Business heavy routes

BiggieBrown

About 18 months ago I was pulling a rail off the door and the idiot loader didn’t put a load bar on. Swing door. A package fell out and I just left it on the ground in the yard. My days of touching cardboard are over. I wasn’t walking back to grab it.

Let me give you a tip - don't tell this story anywhere other than online. It's not exactly flattering.
You're the dead weight we need to get out of here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why do some of you like business routes?
I’ve been stuck covering this bulky ass city route last few weeks and it sucks nards. Peak volume, god awful load quality and not enough bodies is a bad combo for this route, stuck doing ALL businesses and 3/4 of the pickups that are normally split to two routes. Had to get bailed out by multiple guys every day except Wednesday this last week...and I made service myself but punched out at 10 that day. Everybody knows it’s bs and have been really cool about helping me out but I’ve learned my lesson....I’m damn close to getting my own permanent route but I will never bid on a business route....can’t even listen to music until the resis cause I get too distracted dealing with all the psycho drivers on their cell phones and never looking left right left. Stresses me out
I will openly admit lots of bulk is something I don’t deal with well. I’m not a very organized driver. It’s def one of my weaker points of doing the job.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I love my business heavy route because of the people I deliver to. Clear 2/3 of my.packages by noon and walk through the rest of my day at a comfortable pace. 42 pickups but only about 28 of them ship anything. One heavy pickup. Its really cake to be honest. I prefer the interaction over doing a 180 stop paper route where you can't even get as much as a :censored2: off. My hood resis I get thank you or have a good one almost all the time. Its the little things to me.

ManInBrown

Let me give you a tip - don't tell this story anywhere other than online. It's not exactly flattering.
You're the dead weight we need to get out of here.
I got news for you pal, the dead weight is the loader that left a Poland spring piss bottle on the tail of this trailer, and the hub supervisor who allowed the trailer to wrap without a load bar. k?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Big city so nothing rural. Business and PU routes are better because you can clear out most of the car early. Resi routes you are drowning in small single piece amazon stops for several hours. Most routes are a mix but a 50/50 split per package is ideal.

ManInBrown

And if you had a 300 stop resi route you'd cry about that too. Every route sucks right now. There are no drivers going home early every day.
If you have 300 resi stops and 180 aren’t in a tight little condo community o got news, you’re a sucker. There’s this kewl thing called the 9.5

UPSER1987

When I first started in package I got parked on a heavy business route. Driver was on comp. It sucked. Driver was a runner. Went out with 95-100 stops and 38 pickups. 70 of the 95-100 were heavy business. Problem is the runner would call most the pickups every day to see if they had anything going out. I dropped anchor and they had to send help every day At 2pm to get the business savers off because I took meal. I wasn’t calling anyone. Went to every pickup. The only saving grace was the loader was great. was loaded to perfection. Never had to search for anything.

Routes like this are horrible IMO. It’s always something every day, forget about needing help. There’s always a pickup that‘s shipping 10x their normal amount, or they are closing early. My last route in package before feeders was so cushy. 120 stops. 28-30 business. The rest residential. 8 super light pickups that I could grab anytime I wanted after 5pm. All were left outside, or inside a business lobby. You always want routes with the fewest pickups as possible.

Let me give all the package drivers a tip. Put your name on the feeder list. I work 43-45 hours a week without a care in the world and haven’t touched cardboard in 2 years. About 18 months ago I was pulling a rail off the door and the idiot loader didn’t put a load bar on. Swing door. A package fell out and I just left it on the ground in the yard. My days of touching cardboard are over. I wasn’t walking back to grab it.
Sounds like you’re a pretty tough guy. Lol

Poop Head

Judge me.
And if you had a 300 stop resi route you'd cry about that too. Every route sucks right now. There are no drivers going home early every day.
If you have 300 resi stops and 180 aren’t in a tight little condo community o got news, you’re a sucker. There’s this kewl thing called the 9.5
The funniest thing going on right now, is drivers whining like little babies because theyre being kept under 9.5, but "BARELY under". Hilarious!

Hot Carl

my route now is like 1/3 industrial and the rest resis. I get so many tips now my wife response is "dont these people know how much yall make?"
What they don't know won't hurt them. Had a customer hand me an expensive bottle of champagne yesterday. For what? :censored2: if I know. What can I say? Sometimes ya just gotta take "yes" for an answer.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I had a downtown route, 80-90 business stops then condos. I enjoyed the customers a lot but it’s damaging on the back. I took a rural route and now I have 20 or so business stops then it’s residential, most of my residential are in a golf course. I do get off later but it’s mostly because of a letter box I pick up and the drive to and from the building. But I come home and I don’t feel exhausted at all. Wish I did it long time ago. Plus there are awesome mountains near me ask @542thruNthru

DonaruTarampu

I preferred my business route during peak over my resi route during qualification. But then again I'm a fairly attractive guy so receptionist chicks love to flirt with me. Running to doors and back on the resi route I felt like my boyish good looks were going to waste.

542thruNthru

I will openly admit lots of bulk is something I don’t deal with well. I’m not a very organized driver. It’s def one of my weaker points of doing the job.

This doesn't surprise me. Your wife said the other night "He could find my G spot with a map, flashlight and a sherpa to guide him."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
About 18 months ago I was pulling a rail off the door and the idiot loader didn’t put a load bar on. Swing door. A package fell out and I just left it on the ground in the yard. My days of touching cardboard are over. I wasn’t walking back to grab it.
I got news for you pal, the dead weight is the loader that left a Poland spring piss bottle on the tail of this trailer, and the hub supervisor who allowed the trailer to wrap without a load bar. k?
Bro, seriously, no.
Just, no.

It's your job to put a load bar or strap up before pulling off the door. Seriously, cover your ass. A lot of people don't realize it's pretty easy to lose the easiest job in this company if you don't CYA.

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
I preferred my business route during peak over my resi route during qualification. But then again I'm a fairly attractive guy so receptionist chicks love to flirt with me. Running to doors and back on the resi route I felt like my boyish good looks were going to waste.
Well then its a good thing you couldnt handle carrying boxes around, so you can focus on your career as a child actor!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Every route does suck right now. But you can stuff a p5 to the brim and give me the scariest stops in the building in the pissing down rain and I’ll never stress cause I don’t have to worry about service or other safety circumstances that are out of my control. In the woods I feel like I’m in complete control of everything. Radio on, focus on driving safely, zone in and coast all 12 hours. Piss wherever you want when you want. Pull over and take a break pretty much anywhere.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Pickups alone I don’t mind at all, when I do gravy tight resi only routes I always volunteer to take pickups off of neighbors or double trip to drop air when we’re like this cause it’s the easiest money I’ll make all day.