Bumped off bidded route

Really? When ft drivers work their non payoff weeks (violating the CBA) it's one driver either not put on the road or advanced to coverage opportunities and being a steward that breaks rules for personal gain it opens a Pandora's box to every driver being able to work their vacations as well, displacing pt timers who could get road time and all the experience and possibilities to qualify for a full time job.

We had multiple drivers telling management they'd work the majority (if not all) of their vacations every year. The management banked on it and it allowed them to reduce opportunities for pt timers to drive and we put a stop to it.
If some people can't make it on $100,000/yr maybe they need to change their lifestyle and quit trampling on their pt time coworkers rights. The company will allow the union to canabolize itself for their gain anytime.
Local 177 doesn't have Pt cover drivers... If so then I would see your point... I could under stand if that were the case or if they were tell drivers to go or stay home... That wasn't the case in my center...

10 Pt

Local 177 doesn't have Pt cover drivers... If so then I would see your point... I could under stand if that were the case or if they were tell drivers to go or stay home... That wasn't the case in my center...
You have no pt vacation coverage drivers during the "free period" (5-1 thru Labor Day) nor single day vacation coverage drivers?

govols019

You smell that?
You picked a vacation week and then decided you would work through it and in doing so you possibly denied another driver of picking that week for vacation and you see nothing wrong with that?

Wow...That's selfish. You really are just all about you.

You have no pt vacation coverage drivers during the "free period" (5-1 thru Labor Day) nor single day vacation coverage drivers?
No... They hire casual drivers for summer and peak seasons...
You picked a vacation week and then decided you would work through it and in doing so you possibly denied another driver of picking that week for vacation and you see nothing wrong with that?

Wow...That's selfish. You really are just all about you.
I would pick and then tell the manager right their I'm working that week... Then he would still fill the spot... It wasn't last minute... Its just like cashing in your week... The only difference is you don't get the 35% tax like a green check... They call it a bonus...

10 Pt

No... They hire casual drivers for summer and peak seasons...

I would pick and then tell the manager right their I'm working that week... Then he would still fill the spot... It wasn't last minute... Its just like cashing in your week... The only difference is you don't get the 35% tax like a green check... They call it a bonus...
They hire "casual" drivers starting inside from pt workers (predominantly). Tell me that all your vacation coverage drivers are not bargaining unit members. I seriously doubt that.
You're missing or evading the point.

They hire "casual" drivers starting inside from pt workers (predominantly). Tell me that all your vacation coverage drivers are not bargaining unit members. I seriously doubt that.
You're missing or evading the point.
Are you asking if we have Pt workers to cover vacations for full time drivers?

rama'nfeeders

No we don't have PTers covering our vacations. East Coast Navy you shouldn't be violating Article 59 Section 6 especially being a shop steward. So you are selfish because you want to save on 35% tax. I work my scheduled vacations, no I don't want the $50,000 reinstated once the pension is 80% funded under the Federal laws/ guidelines, and I was 100% behind the 2080 hrs to have the 1 year pension credit. You dance around the violation of Article 59 Section 6, oh yeah you are a deal maker for management.

No we don't have PTers covering our vacations. East Coast Navy you shouldn't be violating Article 59 Section 6 especially being a shop steward. So you are selfish because you want to save on 35% tax. I work my scheduled vacations, no I don't want the $50,000 reinstated once the pension is 80% funded under the Federal laws/ guidelines, and I was 100% behind the 2080 hrs to have the 1 year pension credit. You dance around the violation of Article 59 Section 6, oh yeah you are a deal maker for management.
So if no one is getting laid off when I work on my vacation, more money gets put into the pension, no one is losing a vacation spot, casuals are working (that don't put into the pension), instead of a teamster member working to put more money into the pension... Besides what's in the contract... Why shouldn't it happen?

rama'nfeeders

The contract says no one is to work for the employee on there scheduled vacation Article 59 section 6. Also since you are paid 2 weeks prior to your vacation the money for the benefits and pension are paid accordingly to your scheduled vacation week. If you punch in on your scheduled week off it triggers the system to pay the benefits for that week so therefore the Plan is paying out twice for you. It a serious problem with the part timers coming in for a few days when they areach scheduled off. East Coast Navy you sit there and try to take shots at me, but you are a steward and you violate the contract is abysmal. I think you should call you BA down in Hillside, NJ and speak to him about the I'll affects of people coming in on there scheduled week off. BTW who is your BA??? lmk I am real curious.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So if no one is getting laid off when I work on my vacation, more money gets put into the pension, no one is losing a vacation spot, casuals are working (that don't put into the pension), instead of a teamster member working to put more money into the pension... Besides what's in the contract... Why shouldn't it happen?
You don't really think that the Company is making pension contributions on your behalf twice during weeks that you work through your vacations, do you???
Do you conversely believe they are also making double contributions for your H&W???
If they were contractually obligated to, I guarantee, it would not be permitted.
Not making any contributions for the employee who would have worked in your place, is the lure for the Company to turn a blind eye to the violation.

