no work !

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Same thing happening to me. 2nd straight week I'm only going to work 4 days. If it happens again I'm requesting my 8 hours no matter what it is they have me doing. Can't make a living like this.
Sure you can. I’ve been doing it for the last month. I have a big fat chunk in my savings for a rainy day, I can pay my mortgage and all my bills for over a year should anything happen. How bad to you want to be financially comfortable? Enough to eat Carl buddig wonder bread sandwiches for lunch for 2 years? Enough to refrain from any costly leisure activity for 2 years? Sacrifice yourself for a couple years, focus 100% of your energy on saving money. You have to literally sit down and write out a meticulous budget and stick to it no matter what. No ft driver should ever struggle financially, we work too damn hard to not be comfortable

Sure you can. I’ve been doing it for the last month. I have a big fat chunk in my savings for a rainy day, I can pay my mortgage and all my bills for over a year should anything happen. How bad to you want to be financially comfortable? Enough to eat Carl buddig wonder bread sandwiches for lunch for 2 years? Enough to refrain from any costly leisure activity for 2 years? Sacrifice yourself for a couple years, focus 100% of your energy on saving money. You have to literally sit down and write out a meticulous budget and stick to it no matter what. No ft driver should ever struggle financially, we work too damn hard to not be comfortable
Too many full time drivers act like they make 200k...

Too many full time drivers act like they make 200k...
One step at a time....I drive a 2002 Dodge SUV, well taken care of runs like a champ. I’m not buying a nice new rig until I refinance next year and the money I save from the monthly mortgage will go to a new truck. I’m not rich and I’m no genius I just learned to play the game. I didn’t buy a house until I knew I would have 10k after the dp and closing costs. Everything you buy.....one step at a time. I lived like a bum my entire first year and a half or so driving and it’s paid off big time. Get through a couple peaks living cheap then make some moves

21Savage

I'm saying I can't live off working only 4 days a week at $20.50 per hour. Which is what 22.4 pay is here. I can barely survive on that working 40 hours where I live and I'm single with no kids. They sent me home last Friday, I was like ok cool, thought it was a one time thing. But same thing happened again today. If it happens again which I'm sure it will, I'm requesting my 8 hours even if I have to drive for a different center or work inside.

542thruNthru

I'm saying I can't live off working only 4 days a week at $20.50 per hour. Which is what 22.4 pay is here. I can barely survive on that working 40 hours where I live and I'm single with no kids. They sent me home last Friday, I was like ok cool, thought it was a one time thing. But same thing happened again today. If it happens again which I'm sure it will, I'm requesting my 8 hours even if I have to drive for a different center or work inside.

What state you in?

Are you renting? Hard to get anywhere when you are renting a place to yourself. I went through all that in my early 20’s, renting is a huge sham. Do you have friends/family who have rooms available near you? That was the big key for me, I rented out rooms from a couple friends for a few years and it roughed it and everything changed for me. I literally lived off of top ramen, cereal and white bread. I know it’s sucks out there but there are better ways that you can play the game. Renting a house to yourself with a fat payment every month when you first start driving will just have you running in circles constantly trying to play catch-up

Are you qualified and in the union?

542thruNthru

You mean about asking for the guaranteed 8 hours or just in general?

Honestly the best advice is to look like a meek little worker bee till you qualify. Once you do then you can enforce the contract all the way up their ass.

It's just the game we all have to play in the beginning.

Maplewood

I was hired in September. I was one out of 20. After peak season they kept 6 of us, rest were let go after January 15. We were hired as 22.4 drivers. Now since last week we are being sent home everyday. Each day they tell us to come tomorrow. What should I do? Why they kept us if there’s no work. And is work load slow in January?

They had to keep you. You started before October 1st, that means you were not a peak season hire.