Build That Wall!!

vantexan

Beats me. Not a policy guy. But he never had to pull funding for any of them from various department budgets outside of Congressional appropriation for them to be carried out.

Good thing Trump even said the wall isn't an actual emergency. The courts will strike it down.

Then we'd have a king. The courts will stop it.
Beats me. Not a policy guy. But he never had to pull funding for any of them from various department budgets outside of Congressional appropriation for them to be carried out.

Good thing Trump even said the wall isn't an actual emergency. The courts will strike it down.

Then we'd have a king. The courts will stop it.
He's not ruling by edict. He can point to very serious numbers concerning border security. He can point to all of the Dems voting for it in the past. And he can point to the actual law that let's him do this without seeking Congressional funding or approval. See you at the Supreme Court.

Box Ox

Obama,

Daca, the Paris accord, Iran nuclear deal, fast and furious operation/ executive privilege to incidents resulting from, invading :censored2: holes with out congress, ACA mandatory mandate forcing people to buy healthcare, I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

He was a terrible President, just like all regressives. Conservatives told ya since the beginning always warning the government encroachment into health care would lead to the single payer debate and socializing a private industry, regressive Obama lied and said nuh uh, just give us an inch we promise we won’t do that. Now look at the debate, single payer.

Here are all of Obama's National Emergency Declarations:

NRhClTx.png

qZPy75y.png

MAKAVELI

Obama,

Daca, the Paris accord, Iran nuclear deal, fast and furious operation/ executive privilege to incidents resulting from, invading :censored2: holes with out congress, ACA mandatory mandate forcing people to buy healthcare, I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

He was a terrible President, just like all regressives. Conservatives told ya since the beginning always warning the government encroachment into health care would lead to the single payer debate and socializing a private industry, regressive Obama lied and said nuh uh, just give us an inch we promise we won’t do that. Now look at the debate, single payer.
So you can't quote Obama declaring a National Crisis?:sad2:

MAKAVELI

You don’t have to say “National Emergency” to overstep your constitutional restraints.

Obama proved that over and over again.

Most regressives in our history have. See Truman and FDR.
So you can't quote Obama claiming a National Crisis?:happy2:

vantexan

You did, by pointing to the cost of DACA adjudications and likening it to funding appropriation.
Where did the funding come from to pay Iran $150 Billion anyways? The Republican Congress sure didn't approve it. I seem to recall them leaving in an unmarked plane in the dead of night with the money converted to Euros and Swiss Francs. Was that one of those national emergencies Obama liked to declare?

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m not defending trump declaring a national emergency, I’m just saying defending Obama as some great arbiter of the constitution is ridiculous.

upload_2019-2-17_0-53-6.jpeg

MAKAVELI

Where did the funding come from to pay Iran $150 Billion anyways? The Republican Congress sure didn't approve it. I seem to recall them leaving in an unmarked plane in the dead of night with the money converted to Euros and Swiss Francs. Was that one of those national emergencies On a m a liked to declare?
So you can't quote Obama claiming a National Crisis?:happy2:

Box Ox

He's not ruling by edict. He can point to very serious numbers concerning border security. He can point to all of the Dems voting for it in the past. And he can point to the actual law that let's him do this without seeking Congressional funding or approval. See you at the Supreme Court.

“I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster,” he said. “I just want to get it done faster, that’s all.”

Trump, just yesterday.

Where did the funding come from to pay Iran $150 Billion anyways?

Fox News didn't tell you that money was from the unfreezing of Iranian assets when sanctions were lifted?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You did, by pointing to the cost of DACA adjudications and likening it to funding appropriation.
Yep, that's pretty much the case.
I don't know what you do for UPS but if you are a driver, you have observed how hard it is for the center manager to add another route and/or a driver.
The reason is that funding is inherently involved to pay for a package car, a spot for the preload, a driver's wages, etc.
There is an inherent cost to DACA to pay for the staffing (Salary, Benefits, Pension), the buildings, the judicial costs and impact on many other existing information systems, and so on and so on.

USCIS states that based on the total number of initial applications and renewals, the total cost for adjudicating DACA cases was $316.5 million for the years 2015-2017. ---- published-Oct 8, 2018

vantexan

“I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster,” he said. “I just want to get it done faster, that’s all.”

Trump, just yesterday.

Fox News didn't tell you that money was from the unfreezing of Iranian assets when sanctions were lifted?

Trump, just yesterday.

Trump, just yesterday.

Did MSNBC tell you that Iran didn't stick to the deal after getting the money? If it was all legit why the cloak-and-dagger manner with which it was carried out? And why wasn't Congress notified of it? Did they circumvent Congress?

Box Ox

There is an inherent cost to DACA to pay for the staffing (Salary, Benefits, Pension), the buildings, the judicial costs and impact on many other existing information systems, and so on and so on.

So where did Obama find the funding for all of that if he circumvented Congress as Trump has?

Where did the funding come from to pay Iran $150 Billion anyways?

Did MSNBC tell you that Iran didn't stick to the deal after getting the money?

You're just moving goalposts. First it was "where did the money come from?" as if the US had paid for it. And now it's "Iran was still bad!"

How didn't Iran stick to the deal, anyway? The IAEA says they have.

vantexan

So where did Obama find the funding for all of that if he circumvented Congress as Trump has?

You're just moving goalposts. First it was "where did the money come from?" as if the US had paid for it. And now it's "Iran was still bad!"

How didn't Iran stick to the deal, anyway? The IAEA says they have.
They broke it testing ballistic missiles. But why wasn't Congress notified before sending the money? And make no mistake about it, Iran is bad, they aren't just another little country being picked on by the U.S..

refineryworker05

These trump supporters don't believe in much at all. So, they did not like their fun house version of the Obama presidency, but their argument in support of trump and his wall is that trump is doing what Obama did. I mean these people are just frauds there is no other word to describe them.