no work !

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hassan87, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Hassan87

Hassan87 New Member

I was hired in September. I was one out of 20. After peak season they kept 6 of us, rest were let go after January 15. We were hired as 22.4 drivers. Now since last week we are being sent home everyday. Each day they tell us to come tomorrow. What should I do? Why they kept us if there’s no work. And is work load slow in January?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  2. truckofdreams

truckofdreams Member

Your full time so go get your hours in the building. Bump two junior employees

3. Wrong

Wrong :))

File for your guaranteed 8, they’ll find work for you.
    Also depends if you have made seniority or not. If you haven’t hang in there and take it.

4. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

They laid off the entire building here last Monday

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Yes, things slow down after peak. And @Wrong is correct. The contract says 22.4's are guaranteed 8 hr days on 5 consecutive work days.
    Article 22.4 (b)
    "5. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) con- secutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as sched- uled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a fve (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject."

The question is, are you on the schedule to work those days? If so, you show up, you are guaranteed 8 consecutive hours. If you are not scheduled to work (laid off), then don't show up. If you have unemployment benefits from your state that you are entitled to, then file for those.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

busy as ever here , peak routes are still in ..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

Same here, yesterday was a busy as any day I had in December.. punched out at 2100

8. 9.5. list?

9. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

Starts today!!

10. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

Went from 500 pieces a day during peak back down to 300 today. Life is good!

11. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

That’s more pieces than I do all week , get a rural route

12. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

I literally average 35 stops. I have about 6 parking spots all day. Cake route.

13. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.... they said I could go home today also. ;)

14. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

C10529F2-844E-44A1-AC85-444DF77414CC.gif

15. Skull_Leader

Skull_Leader Member

lol it gets THAT slow around this time?
    That brings context to what's going on.

16. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

FXG here. I'm already done at 1425... I'm not used to getting done this early. Vs peak until close to 0000

17. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Hope you're ready for a double digit paycheck!

18. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

LoL x it's flat rate, so basically I'm bonus for getting done quickly

19. Can't do that junior emplotlye can go to the union and get the man booted out of work because this man was a seasonal hired after peak season he doesn't even have a month of seniority and to boot out other employees would take probably five plus uesrd of senority plus UPS is currently on a company wide hiring freeze so rheyret not letting anyone transfer,work other areas and if therrs

20. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

That's what junior employees means.. less seniority.

Maybe in your building it would take 5 years seniority. Here he could easily bump the lowest seniority PTers.