Bonus....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I used to average about an hour and a half of bonus a day. Then along came 5.8, Pas/EDD, keyless, google time study etc. now I average an hour and a half of bonus a day.

jaker

trolling
Also remember bonus is not a set dollar amount , just because you beat your route by an hour doesn't mean you get a hour extra pay

rod

Retired 22 years
All I know is if it wasn't advantageous for UPS they wouldn't have it. It wouldn't have made any difference for me because I was always over allowed. Just the way the route was-----had nothing to do with me and my delivery methods.

BrownChoice

Lots of times, it may not be the driver but its just the route , is a bonus route. Some routes you can literally crawl and still make bonus. Others you could sprint and still come out over-allowed. This is fact.

BrownChoice

And also, i disagree with bonus not benefiting the company, because it most certainly can and does.

Overtime pays more than bonus, and the company also can fudge numbers by ignorant new drivers not understanding bonus completely...much like myself, until today thanks to this forum.

Bonus also causes bonus-baby drivers to cut corners like many have mentioned. The company also knows this as well. Take all that and with the eventual time studies on bonus ROUTES, drivers still will run and a route you used to walk and make 2 hours bonus, you have to run to make ANY bonus, which in turn can end up the company screw balling itself by paying drivers excessive over-time who dont run.

But alas, im sure overall, Bonus still benefits the company in the majority of centers who've still got it.

Hell, Im happy just being less than an hour OVER. Hahah

BrownChoice

Theres lots of variables to make valid points on bonus. I've found centers who dont have it, dream about it, and centers who do, some hate it. Hmm

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No wiggle room here. In a bonus center, under allowance is paid at time and half. .23 hours and 2.3 hours are paid the same rate.

Anyone not getting that, should talk to their steward.

Sent using a Potato
In some areas bonus is paid at the straight time rate. I have no idea why that is.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Lots of times, it may not be the driver but its just the route , is a bonus route. Some routes you can literally crawl and still make bonus. Others you could sprint and still come out over-allowed. This is fact.
On my old route I was consistently an hour to an hour and a half over allowed on a daily basis. Was in the center manager's office frequently and had numerous rides with on cars to try to get me to move faster.
Bid on my current satellite route and typically run about 1 1/2 hours bonus a day. Nothing changed but the route. Probably moving a little slower as get up there in age and physical condition.
Went from being one of the least best to the middle of the pack just with different allowances.

aiian

It's paid out at the reg. rate here.

Why would I skip my lunch and run around all day for 33 bucks when I could have made 5O by doing :censored2: the right way.

Overpaid Union Thug

If time studies were done correctly (including taking all breaks) and if drivers did their jobs correctly we wouldn't have people getting an hour or more of bonus every day. In general neither is done so we are stuck in our current predicament.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MaceFremonti

Early 90s made 2 hours bonus a day on 120 stops 35 pickups.

Early 2000s made an hour of bonus a day on 120 stops 35 pickups

2010 made 0 bonus on 120 stops 35 pickups.

Peak 2012 under 8 on 180 stops 35 pickups.

Early 2013 went to Feeders.

It was nice while it lasted.

aiian

Around here they have to. It's funny how no one questions how he did 2O stops while on break.

Forget to put your lunch in the board on the under hand... you'll be in the center manager's office first thing in the morning.