Bumping Bid Route Drivers???

ManInBrown

Routes are permanent where I am. They aren't re-bid yearly. If a route comes open because of retirement or a feeder transfer they put a bid sheet up for interested drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there a way to know w if/when routes come up for bid. Or does it vary by location ??

Bid cycles for all routes are posted in your supplement. The bid sheets for all routes and for those routes that are put up for bid during a bid cycle are posted by management for a designated period of time. They are supposed to be posted where everyone can see them but there are center managers who like to "hide" them.

barnyard

KTM rider
Routes are permanent where I am. They aren't re-bid yearly. If a route comes open because of retirement or a feeder transfer they put a bid sheet up for interested drivers.

Same here. Training routes are noted on the bid.

I think we have 4 training routes in my center. They were all noted as training on the bids and they are used in rotating order.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here. Training routes are noted on the bid.

I think we have 4 training routes in my center. They were all noted as training on the bids and they are used in rotating order.

We used to have just one training route. Now each loop has one---oddly enough they still use just the original one.