Bricking out trucks

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Orion?! Lol, if we are lucky here we can actually GET EDD by start time, usually it’s still not released because of late shuttles and whatnot.
You don’t look at the computer in the morning to see what areas you have, air etc? If I have resi irregs on a business route and I have time to get rid of them barely breaking trace, I’ll knock all of them out. I’d rather just look at the pkg and put it where I need it myself instead of fighting it all day.

Last edited:

Brisket

You don’t look at the computer in the morning to see what areas you have, air etc? If I have resi irregs on a business route and I have time to get rid of them barely breaking trace, I’ll knock all of them out. I’d rather just look at the pkg and put it where I need it myself instead of fighting it all day.

Of course I look at it, to see what areas I have, but I get rid of the air, then the irregs or bulk, but don’t really worry about following trace. I agree that once the irregs are done, you can work much easier in the truck.

brostalss

What used to piss me off is when they put all my air in the cab and drivers seat and left no room on the one thousand shelf to put.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I'm getting conflicting messages at work and not sure what to do at the end of preload.

Usually when we finish the last trailer, most of the preloaders are cut before the air truck gets there, including me.

I used to leave all of the oversized and bulk stuff stacked out so that the drivers could walk in their trucks to load the air properly.

However the drivers started complaining about having to load all of this stuff, so the new set of instructions were to just "brick the trucks out" and the drivers could just figure out what they wanted to do with air.

Now a week later I'm getting in trouble for bricking the trucks out, PT sup coming up to me looking at the truck and saying "how is the driver supposed to load his air when he can't even walk through the truck."

WTF am I supposed to do? Is there any official instructions about this b/c my seems to change his tune on a daily basis.
Ask the Manager how he will do it !!

Siveriano

Whatever you do be assure that ill use it to my benefit.
Loader didnt finish loading the truck? cool, 45 minutes AM time.
Loader bricked out my truck? cool 40 minutes after airs trying to find my first stop.

rod

Retired 22 years
Also, communicate with your divers about what’s going on. A lot of guys will attempt to use you to, once again, deflect blame for their poor production. You need to talk to your drivers. Let them know what’s going on. Let them know what you’re being directed to do. Ask them what THEY want; air loaded or in a tub outside the truck? If I’m covering a route for a whole week I usually tell the loader on Monday to leave the irregs out all week and let me load them myself. The loader has absolutely no way to determine where Orion has us going at what time.
Communicate, communicate communicate. With all parties. If you continue to get bagdered for quality go right up to the center manager and explain the situation. “I really like it here and I want to do a good job.” If they start playing games with you, your only option is to play right back
Any scratches, dents or broken mirrors--Blame car washer/spotter
Bad numbers for the day---blame pre-loader
This is just basic UPS Driver 101 stuff.

Always has been-always will be.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm getting conflicting messages at work and not sure what to do at the end of preload.

Usually when we finish the last trailer, most of the preloaders are cut before the air truck gets there, including me.

I used to leave all of the oversized and bulk stuff stacked out so that the drivers could walk in their trucks to load the air properly.

However the drivers started complaining about having to load all of this stuff, so the new set of instructions were to just "brick the trucks out" and the drivers could just figure out what they wanted to do with air.

Now a week later I'm getting in trouble for bricking the trucks out, PT sup coming up to me looking at the truck and saying "how is the driver supposed to load his air when he can't even walk through the truck."

WTF am I supposed to do? Is there any official instructions about this b/c my seems to change his tune on a daily basis.
Do what ever they say even though it will change daily. If you aren't married, yep, that's it.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

The best thing to do as a preloader is stop caring, you’ll never be able to please all the drivers you load for. Just listen to music/podcasts & use your best judgment on bulk.

Days

This is what I hate. Sups will give you 2-3 commands that conflict each other and then get mad at any outcome.

Can’t win. Robots don’t work for them yet. They’re gonna have to deal with imperfections. Don’t throw the package, but I can’t reach the 2000 shelf and you don’t want me to stack it out.

And if I don’t put it in order the driver won’t be able to find it and then you’ll hear about it the next day.

Brisket

I always put the hand cart in the cab at the beginning of the shift.
I have NO idea what the drivers do with it after that, because by the time I'm done it sure as hell isn't going back to the cargo.

As long as I can get the cart just inside the bulkhead door I’m good, lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hopefully the trucks you load are bid routes. If so, ask each driver which they prefer. If not. Let the supervisor know.

Dude I used to go through this exact scenario. Here’s what you do to cya:
At the end of the day, before you finish wrapping, you grab a sup and tell them to come over to your truck. You ask them to direct you on how to load the rest of your truck. You make it clear that you don’t want to get in trouble, and that you need direction to correctly wrap and finish your day. Period. If they wanna friend with you because they over dispatched the driver and are looking to deflect the blame, you let them decide what you should do.

yeah sounds like one of my Sunday trucks.
This is what I hate. Sups will give you 2-3 commands that conflict each other and then get mad at any outcome.

Can’t win. Robots don’t work for them yet. They’re gonna have to deal with imperfections. Don’t throw the package, but I can’t reach the 2000 shelf and you don’t want me to stack it out.

And if I don’t put it in order the driver won’t be able to find it and then you’ll hear about it the next day.

A supe told me the other night to lip everything and not stack in back. On a 377 package truck. Uh. Yeah.

For whatever reason tires came of the belt first the other night. I had 3 pairs marked LFL. Supe came by and told me don't stack them out put them in LFL and get them out of the way. Uh. Yeah.