Boy Scouts

rod

Retired 22 years
I wish they allowed girls back when I was a Boy Scout. I never did like cooking my own meals or cleaning up after myself when I was a Scout. (And that little pup tent would have been a whole lot warmer)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If they would have adopted this policy 50+ years ago I may have stayed in scouts a little while longer.
Webelos would have had a whole different meaning.

oldngray

nowhere special
photos-95.jpg

BrownArmy

In fact, both organizations are suffering from lack of participation: $ is way down.

It's just business.

The girls in Girl Scouts were always complaining that GS was super-boring and was all about cookies, while the Boy Scouts were hiking and mountaineering, etc.

It makes financial sense for the two organizations to merge. Maybe?

ipads iphones television etc.

If we're honest, we should support any situation that will get boys and girls off the couch and away from screens.

If the Boi-Scouts simply fail (financially), how does that further the mission of, whatever-the-friend the mission of the Boy Scouts is?

We school our children in co-ed situations, why is it so unimaginable that the girls want to go camping as well?

Maybe they're just sick of pimping themselves out to sell cookies.

vantexan

In fact, both organizations are suffering from lack of participation: $ is way down.

It's just business.

The girls in Girl Scouts were always complaining that GS was super-boring and was all about cookies, while the Boy Scouts were hiking and mountaineering, etc.

If we're honest, we should support any situation that will get boys and girls off the couch and away from screens.

If the Boi-Scouts simply fail (financially), how does that further the mission of, whatever-the-friend the mission of the Boy Scouts is?

We school our children in co-ed situations, why is it so unimaginable that the girls want to go camping as well?

The result of the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts merging? Little baby scouts!

Serf

It's just business.

Agree. The membership was steadily declining. They had to do something. IMO, it still won't be enough. It won't go away completely. It will just be hollowed, watered down, fringe elements.
Like when the Church contradicts itself on its principles so to not turn away potential parishioners. It alienates it's members. Or when the military says women can serve in combat roles. All in the name of equality.