Business casual every day for females?

I

ie guy

This post is a question regarding inside (office) employees...

As a male that has to wear a suit and tie in 100 degree weather I was just wondering when it became business casual every day for female supervisors and managers. It seems to me that there's a serious double-standard happening here. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that feels this way.

DS

Fenderbender

As a male that has to wear a suit and tie in 100 degree weather I was just wondering when it became business casual every day for female supervisors and managers. It seems to me that there's a serious double-standard happening here. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that feels this way.

Whats your problem?,isn't the office air conditioned?
They can't fire you for wearing a skirt,so if you have to leave the office to get a coke,at least you'll get a cool breeze.

Are you NEW! UPS specializes in double standards....DS

JustTired

free at last.......
Whats your problem?,isn't the office air conditioned?
They can't fire you for wearing a skirt,so if you have to leave the office to get a coke,at least you'll get a cool breeze.

Are you NEW! UPS specializes in double standards....DS

Good one, DS!
One typo, though. That should be "doubled standards".

IE guy.............crunch the numbers..........that should give you the solution:wink:!!

athena

Walk around for a week in high heels, pantyhose, make-up and nice pants and shirt with suit coat. Then you can complain about a double-standard.

wkmac

The folks passing out buggies at Wal-Mart don't have to wear a suit and tie so check it out and the fry cooks at McDonalds have it pretty casual too!
:lol:

I've always wanted to throw that tripe trash back out as some management type!
:wink:

Sorry ieguy, didn't mean to diss you but in an office environment you have AC on those 100 plus degree days. As you yourself said:
question regarding inside (office) employees...

In the evenings with cars back in the building and the feeder trailers wide open I took my thermal gun and shot readings at chest high level and the ambient temps are anywhere from 106 to 114 degree readings. Up high in some pickoff positions I've gotten nearly 120 degree readings and this inside the building in the normal work area. Sure, we have some fans but how does a fan air feel blowing 100 plus degree ambient air?

I have to wear a Stage 2 Electric Arc proof uniform (long sleeve shirt) which is about the thickness of canvas (OSHA rules) all the time so please do not cry to me about your tie being to uncomfortable. I see operations management out on the floor, in loads and everywhere else with their ties and they ain't on here whining so stop yours.

Besides in all this excessive heat, all you have to say is "Why is the PPH or SPORH dropping? We need operations/package to cut people in order to get that number back up!" You know, that same ole IE tripe from folks who you have to use dynamite and naplam bombs to even move them out of the office to come see the real world and even then they claim to have another conference call to take. I've seen ads in the paper for jobs making big money and all you have to do is use the telephone. I never knew UPS hired IE folks that way! I guess your resume will list "expert on conference calls" as a main selling point.

If you don't like the double standard then leave. Nobody has a gun to your head! Better yet, want to wear the same stuff as the ladies? Get a sex change or take up the gay lifestyle and show your newfound femine side by wearing a tennis skirt but please shave your legs for the rest of us!

You know, I take back the dissing you part because at the end of the day I doubt very seriously you repsect us, so much for any respect back at ya!

Good thing Cheryl doesn't have a "bird" icon because I'd use it about now!

Sorry for the rant folks but this heat is miserable that we are all suffering through and this whiny as5 comes here about his tie being to tight!
:mad:
friend Him!

wkmac

IE means:

Intercourse and Exercise!

First they screw you, then give you the run around!

There you go Over!
LMAO!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
pretty strong coments out of character for you mac.

as far as the double standards concerned I don't know if I would care to start wearing a dress and heels. Or did you want us to make the women start wearing neckties?

management should get away from wearing the suits and ties. Most of our customers do not wear anything so formal.

JustTired

free at last.......
ie guy

And you get on me for blaming IE for all the problems in this company. I rest my case! You should be worrying how best to service the customer instead of what you're going to wear tomorrow. Maybe a nice spreadsheet pattern, with a (computer) mouse wrapped around your neck.

Sammie

Yes, ie guy, you are the only person on the planet who feels this way and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The double standard you mention is this - The guys buy two or three suits, a couple of shirts and ties and they're good to go. The ladies catch grief if they don't have a plentitude of perfectly color coordinated outfits and our yearly evaluations are actually based in part on how snazzy we look. I always wondered what that had to do with job performance.

Maybe you don't work for the same company that I did, but we had business casual for a very short time before it was banned and I never
saw a sloppily dressed female employee. But I guess what you're hinting at here is that women should start wearing dress shirts, dress pants, and ties.

But unless everybody starts wearing identical tunics (toga office parties !!) :w00t: male and female attires will be different.

rod

Retired 22 years
Is any other package driver seeing the humor in this post? While some are worried about how fancypants they have to dress the ground pounder delivery person is running their arse off in a 150 degree hot dark brown truck that hasn't been washed in 2 months.

30andout

I don't understand what everyone is ranting about. I broke a heel and got a run in my pantyhose loading my truck at my last pick up today. And you don't hear me complaining do ya ????:crying:

old levi's

blank space

Hey ie guy, see what happens when you throw a rock at a hornet's nest.
Probably best for you to back away slowly. Or maybe run like hell.

upsgrunt

Hey IE guy,
Why don't you try to cut your number of suits down by 2 or 3, do extra work in them like gardening or mowing, and then don't wash them for several months- all in an effort to save money of course!

wkmac

Management should all wear pig outfits.

:lol::lol::lol:

Now for the next several days everytime I see a management person I'll have this mental image of them in a pig suit and it's all your fault!
:thumbup1:

Seriously, I'm fortunate right now to be surrounded for the most part by some pretty good management people so for me that image would be pretty tough to do. But the thought of TieGuy bouncing around the Feeder Dept. in a pink Pig suit?

OH MY GAWD!
Now That's Killer!
:lol:

Tie,
Those feeder drivers would just kill ya so please don't do it!
:wink: