Brown Cafe Warning

dragracer66

Last friday at PCM we were told to be carefull about bad mouthing the company online because big brother is always watching!!! So I mentioned this site and my supervisor said yes especially this site!!! Is that the biggest crock of **** you ever heard??? What I do or say off the clock is my business not parcel's.... Unless somebody is doing it on a company computer, but us hourlies don't have a password to do that. Just thought I would pass this along!!! Now they want to take away our constitional right!!!:lol:

{edited my moderator: no foul language please}

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I am in Atlanta and have actually posted my real name once before. I have never had anything said to me. Most everyone uses a made up name, there should be no way UPS would know who post what, unless you went into way too much detail about a particular incident. This is a Discussion Board, we do have freedom of speech, especially when we are off the job.

T

trucker1946

Do not be intimidated,whatever you do or say here is no concern of ups management,they try to get to you by telling you false statements,enjoy life and be happy outside of ups :thumbup1:

hitsomebody

That guy that wears brown
I have a blog completely unrelated to UPS. A few days ago, I made a post where I made a passing mention about the stock price. I was checking my site stats later in the day and lo and behold had several hits from UPS domains and several others from ISP's in the metro Atlanta area. So yeah, I'm sure Big Brother is watching. Also should note that my blog automatically pings the Technorati blog service, I did have a few referral links from here, but was slightly amusing to see that UPS checks up on everything that has "UPS" in a blog post.

dragracer66

Do not be intimidated,whatever you do or say here is no concern of ups management,they try to get to you by telling you false statements,enjoy life and be happy outside of ups :thumbup1:
Hey trucker....I laughed when I heard that and I would love for them to try to do anything about it. As a steward I'd welcome the challenge.. Also trucker I noticed that your in the philly district, so am I so you know they are probably trying to find out who you and I are right now (LOL)!!!

Hey trucker....I laughed when I heard that and I would love for them to try to do anything about it. As a steward I'd welcome the challenge.. Also trucker I noticed that your in the philly district, so am I so you know they are probably trying to find out who you and I are right now (LOL)!!!

Make sure you don’t post libelous messages or post trade secrets or intellectual property of UPS and you’ll be ok.

Otherwise they certainly DO have a legitimate legal interest in identifying you and pursuing it in court.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wouldn't that be the most boring job in the world.....to read everything on the internet and in newspapers & magazines that mentions UPS or United Parcel Service ?? Yawn! ZZZZZZZZZZZ!! :sleep:

trickpony1

Wouldn't that be the most boring job in the world.....to read everything on the internet and in newspapers & magazines that mentions UPS or United Parcel Service ?? Yawn! ZZZZZZZZZZZ!! :sleep:

.......and there are probably several people in the ivory towers that do just that.

J

Joe Friday

I agree with anonymous poster, Make sure you don’t post libelous messages or post trade secrets or intellectual property of UPS and you’ll be ok.

I remember when I first heard about this site. It was 4 or 5 years ago when they gave the address out at the managers feedback meeting. It was given as a recommended resource and most of the management people that I know still use it.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Yep. Look at wal-mart does. They will sue anyone that bad talks the company.... IE the folks that had the web site walmartsucks.org. So much for freedom of speech that the
American Military so diligently fights for.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
If UPS is monitoring this site, how about on the Columbus, OH Day sort, you guys get a compentent supervisor to run the Preload shift? I'm sick of doing day sorts work everyday when I show up. It isn't my responsibility to clean up THERE mess because THEY have personnel issues within their sort.

upsdude

We were told yesterday morning to NOT answer ANY questions about UPS stock. All questions are to be refered to Investor Relations.

Channahon

Corporate PCM's are usually posted on UPSer.com for the management and hourly employees to view. I didn't see anything regarding this site and a PCM. My guess would be someone new visited the site and some posts probably didn't agree with them.

A

an anonymous guest

UPS, like many companies who are interested in protecting patents, trade secrets, brand, intellectual property, and copyrights; subscibes to sophisticated services that search all forms of media for any mention of the company's name. UPS would be negligent not to do so. Its almost as bad as a speaker, not from UPS, showing up a a conference in a UPS uniform purchased on EBAY, which happened once, but not again.

I am not a corporate spy by the way. Just an old, dumb retired UPSer.

Go UPS!
P71

over9five

Staff member
Isn't there a program that can glean our IP address from our posts? I swear someone did that before (Susie, maybe?)

Then it would be a simple matter to compare BrownCafe IPs to known IPs at UPSers.com. Do they know who we all are already?

LKLND3380

Next they will implant a chip in all the employees with GPS like the new Diads but will record your website visits and thoughts...:w00t:

trickpony1

Isn't there a program that can glean our IP address from our posts? I swear someone did that before (Susie, maybe?)

Then it would be a simple matter to compare BrownCafe IPs to known IPs at UPSers.com. Do they know who we all are already?

I have often wondered about that. Perhaps Cheryl could answer this.
I have noticed we have 6 new moderators. Is it coincidence that six new moderators appear about the time this warning was issued?
God forbid that our frequent management poster become a moderator! Would he delete people he didn't like and posts that he considered blasphemous?