Until then it is all conjecture.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's not bigotry.....it's the history of our so called 'swift justice'....If and when the guilty party is found.....it'll be years and years before anthing is done. We put people on death row and they are there for years......maybe Florida is a bit of an exception.......Bundy is gone.....but Scott Peterson still gets love letters from stupid women.
Scott should have been put to death years ago.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Back Bay crime scene area shut down - Boston News, New England News, WHDH-TV 7NEWS WHDH.COM

The mile long stretch is about three blocks wide. The scene will be combed over for clues. Boylston will be closed from Berkeley to Massachusetts Avenue.
All side streets along Boylston Street will also be closed from Huntington Avenue to Newbury Street. Buildings will be inaccessible while the crime scene is active. The city was working to provide shelter services to any displaced residents.
The area has been shut down whether you are a resident of the area, worker there or are staying in a nearby hotel, as no one is permitted within the crime scene perimeter.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Waco,,Columbine Virginia Tech, Oklahoma City, Titanic, fall of Berlin Hitler's Birthday ,,Jackie Robinson, Fed Tax due, start of American Revolution all happened in April strange!!!!!!
All these major American events seem to happen in April !!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Boston Marathon Explosion

Police in every town along the Marathon route are checking all trash cans .

Perhaps we should form and train a neighborhood watch program consisting of homeless people to do this since they are looking through trashcans constantly.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Waco,,Columbine Virginia Tech, Oklahoma City, Titanic, fall of Berlin Hitler's Birthday ,,Jackie Robinson, Fed Tax due, start of American Revolution all happened in April strange!!!!!!
All these major American events seem to happen in April !!!

All to have May flowers.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Warning very graphic.

LiveLeak.com - Boston Marathon very graphic pictures

Also, site has many videos in different angles of the explosions.

Edit, they are saying now there were only two bombs.

Yeah, those are pretty terrible. I would recommend most people DO NOT click that link. There are certain things nobody needs to see, and after having looked at all those photos, I would say to leave it be.

You can't Un-see things like that.

Johney

Dam that is bad. You sure aren't going to see that on CNN. A couple of those people must have been right next to the garbage can containing the bomb.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Yeah, those are pretty terrible. I would recommend most people DO NOT click that link. There are certain things nobody needs to see, and after having looked at all those photos, I would say to leave it be.

You can't Un-see things like that.

I understand your statement.

Yet this is why I love the internet, the vast media on the web that will never be on the news. These photos will be something to reflect on in the future.

As what moreluck said, the sound and impact of the explosion was more like an IED, just smaller in size. Sure, pipe bomb can be used, but IED in my opinion is a better name for it.

Improvised explosive device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Johney

Bombs made from pressure cookers with ball bearings inside ??? Seen in Afghanistan too???
Not even close. I heard it was possibly black powder or fireworks grade explosives not military grade(C-4). Oddly enough low tech, but enough to cause serious harm. I had also heard reports that Al-Queda has claimed no responsibility.

oldngray

nowhere special
Re: Boston Marathon Explosion

Perhaps we should form and train a neighborhood watch program consisting of homeless people to do this since they are looking through trashcans constantly.

Make them do that as a condition of getting any government assistance. They can be our canaries.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Cowboy Hat-Wearing Man Helping Boston Bombing Victims Is Father of Fallen Soldier, Peace Activist: Here’s His Story | Video | TheBlaze.com

Carlos Arredondo is his name. Theres some videos on this page that shows him holding an American flag covered in blood and him talking with people and shaking from shock. He also uses the term IED. Hes the guy in the cowboy hat rushing off the poor soul that had his legs taken out. Hell of a story behind him, hell of an American to be jumping right into it to help.