Boy Scouts

vantexan

Kids :censored2:ing was never at the forefront of my concerns with this decision. I was involved with the Civil Air Patrol a long time ago and that was never an issue.

For me at least, my opposition to this stems from seeing yet another male space invaded and destroyed in the name of equality and inclusion.
No mile high club in the C.A.P.?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
As a former Scout Master I have mixed feelings about it. It is very difficult being in charge of adolescent boys. Also you always needed 2 deep leadership for your own protection as well as the scouts. How do you add and lead girls? Get an additional 2 women leaders? We were a very active and physical troop: rock climbing, back packing, long range canoeing etc. We pack packed large parts of the AT, the Adirondacks, Philmont New Mexico and canoed the boundary waters in Minnesota.
I have to say our guides for the first day of 13 in New Mexico were teenage girls. If they can do it and work out the leadership I guess it is OK.
Philmont.jpg

It will be fine

As a former Scout Master I have mixed feelings about it. It is very difficult being in charge of adolescent boys. Also you always needed 2 deep leadership for your own protection as well as the scouts. How do you add and lead girls? Get an additional 2 women leaders? We were a very active and physical troop: rock climbing, back packing, long range canoeing etc. We pack packed large parts of the AT, the Adirondacks, Philmont New Mexico and canoed the boundary waters in Minnesota.
I have to say our guides for the first day of 13 in New Mexico were teenage girls. If they can do it and work out the leadership I guess it is OK.View attachment 192813
They are setting up separate troops just for girls. They aren’t making it co-ed. Why is this so confusing. Every post in the tread is failing to understand the distinction. It’s going to be Girl Scouts, but with actual scouting not just cookie sales.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They are setting up separate troops just for girls. They aren’t making it co-ed. Why is this so confusing. Every post in the tread is failing to understand the distinction. It’s going to be Girl Scouts, but with actual scouting not just cookie sales.
But.... isn't the Trumpesque overreaction the new fad?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
this is crazy. boys have already been feminized for the last generation. The scouts already have had a coed unit called the Explorers for over 40 years. There is no reason to let girls in the Boys scouts when they have their own ; girl scouts.

If you study history , this is one of the reasons why the Roman Empire failed......when every thing goes ....then everything.......goes .... America has been on the downward slope since the beginning of the 60's. It's just been gaining more downward speed.

It will be fine

this is crazy. boys have already been feminized for the last generation. The scouts already have had a coed unit called the Explorers for over 40 years. There is no reason to let girls in the Boys scouts when they have their own ; girl scouts.

If you study history , this is one of the reasons why the Roman Empire failed......when every thing goes ....then everything.......goes .... America has been on the downward slope since the beginning of the 60's. It's just been gaining more downward speed.
If the Girl Scouts offered a better scouting program they would have nothing to worry about. Their focus is on cookie sales however.

What happened in the 60’s that makes you believe that was the pinnacle of american greatness? Could it be civil rights, all downhill from there?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
E3965FC5-DD74-40A8-9169-A96F672E164C.jpeg

Got the badge to prove it

Nolimitz

Aren't scout varsity teams co ed?
The "venture Scouts" are Co-ed not sure about varsity
All outings required at least one adult female leader. My son's troop was also very active throughout the PNW. He became an Eagle scout a few years back. Both my son and daughter were Venture Scouts for bout a year.

vantexan

If the Girl Scouts offered a better scouting program they would have nothing to worry about. Their focus is on cookie sales however.

What happened in the 60’s that makes you believe that was the pinnacle of american greatness? Could it be civil rights, all downhill from there?
Hmmm...could it be....SATAN???!!!!! I'd say it was the proliferation of drugs but way to go with the liberal all encompassing racism angle.