Boy are we in for it!

letticesandwich

At a PCM last week, an on-road sup asked drivers that had routes with storage facilities to talk to him. The on-road said due to the building limitations, they would shuttle out the 7000 and 8000 sections of routes to the storage to be picked up for delivery. Great!

Talking with another driver he suggested something that would be cool. Create dedicated pickups routes. Can't deliver much if you have a wall of pickups in an already full truck. Plus extra time from not breaking off and driving 10 minutes away to start pickups. It won't happen I think, no way they send out a truck to just do pickups, especially at peak.

wayfair

swollen member
At a PCM last week, an on-road sup asked drivers that had routes with storage facilities to talk to him. The on-road said due to the building limitations, they would shuttle out the 7000 and 8000 sections of routes to the storage to be picked up for delivery. Great!

Talking with another driver he suggested something that would be cool. Create dedicated pickups routes. Can't deliver much if you have a wall of pickups in an already full truck. Plus extra time from not breaking off and driving 10 minutes away to start pickups. It won't happen I think, no way they send out a truck to just do pickups, especially at peak.

That's what we've done the past few peak's... I have 3 pickups that can blow my truck out and we worked to get a plan set so the 100-150 customers left after 5 pm pickups can be serviced.

S

selfcancelsignal

Make scratch, I haven't attempted to do that in probably 10 years with imaginary numbers. Try to stay an hour under, that seems to be the happy spot staying off the radar nowadays. If im more than hour over, oh well life goes on, always tomorrow lol.
You know it!

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center does sweeps of our bulk pickups (UPS Store, MBE, etc) to not only help the driver(s) but to get the work back to the center to be processed.

My Peak would be so much smoother if I didn't have to worry about the above two pickups.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A lot of factors go into the raise of stop count though. One of the biggest factors is the use of DIAD compared to 20+ years ago when writing on paper.

When I started my last route it went out with 90 stops a day. 7 years later I was doing 150-160 stops. The driver that bumped me off it though cries if he has 135 stops.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Volume is expected to be so heavy it has been announced that many buildings in the Metro Atlanta area Employee Parking will be replaced with 'Peak Villages' and employees will be shuttled to and from work.
I shall be eating crow for ridiculing the Louisville employees for protesting this same situation during contract negotiations

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
its ridiculous that they wont put money into the centers and either build more centers or make the centers larger. they do everything so freakin ghettofied its freakin ridiculous

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They need to Invest now,for the future.

"Build it and they will come" only works in the movies.

Amazon has already indicated that they intend to shift more of their volume to the Post Office (huge mistake).

Excess capacity and under utilization of existing facilities is almost as bad as not having enough room.

MDU's and other temporary facilities are the most cost efficient way to handle Peak.

oldngray

nowhere special

Amazon has already indicated that they intend to shift more of their volume to the Post Office (huge mistake).

Excess capacity and under utilization of existing facilities is almost as bad as not having enough room.

MDU's and other temporary facilities are the most cost efficient way to handle Peak.

There are many brand new empty warehouses around here. There were huge tax incentives to build when there were already many sitting vacant. That was because of government trying to encourage growth so those companies made money even on empty warehouses and not rational business decisions though.

Our center,Is blown out now. no extra people,no extra package cars.

What are we to do? when peak comes?