Bonus drivers

705red

Browncafe Steward
I just heard from another steward that ups is planning on taking away the bonus from van drivers. Ups says their not entitled to bonus, has any one else hear anything on this. Is it done this way in your centers?

Hangingon

Whats a van driver? An air driver? I'd love to be a van driver, I could just leave the other 250 packages that won't fit in the van on the belt, and I'd be perfectly happy with no bonus (probably since I average 2 hours over!).

705red

Browncafe Steward
Whats a van driver? An air driver? I'd love to be a van driver, I could just leave the other 250 packages that won't fit in the van on the belt, and I'd be perfectly happy with no bonus (probably since I average 2 hours over!).
No a regular ftime package driver but out of the 24 ft van.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
If they take the bonus away, it's not automatically going to give you more routes. We had (one center split into a new facility) one of our centers go away from bonus. Nothing changed except it was always a "paid by the hour" day, nothing extra if you got done early (if the bonus allowed that is). Slow down the drivers? No, not really either. Our bonus all dried up after the "we switched from paper to diad, so we need to tighten the allowances". Still guys nowadays who still run their butts off. Even rookies who bust their butts all day and don't even make scratch. Funny how they ask why I make alot more then them (besides towing the TP60). I get about an hour of OT a day, they get none. That one hour makes a difference. Funny how by the time I'm done, they're scratch running themselves dead on my route and I'm losing to it by an hour. I feel fine (even though I'm doing a heavy business/industrial type route) and am older and have catagorized disabilities in my back. I just go at a good click and keep the customers happy.

30andout

Our routes changed and we still have a few drivers that can get almost two hours bonus a day. Then there are some routes you can run your butt off and not get any. How the heck can you run 2 hours early every day and management doesn't look at it?

Griff

Whats a bonus center? It takes me 9.5 to do a 8 hour plan day.

This is why bonus is a complete joke, the numbers are juiced more than Barry Bonds. These people are getting absolutely screwed on their checks because bonus only pays out what UPS says the day should have taken. I've filled in for some bonus runners while they are on vacation and their trips easily have 10-11hrs of work on there everyday and UPS claims it's 8.5-9. Better believe my paycheck is correct after I run their trip because I pull back into the hub just before the airwall shuts down. They strip like 40 stops off it the next day usually, yet the planned day still prints out the same. ;]

busterb

CPU (cargo package unit) drivers do not recieve bonus at our center even though they are considered package delivery drivers, they use semi trailers or vans.

Dagoof

I think bonuses should be done with. drivers who bonus a half an hour a day make about 3000 dollars a year more than drivers who cant bonus even if they cheated their lunch skipped their tens, and ran a helper off the books.

I think bonuses should be done with. drivers who bonus a half an hour a day make about 3000 dollars a year more than drivers who cant bonus even if they cheated their lunch skipped their tens, and ran a helper off the books.
I might believe that if you had said no one was working over time.

some1else

When set-up correctly bonus is a good way to get productivity. some of the routes here if you move it (not running) you can make an hour or so. or you can dick around be stuck at work another hour, and get paid the same. its a much better incentive to get people to move faster than screaming at them.

unfortunately it works out like some above say. some routes you can get 1-2hrs, another working the same pace you will run over...

When set-up correctly bonus is a good way to get productivity. some of the routes here if you move it (not running) you can make an hour or so. or you can dick around be stuck at work another hour, and get paid the same. its a much better incentive to get people to move faster than screaming at them.

unfortunately it works out like some above say. some routes you can get 1-2hrs, another working the same pace you will run over...

But promotes dishonesty.