Brown Cafe Cruise............WELL???

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Come on people, I'm nervously waiting to hear about this cruise. I want the good, the bad and all of those pictures with STUG embedded in the background.:happy2:

fethrs

Yes, I can imagine you are all tired and just wan to unpack and unwind but we are all anxiously awaiting pics.

helenofcalifornia

Am I the first one to post??? Y'all missed the best week ever! You will never meet a bunch of nicer people....EVER! Just the opportunity to meet our guru Cheryl was worth the trip. Tony was funny. Never saw him go down the slide likehe promised. Next time Tony. J., their daughter, turned me and my daughters on to the FREE yogurt and ice cream machine. Did I tell u it was open 24 hours? Did I fail to mention I went up at least one size in shorts? Can't blame that all on the ice cream. Non-stop, unlimited food. Unbelievable. OI was the go to man if there was any questions. He was funny and witty. (there goes my stereotype of feeder drivers!). His wife raked in jewelry during the cruise. Atta girl! Trplnkl and his wife,the salt of the earth. You want to vaca with these people. But, I think it would have to be a place withblackjack or 21.

Dill is another one you would want on a vaca. I didn't see as much of her as the others because she kept so damn busy. Never saw her at the icecream machine. (and I amsorry to say that iswhere I hung out A LOT!

Cayman island, eh, $$$$$$$$. Roatan, Honduras, poor but beautiful beaches.good bargains. Belize, hot, humid, unbelievable Mayan ruins, monkies in trees, crocadiles in the water, good buys but a lot of the same tourist stuff. Cozumel, nice but touristy.

I had a fantastic time. Would have anyway, but going with my brown cafebuddies was the best.
Should the opportunity come up again, I am on board. It's worth it just to meet Cheryl. She is very modest and unassuming about what she has provided for us. You all should meet her. I am one of the lucky few to do so. Tony and her are great together. Ewww, I am getting maudlin now. Yuck.

Anyway, others will be posting in the next few hours I am sure. Don't miss "the boat" next time in not going!

Special place in our heart for Steve. Thanks Steve for all you did for us. You better go next time!! We all missed you and your family this time. I will post more later, but this is all from my phone and is too slow.

Go on the next cruise!!!! You will have a great time.
Later!

helenofcalifornia

Steve, I am going to call you tomorrow night when I get home. I am still in Miami. How do you work in this hot humidity? You are fantastic and an unbelievably generous person for seeing us off last Saturday night. Thanks again and will talk to you manana.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Where to start? I was nervious meeting so many new people for the very 1st time. Not to worry. Everybody was great, and we all had a ball talking about life in our little slice of America. I found out that earthquakes seem to be just something to deal with, and the california folks found out that when a hurricane comes, you just move out of the way of the storm.
The Ship and the Cruise? Carnival knows how to put on a show. With this being our very first cruise, Jane and I just didn't know what to expect. The food was wonderful, our wait staff for dinner was excellent, And the little show the wait staff put on after dinner was out of this world.
I enjoyed putting faces with the screen names. I also found out that having the ONLY UPS bush hat out of 5000 fellow shipmates(that right, 5 grand-3479 guests, and 1430 crew) meant that you really stood out in a crowd.... I was meeting folks from cruise critic .com, and other places that had read about my hat.
I need to finish this up- It has been a long day, and we just got in- Left Miami at 1100, and hit the house at 2100, unpacked the car, and some of the bags, and now the dogs and the cat want attention. Pictures will be coming soon- We took a bunch.......

Mahogany Beach....Roatan
100_0327.jpg
100_0327.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
WOW! What a great vacation! The itinerary was great but the part I liked best was having friends traveling with us.

We had never traveled with a group before but now we know for sure that a cruise is the perfect venue for it.

My only regret about the whole thing is that Steve was unable to join us on the cruise. After all of the time and effort he put into organizing it he definitely deserved to be there. Next time he has to come with us!

I've got a lot of pics and a few videos but I'm not sure who is okay with having their pics posted on the internet.

Last edited:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I tried to get Steve to go into the water but he was too busy posing!!:happy-very:

Kidding aside....the cruise was a lot of fun! Meeting everyone from the B.C. was a blast and the first night dinner meeting was a great way to get acquainted!

Personally I'm ready for another cruise like this and will find it hard to have to wait till next year.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I love cruising, and it looks like you guys all had a great time. I would seriously consider doing something like this if it worked with my vacation schedule.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OMG! What an awesome trip. Stephen, kudos again for all the work you put into setting this up. You will definately have to go on the next one.

I can't even put words down here. I'm exhausted. Will be back later!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I guess you made it back home ok then Cheryl, Tony, Jessica and Dilligaf. We hit home about 9pm, after fighting a thunderstorm and road construction in Georgia. Also, Jane and I do not mind having out pictures posted. After all, it was posted on the whole ship after I lost the camera.
Steve- Thanks for setting up the 1st BC cruise. It was nice meeting you at dinner, and we enjoyed the M&G. As you can see, we did take you along with us.........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I guess you made it back home ok then Cheryl, Tony, Jessica and Dilligaf. We hit home about 9pm, after fighting a thunderstorm and road construction in Georgia. Also, Jane and I do not mind having out pictures posted. After all, it was posted on the whole ship after I lost the camera.
Steve- Thanks for setting up the 1st BC cruise. It was nice meeting you at dinner, and we enjoyed the M&G. As you can see, we did take you along with us.........

I'm not home quite yet. I made a side trip to visit a friend that I haven't seen in awhile..... and I've missed a great deal. I'll be home in a couple of days. :happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just in case anyone missed it, there are 3 dishes there with 2 scoops per dish. It didn't take long for our waiter to figure out what was meant when OI said, "Bring me ice cream.". LMAO!:surprised:

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I didn't have a waterproof camera to take cave tubing but I did find this video that shows the experience. It was amazing!