Bribing Manager?

It will be fine

Air brakes = Class A CDL unless some states do it different. I believe that is everywhere but I have seen CDL's from other states that had different guidelines than the state I live in.
It goes by weight. Under 26k lbs it doesn’t matter what type of brakes the truck has.

Oldfart

It goes by weight. Under 26k lbs it doesn’t matter what type of brakes the truck has.
I would imagine a 26ft straight truck would be 26k lbs. Might not be.

I saw a Class D CDL not long ago. The guy previously drove a beer truck in another state that was rated above 26k lbs but didn't have air brakes. My state doesn't even have Class D CDL. It gets pretty confusing when crossing state lines.

It will be fine

I would imagine a 26ft straight truck would be 26k lbs. Might not be.

I saw a Class D CDL not long ago. The guy previously drove a beer truck in another state that was rated above 26k lbs but didn't have air brakes. My state doesn't even have Class D CDL. It gets pretty confusing when crossing state lines.
Most straight trucks are rated under 26k to avoid needing a CDL A or B. They go over when they have dual axles on the back. Looks like you’re right with states getting weird on air brakes but I don’t think the federal regulations require an endorsement.

Oldfart

Most straight trucks are rated under 26k to avoid needing a CDL A or B. They go over when they have dual axles on the back. Looks like you’re right with states getting weird on air brakes but I don’t think the federal regulations require an endorsement.
Our bob trucks have 26k tags and air brakes. Some of our 900 have 20k tags and some have 16k tags. My reach has "semi" tags on it. I pointed that out to my manager and my brother the mechanic. They both called vehicle administration and got the run a round. I know that isn't correct but it's not my citation. I imagine keeping tags straight on 45k or more vehicles can be a nightmare.