I see it working the other way.
While you are double dipping, someone else isn't getting hired, and the pension loses those contributions, the Local loses dues, and the Company saves a ton of money.

Meanwhile, while you're working that week and receiving vacation pay, a junior employee was likely closed out of that week during the selection period.

I would hope that if you insist on acting this selfish in the workplace in the future, you would at least schedule two of these weeks as the first two weeks of January.

Last edited:
[
The contract says no one is to work for the employee on there scheduled vacation Article 59 section 6. Also since you are paid 2 weeks prior to your vacation the money for the benefits and pension are paid accordingly to your scheduled vacation week. If you punch in on your scheduled week off it triggers the system to pay the benefits for that week so therefore the Plan is paying out twice for you. It a serious problem with the part timers coming in for a few days when they areach scheduled off. East Coast Navy you sit there and try to take shots at me, but you are a steward and you violate the contract is abysmal. I think you should call you BA down in Hillside, NJ and speak to him about the I'll affects of people coming in on there scheduled week off. BTW who is your BA??? lmk I am real curious.
It's guys like you that get people fired, for going toe to toe with management for every little thing instead of fight for things that matter... Then you are back tracking to get members jobs back... The way you talk you better not ever be come a stew again... To answer your question about who is my BA... Your MOM!

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Over here if you work your vacation that's not an option week or you didn't declare you'd work it at selection time is paid at overtime rate for all hours worked. Drivers will select a summer week then when the time comes to take it they change their mind (money issues typically) which screws someone who would've taken it. Having to pay the driver overtime for working the vacation detours this from happening.

Steward773

Nobody should work on their vacation period. If you need money that bad then you have bigger problems then violating the contract.

govols019

You smell that?
[

It's guys like you that get people fired, for going toe to toe with management for every little thing instead of fight for things that matter... Then you are back tracking to get members jobs back... The way you talk you better not ever be come a stew again... To answer your question about who is my BA... Your MOM!

Pathetic.

Nobody should work on their vacation period. If you need money that bad then you have bigger problems then violating the contract.
If you cash in a vacation you get tax in local 177 % 35... It's called a bonus... If you work on it... It's not called a bonus, so you get the regular tax... You have no idea going on in someone's life... Who are you to judge if someone needs the money?

rama'nfeeders

Well first of all you don't need to use my MOM in this forum. Have some respect, but than again why should people here on BC respect you one from Local 177 and number two anyone from outside of our Local since you are a steward and you sit there with your pompous attitude and remarks and continue to violate a contract that yoy swear as a steward to uphold your highest morale. I knew when to push and btwo I saved many jobs and only had one walked off that turned into a 3 day suspension. It would have been a warning letter, but the member couldn't keep there mouth shut. You deal making useless steward. Come on tough guy Who's you BA IN LOCAL 177
YOU HIDING SOMETHING BEEOTCH!!!

Well first of all you don't need to use my MOM in this forum. Have some respect, but than again why should people here on BC respect you one from Local 177 and number two anyone from outside of our Local since you are a steward and you sit there with your pompous attitude and remarks and continue to violate a contract that yoy swear as a steward to uphold your highest morale. I knew when to push and btwo I saved many jobs and only had one walked off that turned into a 3 day suspension. It would have been a warning letter, but the member couldn't keep there mouth shut. You deal making useless steward. Come on tough guy Who's you BA IN LOCAL 177
YOU HIDING SOMETHING BEEOTCH!!!
What makes you think this isn't going to happen? Is that what the BAs telling you?

rama'nfeeders

First of all I have never had a conversation with a BA about anything pertaining to this seniority stuff. I just want to know who your BA is. So who is your Business Agent in local 177??? What are you embarrassed to let us all know. You are a steward you should be proud of your Executive Board. ....aren't you??? Please let us know we are all wIting....