Build That Wall!!

vantexan

These trump supporters don't believe in much at all. So, they did not like their fun house version of the Obama presidency, but their argument in support of trump and his wall is that trump is doing what Obama did. I mean these people are just frauds there is no other word to describe them.
Blah, blah, blah, race, blah, blah, blah, frauds.....

542thruNthru

Trump-tweets-KUSI-Fetured-image.png

:beersmiley:

newfie

Beats me. Not a policy guy. But he never had to pull funding for any of them from various department budgets outside of Congressional appropriation for them to be carried out.

I think you're chasing semantics here . Obama tried to go around congress many times when he could not legislate. his daca provision that is being fought over in the courts is another example. but but but Obama never reappropriated funding is not true. there is specific flexibility in the budget for presidents to do exactly that.

Trumps action is a bit of an escalation over previous presidents but well in line with a trend where presidents frustrated by partisan politics find ways to go around the congress. all presidents have enjoyed a wide latitude in how they spend the money in the budget.

Five times that President Obama went around Congress

https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3357&context=lcp

bacha29

The thing is they couldn't build it. They had to call in the Americans to get the project done.
What they lacked was money and equipment. You would have to admit that the one they built to spring El Chapo worked pretty good. Meanwhile by the time all the law suits are settled Trump will be out of office , the nationalist fervor that put him in office will have subsided the entire matter will have died down and the people whose property would have been cut in two by the wall will breathe a sigh of relief.