Bricking out trucks

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I do that everyday. I’m usually 40 minutes late out of the building reloading everything. If they don’t care about the preloaders getting the job done right I’m doing it right then and there before the sun bakes the back.
I was the last driver out of the building one day last week because I had the exact scenario going on. I couldn’t find an air and the isle was totally bricked with 7000s on top of 2000’s. I started cracking up and literally unbricked the middle one by one, found the missing air which was a heavy box buried in the very middle bottom of that mess. OCS came over fuming for a second and we made eye contact and I gave him the “wtf do you want me to do” angry look. He said “you’re commits are noon on this route right?” I said yes, he walked away. Good times

PTPeanuts

What time do you start, and when do you finish?

Hmmm I don't want to give too much info away but we start very early and get over 5 hours every single day.
We are cut by 9 when the drivers get on the clock and things still aren't done usually.
I've been waiting for volume to go down for months and it just isn't happening. If things are this bad now I don't want to think about what peak is going to be like.

I do that everyday. I’m usually 40 minutes late out of the building reloading everything. If they don’t care about the preloaders getting the job done right I’m doing it right then and there before the sun bakes the back.

I think the majority of preloaders honestly try to do the job right but the bottom line is that they simply don't give us enough time and space to get it done the right way. Every day we come in and are given an impossible task.

The Driver

I drive.
I always put the hand cart in the cab at the beginning of the shift.
I have NO idea what the drivers do with it after that, because by the time I'm done it sure as hell isn't going back to the cargo.

I buckle mine in the passenger side like it's going for an OJS with me

Hmmm I don't want to give too much info away but we start very early and get over 5 hours every single day.
We are cut by 9 when the drivers get on the clock and things still aren't done usually.
I've been waiting for volume to go down for months and it just isn't happening. If things are this bad now I don't want to think about what peak is going to be like.

I think the majority of preloaders honestly try to do the job right but the bottom line is that they simply don't give us enough time and space to get it done the right way. Every day we come in and are given an impossible task.

I have the same 3 trucks every night. I know how the drivers want them loaded and I know the stops. Problem is occasionally a bored supe will come by around 8 and tell the belt to pack it up to "save time" even though I know with an hour to go there is still irregs and a stop missing that will definitely be coming down the belt. That's how you end up with 7000s on top of 2000s. A supe who has never really loaded a truck telling us (those who care) how to do the job. Stood there with the driver this morning. Sure enough an oversized irreg came down the belt at 855. Had to take the boxes out to get it in.

UPSER1987

I have strict instructions never to load bulk/brick out my car. I'm in a P57 and want to load bulk in a specific order. When the loaders do it I'll toss it all out and reload it. I don't need the OT and my route is too big to just run bulk. Though at times I have to.

Your route fits in a p57? I’d be the quietest guy in the building

Any other preloaders constantly mix up RDR and RDL?
I don't know what it is.

Looking into the truck - RDR is on the right and RDL is on the left. Same with MFL and MFR. FDL and FDR are often named LDL and LDR but it's the same thing. If you get your load sheets they are not always accurate. My sheet last night had RDL as 2 boxes but came in at 40 on a bulk stop. Of course a supe came by and asked me why I was stacking out RDL. The size of the truck doesn't matter. If you have 350+ you have to make it fit. I know it is frustrating but it's the way it is. From my experiences (assuming you care) most of the mistakes are made in the early loading. If you know the truck has 350+ then don't put the big boxes on the shelf because you know you are going to brick out. Plan on bricking out early. It varies on every load. I can't be anymore specific than that.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
We're a center with a lot of rural routes. Lots of P57s. I'm one of the 4 most remote rural routes. We spend 1.5-2 hours a day just driving to and from center. Then add all the miles on the rural deliveries. 100 stops can be over a 10 day depending on which deliveries I have for the day. Hell I've had days where 90 stops took me almost 11 hours. Only 130 pieces but 170 miles. Which is a rarity. Usually in the 120-140. There's 2 pickups that bounce between two of us. If we pickup air it's a 50 minute round trip to drop.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
This is what we usually see everyday. But sometimes when all the at home distributers get their stuff in one day you get packed fast.

0731190945a_HDR.jpg