Brown Cafe Financial Advisors

CoffeeStainedUniform

6.5% and $10000.

401k is at 40% or around $8000 a year. I am part time.
With my other job I make enough to pay down the debt just have not been disciplined.

With the market as high as it is just thinking putting some more toward the credit debt is the way to go.
10k isn't that much if you've got margin on top of the 40%. Get it paid off in 2 months and then stop being an idiot. You shouldn't owe for a boat or a credit card. Stop it, or you'll never get ahead.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
My financial advisor says spend every dime. And every month spend every nickel of the pension and social security.
If there isn't any in the fund next month for you, so what? Everybody goes down.
Live it up. I am.
New Motor Home.
Building a new house at the beach the first of the year.
New truck.

"Your money perishes with you." Acts 8:20 NKJ

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
I know the best option is pay the debt down while maintaining current 401k rate.

I just have this gut feeling that the market is ready to slow. Thinking I could get a head start on the debt and have more funds available to get back in when prices are lower.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I know the best option is pay the debt down while maintaining current 401k rate.

I just have this gut feeling that the market is ready to slow. Thinking I could get a head start on the debt and have more funds available to get back in when prices are lower.

I think you'll feel better not having the debt hanging over you than you would having a few thousand more in a retirement fund.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Depends on your timeline. If you're close to retirement then paying down debt might be the best option, but if you're more than 10 years out (some would say 5) you will get a better return by putting it in the market and leaving it there. Any downturn in the near term will be dwarfed by the gains you will make over the long term.

Depends on your timeline. If you're close to retirement then paying down debt might be the best option, but if you're more than 10 years out (some would say 5) you will get a better return by putting it in the market and leaving it there. Any downturn in the near term will be dwarfed by the gains you will make over the long term.
But it doesn't sound like he has an emergency fund either. Your debt has a guaranteed amount of interest your retirement plan does not

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the best feelings is entering retirement debt free.