Bring your spouse to work Day...ON TOPIC PRETTY PLEASE

Re-Raise

I preload and after that, I'm a SAHD. It's not working monetarily, but it's rewarding in the sense that I get to see my daughter all day long. It's draining. You think a SAHM has it rough some days? Try doing preload, then chasing an 18 month all day. By the time my lady gets home, the house is in order, the kid is alive and well, the dogs are okay, and there's food coming out of the oven within 30 minutes of her arrival. Then I get the pleasure of hearing how her day was at work and how her day is so much harder than mine....... If only she knew.

Recently, her Mom came down for 3 weeks to help out after my fiancee had surgery for something minor, which involved her not being able to lift for 2 weeks after, thus the help. Her Mom was so tired after she left that she did nothing for 3 days but lay on the couch and rest. My own Mom and cousin came down 2 months prior to that for a few weeks vacation while I covered during season. Both of them were mentally exhausted and don't understand how I can handle it daily. (The secret is I drink a 2 liter of Mountain Dew daily.) Not even an hour after my fiancee gets home do I get the "Can you watch her for a few while I take a break?"... It sickens me.

I look forward to the day I go FT with UPS and can drive and be out of the house for hours. I love my daughter, but man do I need some "me" time every once and a while.
How are you having that much trouble watching one kid? We hire ten year olds to babysit around here for a couple of dollars an hour.

8 Hour Day

My wife is a stay at home with 4 kids! She's a hoss and gorgeous as the day we met. I'd love for her to ride along... I did the stay at home thing with our 1st, so I have a tiny taste of how much harder it is to do that WELL than it is to do our job. I'd get a kick out of seeing her rumbling through 200 stops in freezing rain! LOL

GenericUsername

Re-Raise, she literally is nonstop. At 18 months old, she's basically a sponge and learning everything I can teach her. She's saying close to 50 words right now, some obviously more than others. We taught her to sign at 10 months old for a few basic things. She's on her second day into potty training and has already gone 6 times in it. She also understands up to the number four. I take her to the library and read to her there, we go to the park and play. Some times we go to the beach (Florida) and play there. She loves to take walks down the road by our house with the dogs. Other days we go sit outside the airport and watch the big planes, and other days we go and watch the boats. A typical day for her involves less than an hour nap. On most Sundays, she gets up around 7:30 (mind you, my only day off the whole week) and is nonstop until nap time, which is normally around 1:30. After she gets up, she's nonstop until 9:00 at night.

Think of a puppy and how energetic they are and go go go. That's my kid. She's not the typical little one, that's for sure.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Re-Raise, she literally is nonstop. At 18 months old, she's basically a sponge and learning everything I can teach her. She's saying close to 50 words right now, some obviously more than others. We taught her to sign at 10 months old for a few basic things. She's on her second day into potty training and has already gone 6 times in it. She also understands up to the number four. I take her to the library and read to her there, we go to the park and play. Some times we go to the beach (Florida) and play there. She loves to take walks down the road by our house with the dogs. Other days we go sit outside the airport and watch the big planes, and other days we go and watch the boats. A typical day for her involves less than an hour nap. On most Sundays, she gets up around 7:30 (mind you, my only day off the whole week) and is nonstop until nap time, which is normally around 1:30. After she gets up, she's nonstop until 9:00 at night.

Think of a puppy and how energetic they are and go go go. That's my kid. She's not the typical little one, that's for sure.
I had one just like that. I did it by myself though. Very mentally exhausting because you have to keep them entertained to keep them out of trouble. With multiple children, they keep each other entertained.

Re-Raise

Sounds familiar lol. You'll look back on those days fondly for sure, she sounds awesome!

I have two daughters. Our oldest is completing her Master's in May and the youngest is a sophomore in her undergrad program right now.

I would like to tell you it gets easier...but the teen years can be very interesting. Keep up the good work dad.

clean hairy

Sounds familiar lol. You'll look back on those days fondly for sure, she sounds awesome!

I have two daughters. Our oldest is completing her Master's in May and the youngest is a sophomore in her undergrad program right now.

I would like to tell you it gets easier...but the teen years can be very interesting. Keep up the good work dad.
Do a search for "application to date my Daughter"
Also get a car with this Trunk Monkey option...

clean hairy

Responding to the first post in this thread, it might not be a good idea to bring the spouse if they are a backseat driver!
That could make for one looonnngggg day!

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
First, I shall start off by saying my wife is a badass, being a stay at home mom taking care of our two toddlers. That being said, almost everyday I feel that she thinks what she does is incomparably (is that a word?) more difficult than what us PC drivers do.

We all work 10-12 hours everyday, up and down stairs, cases of wine, Irregs, pickups, time commits. Then I come home and am basically doing all the domestic stuff, while trying to be an upbeat dad, exhausted and beat from toes to forehead.

I just wish, for one day, just 1 day, she could be my helper and really see and physically do what I and the rest of us do. Day in and day out. Anybody else ever have this thought? And for the love of...holy hell, stay on topic!
I'm in feeders. We took a family trip last year and went by the building I go to every night for work. I asked her what she thought of doing that every night. She hasn't bitched at me about anything since. True it's not as bad as package was but it's still pretty exhausting dealing with other drivers for 11 hours a day. With that said, I would rather be doing what I'm doing than dealing with the kids and house work every day. I don't see how she does it.

UPS4Life

And as far as being a helper, my wife would actually love doing it. We've discussed it briefly if she didn't already have a job. The only problem I would have with having her on route with me is seeing the women that flirt with me occasionally. That would not go over well.
So do you introduce her as your wife or keep it professional and say this is my helper [emoji23]. I'm laughing however I don't think she would be lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
So do you introduce her as your wife or keep it professional and say this is my helper [emoji23]. I'm laughing however I don't think she would be lol

Unfortunately for her I anyone who ask who the guy/girl is with me I tell them it's my b1tch for the next 2 months.

brownstreak86

My wife works with kids at a nonprofit. She always says her days are harder and I would not disagree for one minute. She has to keep 10 kids happy all day. I on the other hand have just one supervisor to keep happy, which is a chore and our supervisor acts like a kid most days, but I'd still take her over 10+ kids any day. I would still like my wife to be a helper for awhile and see what life is like in the trenches... Maybe the last peak I am working with UPS?