Boots for driving?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've been wearing Timberland's White Ledge boot for the past 5 years or so. Light, polishable, and very comfortable. Been getting about 2 years out of each pair.
theti108674_26926_jb.jpg

brownrodster

This is a dumb question but do they now allow you to wear shoes that are unpolishable? Man - unshined shoes were the end of the world when I was there.:peaceful:

I have never shined my shoe or boot in my life and never plan on doing so.
I suppose it entirely depends on the local management.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Where'd ya find this one at???

I've bought them from Sketchers.com as well as shoes.com. Shoes.com offers 22% off w/free shipping and returns through the employee discounts at UPSer's.com. Sketcher sight also offers free shipping and has periodic promos once they get your email address.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've bought them from Sketchers.com as well as shoes.com. Shoes.com offers 22% off w/free shipping and returns through the employee discounts at UPSer's.com. Sketcher sight also offers free shipping and has periodic promos once they get your email address.

Thanks BH, I'll follow up on that advice. There's nothing better than comfortable feet.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just bought these and man are they comfortable. They are slip resistant and Ideal for urgent walking. They are Brooks addiction walkers. A bit pricey, but worth every penny. I'll let you know how long they last.

Cementups

Box Monkey
you overpaid. I could have got those for $58 with free shipping. they are $72 on Zappos right now and I have a friend who works there and gets me anothe 20% off.

cna you believe though that on UPSers.com they jsut made a big announcement about UPS and Zappos for better service for their product......but we still don't get a flippin' discount from them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
you overpaid. I could have got those for $58 with free shipping. they are $72 on Zappos right now and I have a friend who works there and gets me anothe 20% off.

cna you believe though that on UPSers.com they jsut made a big announcement about UPS and Zappos for better service for their product......but we still don't get a flippin' discount from them.

I got the new model, check your model year.....that's the difference in price.......mine come with 3 year bumper to bumper or 36,000 miles. Besides, I'm supporting the in town Mom & Pop.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

zappos did not have my size 11 4e
steve may have a big one too so he had to pay more?
guys with a small one may not have to pay as much...good for you! :happy-very:

P

pickup

Redwings all the way! I have lowcuts for the summer months that are comfy and waterproof.The soles are slip proof,which is a great safety option. Purchased their top of the line 8 inch high top boots for the winter and love them. Wouldn't purchase anything but Redwings, they are pricey, but when your feet are your career you can't afford to skimp!! Another plus is that they are made in the good old USA.

store i went to had the same price for red wing boots and red wing shoes. (around 140) . I asked the owner with whom I am friends, why are the shoes as expensive as the boots and he said that the boots were made in china and the shoes were made in the u.s.a. . I checked the labels on the display models that I had in my hand and he was correct.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just bought these and man are they comfortable. They are slip resistant and Ideal for urgent walking. They are Brooks addiction walkers. A bit pricey, but worth every penny. I'll let you know how long they last.

I thought you were a feeder driver? The only "urgent walking" the feeder drivers in our building do is to the breakroom or the bathroom.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Thanks for the recommendation Steve.
I bought a pair of these - Dark brown.
They are very comfortable and light.
I have a high arch so I added a heel and arch support, which I do with all shoes.
These shoes are very deep in the back (heel) and you still get the Achilles heel support and no slipping up and down like most shoes when I add the heel/arch support.
I walk 2 – 3 miles a day (okay, I know that’s nothing compared to a package driver) and these shoes perform very well.